SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

http://twitter.com/hammyhockey

Note Hammy's tweet re: Michaelson and "lack of progress" and potential "cooling" by the Gophers?

Maybe Michaelson is "cooling" on the Gophers?

Is Hammy setting up the usual "we didn't really want him" scenario when the Gophers don't get a local recruit?

Stay tuned.

It would be interesting to see who his unnamed source is.

To me if you offered to him, you either want him or you don't. Why would you leak out "cooling" if you still want him in the fold. Maybe they aren't as confident as Hakstol is in tapping his potential and want him to be a finished player so they can't be accused of screwing him up. :lol:

To me if you offered to him, you either want him or you don't. Why would you leak out "cooling" if you still want him in the fold. Maybe they aren't as confident as Hakstol is in tapping his potential and want him to be a finished player so they can't be accused of screwing him up. :lol:

I wonder if it isn't a move straight out of Major Juniors?

When a player has the attention of a Major Junior team, they woo him and all that jazz. If they are sure he'll commit to the MJ league in his region, they'll draft him highly (assuming he's a big time prospect). If, predraft, the MJ scouts feel like he's more inclined towards the NCAA (either through feelers put out or by the prospect himself stating as such) he could slip down the list and end up being drafted in the 5th round or later... if at all.

This drafting style doesn't indicate potential talent, but rather the most potential that would be the most certain to sign the contract and suit up for your team.

I don't know, but it certainly feels like this is the case to me.

If Rocco were 3 inches taller, I wonder what this report would read?

Ain't that the truth. His lack of size will probably give us another yr or two with him at UND. Boston College got 3 yrs with Gerbe, I sure hope we get that from him. A lot can change though after the USHL season if Rocco keeps up this pace, I'm sure he'll land in the mid first round.

3 inches?

How about 6 inches instead? :)

Funny reading the ISS rankings and seeing all these players at 6-1, 6-2 etc players, and there sits Rocco at 5-6. :D

True, but I think the rise would have started with 3 inches. If he had 6 inches, then he'd be top 15 I bet.

Nice, 5 UND recruits make it on the USA WJAC team!

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=85102

Five Sioux recruits will play for the U.S. at the World Junior A Challenge, which will be held in Penticton, B.C., on Nov. 8-14.

Goalie Zane Gothberg, defensemen Nick Mattson and Jordan Schmaltz and forwards Mike Parks and Colten St. Clair will suit up for the Americans at the tournament. All five currently play in the USHL. Gothberg and St. Clair play for Fargo, Mattson for Indiana, Parks for Cedar Rapids and Schmaltz for Sioux City.

The Americans are the two-time defending champs in the tournament. In 2008, UND

Haven't had a MacMillan update for awhile, is he healthy then?

He is back in the lineup.

He's only played in two games since returning from his injury after getting injured in the very first game.

There are a ton of NCAA recruits (especially SCSU and WCHA) on that Penticton team. Laleggia (DU dman recruit) appears to be a stud, he is easily leading the team in points, which is mighty impressive for a dman!

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/stats_1team.cfm?leagueID=2393&clientID=1413&teamid=224101

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits