SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

For sure, would love to see one of those two! Hopefully if this is as big of a get as indicated (Kennedy tweeting it sure makes it seem like it), hopefully it's one of those guys. If not, it doesn't hurt our chances of landing a stud forward if we have a great group of D and goalie locked and loaded for them to play with!

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Very excited to get a highly touted netminder in the pipeline. Feels like the most unpredictable position to project but nice to see a plan after Perrson and Hedquist. Sounds like Goehring was a big reason we landed him.

Karl needs a win. He hasn't had great success on goalie recruiting yet. Hopefully this is a good sign.

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Good point. I am sick of relying on the portal.

But if a stud goalie is sitting because another stud goalie took the net and didn’t relinquish it, they may transfer out, causing us to be forced to do so, so you never know.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Damn good list developing here.

Forwards
Croal, 03
Littler, 04
Panzer, 04
Slipec, 05
Klee, 05
Swanson, 06
Boisvert, 06
Pilgrim, 06
O'Neill, 07

Defense
Jubenvill, 03
Ausmus, 04
Strathmann, 05
McInnis, 06
Emery, 06
Laurila, 06

Goalie
Heil, 06

Would love to see Slipec and Klee take the next step this year.  Will be nice to see how Littler transitions to a full season in the USHL.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, tnt said:

Would love to see Slipec and Klee take the next step this year.  Will be nice to see how Littler transitions to a full season in the USHL.

Absolutely loving the mix of top end and four year players. What a helluva couple of weeks for the staff. Brewing huge potential.

• Upvote 2

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/new-und-goalie-commit-caleb-heil-is-an-nhl-prospect-his-coach-says

"I think they're getting an NHL prospect," Sioux Falls Power coach Noelle Needham said. "I think he'll be drafted in Vegas next June. His approach is like a professional. The way he warms up, the way he approaches practices, the way he approaches his workouts, it's at a very elite level. He's extremely athletic. He's patient. He has really good eyes. He tracks (the puck) well.

"He has earned his way to being the top 2006 goaltender prospect in the country. I think that says a lot."

• Upvote 1