SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Am I missing something? I haven't seen Wade Murphy, Christian Evers, nor Tucker Poolman listed on the 2013 Heisenberg recruiting comittments. Anybody know why they wouldn't be listed on his site?

I am sure he will list them and perhaps waits now until they sign their LOI. I know with two of the three players you list they have publicly admitted they committed so I would take their word over Heisenberg's anyday.

No OHL in his future? Maybe no WHL in his future?

Doubtful on Tambellini.

He attended one of Portland's camps and from there determined college was a better fit.

That said, he could change his mind. But IMO he needs the time in the weight room. He's like Brock Nelson-build. 6-3, but kind of skinny.

I don't blame Lemieux. You gotta go where you can play. Especially as a 16 year old. You need to develop, and skating 3rd/4th line behind 20 year olds isn't going to cut it.

So how does going to the OHL get him more playing time? Barrie has the best record in the OHL right now. If he was on the 3rd/4th line for a USHL team, I really doubt he will be get much more playing time on the best team in the OHL.

I don't blame Lemieux. You gotta go where you can play. Especially as a 16 year old. You need to develop, and skating 3rd/4th line behind 20 year olds isn't going to cut it.

I've stated it before on this thread that I believe in many cases going to the USHL at an early age can hinder ones development for the very reason above. It can certainly help if a 16 year old is getting quality minutes every game but when an elite 16 year old is getting 3rd/4th minutes at best and a healthy scratch on occasion a player used to always being "the guy" isn't going to go for that very long and bolt if they have the chance (i.e. Lemieux). I always use Mike Fink as an example of a guy who would have been better served playing his junior year of high school and then moving on to the USHL rather than jumping as a high school junior. Some kids just can't adapt quickly enough and end up not developing the way they were projected.

Tuesday's three stars at World Junior A Challenge

Third star - Wade Murphy, Canada West: The University of North Dakota-bound right wing, who was a C-rated prospect on Central Scouting's preliminary players to watch list from the British Columbia Hockey League. Murphy, who scored twice in the victory over the Czechs, skates for the Penticton Vees.

"Wade was used at the point on the power play ā€¦ his first goal came off a play where he jumped up from the point and let go a one-timer," Edwards said. "On his second goal, he showed good hands and buried a shot up under the cross bar from in close. He battled hard along the boards and worked hard all game."

Three stars from Day 1 at World Junior A Challenge

Second Star: Luke Johnson, Team USA - The center for the Lincoln Stars in the United States Hockey League is rated an A skater on Central Scouting's preliminary list. He had two assists in the U.S. victory over Canada East.

"He was around the puck all game and creating offense every shift," Edwards said. "He is a smart and creative playmaker who handles and distributes the puck very well."

Wednesday's three stars from World Jr A Challenge

Third star: Wade Murphy, Canada West - This is the second straight night that Edwards has named Murphy one of his three stars. He had a goal and two assists, setting up the overtime winner, against Russia on Wednesday. Murphy, who currently stars for the Penticton Vees in the BCHL, has 10 goals and 26 points in 15 games this season.

"His goal looked like a replay from the one he scored in Game 1," Edwards said. "It was a one-timer from the top of the circles. He played with an edge tonight."

Is Murphy draft eligible this year? If so he may be leaping up a few draft boards. Sounds like a big time player

He will be eligible for the second year, so don't get your hopes up on him being drafted. He had 90+ points last year, if that doesn't get you drafted I don't know what will. He is on pace for 100+ points so you never know, that would put him in Travis Zajac/Kyle Turris territory.

Didn't get a chance to see the game, but according to WIKI, Wade Murphy made the All Star/Tournament team following his team's 6-3 loss to USA, for gold. After his break for the World Junior A (and a 2 game suspension) he's still tied for 2nd in BCHL scoring race, 2 points behind 1st with 6 less games played. Starting to realize just how big of a pickup this guy was for UND -- hard to believe he went undrafted in his first year of eligibility with his dominance in both the BCHL and international competition (compare to Luke Johnson whose got a great skillset and had a solid, but quieter, tourney but is predicted to go as high as 1st round). Excited to see both of them play next year.