SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

Don't pretend to be so innocently naive, you're not.

You know full well that your examples don't impart near the personally degrading connotations that 'Whiskey Joe' does. :)

The REAL beauty of runnin' MUMMY JOE outta TOWN is he and his manipulative, greedy wife NEVER GOT TO SPEND 1 DAY in their dream house - (not even in the "BONUS" room!)

haHA!!!!! :)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the finances at NDSU are not limited the Mansion fiasco. NDSU has an approximate $11,000,000 shortfall and have used up most of their reserve funds. Chapman seems to have moved funds from other accounts and used them to help athletics and other pet projects. They lowered their admission standards to let kids in that they would not have normally let in. That was not published in their official documents for admission standards however. One of the NDSU Cival Engineering grads who just moved back to his hime town, stated to me last week that when he went there as a freshman, they were taking "almost anyone". He said he could not believe his HS classmates who were accepted there. This was done to increase there student numbers. A problem with that is that state support and tuition only covers part of those costs and they did not have the money nor the infrastructure to support the additional students. Their numbers would likely have overtaken UND anyway because of the population of Fargo, West Fargo and surrounding area and the economy of Fargo as well as the drop at UND after the 1997 flood and fire. He needed to be patient and the numbers would have happended at a slower pace but it would not have caused the financial drain they are now facing.

Hanson has done a good job except he should not have told the press he didn't fire the VP when he did. Too many of the Bison backers refuse to admit "Cheatin' Joe" ( I am not supposed to call him "Whiskey Joe" despite the amount of money he spent on entertainment) was anything but the great white buffaloe who moved the school forward and got them to be the premier D1 atheltic program in the country and is a victim of jealousy and the Fargo Forum's propensity to criticize Joe. They really believe he is soley responsible for the increase in numbers and soley responsible for the increase in research dollars but somehow he can't be held responsible for their $11,000,000 budget shortfall, the $250,000 expense account scandal, or the fact they are having trouble making their payments on some of the new properties. One of their former QB's who has a construction company and did some work on the mansion hasn't gotten paid. Chapman could possibly face criminal charges for illegally moving funds within the Uniersity. That VP wasn't fired because they didn't follow some optional guidelines.

The end does not always justify the means and in this case Chapman has disgraced himself, his family and brought discredit to NDSU, the Fargo community, and the state of N. Dak. The Fargo community leaders who continue to cover for him are partly responsible. The Bison backers who follow this blog can fuss all they wish about where information comes from but everything I have said over the years about this clown is coming to fruition. There is nothing that is being learned in this audit that sheds any thing other than disgrace on this jerk. As Dick Hanson said, it is going to get worse and it is bad. It the Bison folks don't believe anyone else they might want to take to heart what one of their own loyal almni and forme star FB palyers, who has the facts and the inside information is saying.

The problem with the finances at NDSU are not limited the Mansion fiasco. NDSU has an approximate $11,000,000 shortfall and have used up most of their reserve funds. Chapman seems to have moved funds from other accounts and used them to help athletics and other pet projects.

Prior to the DI move, Kupchella had insinuated that NDSU was fudging it's budgets, including athletics.

Wonder if Taylor can survive what's coming up.

Hanson has done a good job except he should not have told the press he didn't fire the VP when he did. Too many of the Bison backers refuse to admit "Cheatin' Joe" ( I am not supposed to call him "Whiskey Joe" despite the amount of money he spent on entertainment) was anything but the great white buffaloe who moved the school forward and got them to be the premier D1 atheltic program in the country and is a victim of jealousy and the Fargo Forum's propensity to criticize Joe. They really believe he is soley responsible for the increase in numbers and soley responsible for the increase in research dollars but somehow he can't be held responsible for their $11,000,000 budget shortfall, the $250,000 expense account scandal, or the fact they are having trouble making their payments on some of the new properties. One of their former QB's who has a construction company and did some work on the mansion hasn't gotten paid. Chapman could possibly face criminal charges for illegally moving funds within the Uniersity. That VP wasn't fired because they didn't follow some optional guidelines.

The sad thing is Chapman could probably raise huge amounts of $'s from NDSU alumni for a defense fund.

As Dick Hanson said, it is going to get worse and it is bad. It the Bison folks don't believe anyone else they might want to take to heart what one of their own loyal almni and forme star FB palyers, who has the facts and the inside information is saying.
Hanson's probably more hated than any UND guy among certain Bison fans that needs some basic lessons in right and wrong.

I'm fine with Hanson now, my issues with him ended when he was removed the presidential candidate pool. I've always thought he had some good insight considering his background and the fact he is an NDSU grad. I wish he would have just focused on being the interim guy but he will definitely leave NDSU having done more good then bad.

As for Taylor, Hanson respects him a lot and I don't see that changing with the new president.

I'm fine with Hanson now, my issues with him ended when he was removed the presidential candidate pool. I've always thought he had some good insight considering his background and the fact he is an NDSU grad. I wish he would have just focused on being the interim guy but he will definitely leave NDSU having done more good then bad.

As for Taylor, Hanson respects him a lot and I don't see that changing with the new president.

I am less trusting of Bison fans' insights into what the NDSU president (interim or otherwise) thinks than I used to be.

• 2 weeks later...
The Office of the State Auditor reviewed building projects in the university system, including the president’s houses at North Dakota State University and the University of North Dakota.

The audit concludes that NDSU and UND have not complied with capital project requirements in state law and state Board of Higher Education policy.

Auditors said improvements need to be made to ensure proper approval when projects are significantly changed or when authorized amounts are exceeded.

Audit finds inadequate monitoring of North Dakota University System projects

Precious.

Yah, well I wouldn't start feeling so high and mighty.

Everyone knows (at least on some message boards) the only reason NDSU suffers in this audit report is because of the vast UND conspiracy out there to smear NDSU. The problem is that no matter where you look in this state -- law, government, medicine, education -- there seems to be some damned UND grad in charge of things, twisting the "truth" to make NDSU look bad. :D

Robert Peterson, North Dakota State Auditor

BS, University of North Dakota, 1974.

As I've said all along, it was an oversight issue.

That will be corrected. You can bet this type of thing won't happen for a long time at NDSU or UND, as all new projects will have very close eyes on them from the SBoHE.

They are saying the same thing over at Goldman Sachs. How's that working out?

Your "oversight" explanation is embarrassing giving the recent audit.

Certainly, but why did it have to come to this?

Upgraded oversight measures will be the effect.

We all know the cause.

The cause was lack of oversight, plain and simple.

When people don't have oversight, they make decisions that they feel are acceptable when they may in fact not be acceptable to the governing body. It's the SBoHE's fault for not keeping a watch on the project.

The cause was lack of oversight, plain and simple.

When people don't have oversight, they make decisions that they feel are acceptable when they may in fact not be acceptable to the governing body. It's the SBoHE's fault for not keeping a watch on the project.

Typical bison attitude, its always someone else's fault.