SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Emery is one of the standouts at the draft combine. I can definitely see a team taking him with a late pick in the first round. 

Looking at Scott Wheeler's post of the combine test results, Emery was at or near the top in a lot of the tests.
Pretty impressive.  Would guess he'll do pretty well in the team preseason IronMan competition.

EJ Emery's long jump came in nearly 4 inches longer than the next closest player at 123" and had the best vertical 27.23." No real surprise, but it was one of the more impressive showings we've seen ever at the combine in those events.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Kevin G said:

It's hard not to be excited about about this incoming group of commits, especially at the top end. Emery's combine testing was sensational. He is an athletic beast, a la Cole Smith. Boisvert is considered one of the ten best centers in the draft with very good skill and remarkable intangibles. Swanson gets on the scoresheet. And wins. 

Agreed!  Those three you mention should contribute right away.
I'm excited about the rest of the incoming group as well...it's just a very very solid incoming class and portal additions.
Croal had a very productive last two years in the USHL.  Jubenvill lit it up in the USHL playoffs and Strathmann should be ready to go after his extra year of jr hockey.
The three portal adds in Wilkie, MacDonald, and TJ were some of the best available options in the portal at their positions.

Blake was a big loss, but hopefully his departure allows some of the other forwards to get rolling a bit, since all the offense won't be controlled by Jackson.  The offensive group has the capability to be better than last year IMO.

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Kevin G said:

It's hard not to be excited about about this incoming group of commits, especially at the top end. Emery's combine testing was sensational. He is an athletic beast, a la Cole Smith. Boisvert is considered one of the ten best centers in the draft with very good skill and remarkable intangibles. Swanson gets on the scoresheet. And wins. 

Yeah this team will stumble a bit at the beginning of the year (and I really hope Berry let's them struggle and grow the way they need to) but this is a group that will be very good come playoff time. And looking even farther to the future, this year's and last year's recruiting class will pay even greater dividends when everyone has had another year under their belts. Really looking at an extra year of Perron, Livanavage, Zmolek, Mclaughlin, Wiebe all being guys that take more leaps this coming year and the year after.  

On 6/5/2024 at 4:45 PM, brianvf said:

Just his size is the only thing that I've seen as being a "drawback" with Mac.

Grimaldi had a bunch more hype and exposure before coming to college, as he came up thru all the NTDP teams...I'm sure that helped with his getting drafted despite his size.

Man, I sure loved watching Rocco play and having him at UND but he sure rang a lot of posts during his time.

59 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Man, I sure loved watching Rocco play and having him at UND but he sure rang a lot of posts during his time.

Posts, yes.  A lot.

And I remember how excited the fanbase was for his arrival, but then to have him miss almost his entire freshman season with that injury.
Only was able to play in 4 games...with his lone goal coming against the Gophers at Mariucci.

On 6/14/2024 at 5:30 AM, The Sicatoka said:

I think Sacha should be called "Santa"; seems he's made a list and is checkin' it twice ... TBL, NJD, and VAN made the "naughty" one. :D 

Got to respect a guy who understands the situation.

This tidbit was mentioned at the bottom of this Herald article.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/college-hockey-notes-warroads-slukynsky-brothers-chart-new-course

We've kind of assumed this was happening, so certainly not a shock.

Forward Grayden Slipec will no longer be coming to UND.

The Fighting Hawks and the Chicago Steel forward have parted ways.

Slipec initially committed to UND in October 2021, when he was playing for Surrey in the British Columbia Hockey League. He moved to USHL Chicago for the past two seasons, but the offensive side of his game hasn't emerged yet. Slipec scored two goals in 53 games last season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2024 at 7:38 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

Cripes, did you have to bring that Jersey Shore crap up here? :lol:

On 6/18/2024 at 7:14 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Does anyone understand The Situation ... 

mike-sorrentino-f259af28edfd4556abb83fab

I see NOTHING wrong with the Jersey Shore these days. The new shows are actually kind of funny because they are old now and have kids. So, their parties are just like mine, just with much bigger houses. They seem like good people now

5zlr5u.jpg

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I see NOTHING wrong with the Jersey Shore these days. The new shows are actually kind of funny because they are old now and have kids. So, their parties are just like mine, just with much bigger houses. They seem like good people now

I just hate reality television.......ALL of it. I honestly don't know if the people involved are good or not.