SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day vs. the UMD Bulldogs

siouxforeverbaby

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet victory! Little payback for UMD bouncing us in the Final Five last year.

How this game was won was almost identical to how UMD won against us last year in the Final Five.

They won last year by scoring a shorthanded goal then an even strength goal and then capped it with a empty netter.

Sioux almost did the same thing but just didn't get that ENG. Quite ironic.

Bring on Denver, LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

Just home from the game, great gritty win by the Sioux. They dominated play the first two periods and hung in there, kept working hard, and it paid off.

Sixty more minutes like that tomorrow night...keep the puck headed to the net!

GO SIOUX!!

Not our best performance, but a solid team win; especially considering the mix and match lines.

Passes will need to be crisper tomorrow, and our dmen will be tested more.

Gregoire, VV and Malone showed up big time. Especially Gregoire. If JG and Frattin are both at the top of their games, we will be tough to compete against. Throw in VV and Malone with their physical presence and we can win the forecheck.

Having both Davidson and Fienhage rotating in was not as bad as I thought it would be. The freshman line did fine too.

Looking forward to having the BMT: bone marrow transplant line back: brad, matt and trupp!

Go Sioux!

Anyone know when Evan Trupp last scored a goal, seems like it's been an awful long drought for him, I know he's been collecting

assists fairly steady, but no goals. Great time for him to catch fire...

The stat was that it had been a 20-game drought for Trupp until tonights goal.

Great game from UND tonight. They kept constant pressure on the UMD forwards in the defensive zone...the Bulldogs couldn't generate any sustained pressure. UND was also forcing the UMD dmen to make mistakes with the puck, which led to many turnovers and chances for UND in close. If Reiter hadn't been playing well, this game could have been 3 or 4-0 after 2 periods.

Also a great PK effort...holding the #1 PP team in the league to 5 shots on 5 PP chances and getting a SHG to boot was great.

It will be nice to have a fresh Frattin back tomorrow night against DU. Hopefully he can continue his solid play. VV and Gregoire were both forces out there tonight and Eidsness was once again good between the pipes.

I hope we can take it to DU tomorrow night and break their streak against UND this season...

Go Sioux!!

Gosh maybe the Sioux are a bunch of hacks, thugs, and goons? :huh:

The game’s most significant stoppage of play came with 7:45 left in the second, when assistant referee Bob Keltie took an inadvertent stick up high from a Sioux player. The North Dakota training staff attended to Keltie, staunching the bleeding from a cut above his left eye during a several-minute delay. Keltie skated a few more shifts, then was replaced by Jared Moen with 4:37 to play in the first.

:D

In seriousness, glad he was okay.

Great game from UND tonight. They kept constant pressure on the UMD forwards in the defensive zone...the Bulldogs couldn't generate any sustained pressure. UND was also forcing the UMD dmen to make mistakes with the puck, which led to many turnovers and chances for UND in close. If Reiter hadn't been playing well, this game could have been 3 or 4-0 after 2 periods.

Also a great PK effort...holding the #1 PP team in the league to 5 shots on 5 PP chances and getting a SHG to boot was great.

It will be nice to have a fresh Frattin back tomorrow night against DU. Hopefully he can continue his solid play. VV and Gregoire were both forces out there tonight and Eidsness was once again good between the pipes.

I hope we can take it to DU tomorrow night and break their streak against UND this season...

Go Sioux!!

Agree with all you have written. One of the best defensive games played by UND to date. Woog referenced UMD had 7...SEVEN...SOG mid way thru the game.

Thought Kristo was a one man wrecking crew in the offensive end most of the night.

Look forward to watching tonight's game. Frattin's rest will help. Wouldn't be suprised to see Toews either.

Going to be a tough one tonight. UND is going to have to get the 1st goal to have a chance.

Nice win for the sioux. Eidsness was sharp, and I thought the d-core played very well. With Frattin back tonight it will be nice to have the lines back to normal.

Other observations:

~Kristo was a beast

~Fienhage played well, surprised he doesn't play more

~Don Adam is still bad.....he missed a slash on Trupp in the corner that was blatant to the whole rink....should have been a UMD powerplay

~The reff who got cut came back. What a guy!

Guesses on lines for tonight

Gregs-Hex-VV

Frats-Malone-Trupper

Knight-Kristo-Zajac

Lammy-Toews-Cichy

Not official, but according to my numbers, during the last 11 games where we've gone 10-1, Eidsness has a 1.36 GAA and .942 SV%.

awesome and finehage did play very well when he was in. wuick decisions with the puck and mostly all very solid plays. good to see!

We were sluggish last night and so was UMD; I think it was the impact of playing three games last weekend and then playing just four days later. We'll have to play sharper and better and with more energy to win tonight. I really want some payback on Denver and this is a good place to get it. We have to dig down deep tonight. GO SIOUX!!!