SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

And if the Attorney General doesn't give you the answer you want, then you'll vote him out for someone who will?

Cleopatra.

The more I look at the lyrics to "Cleopatra, Queen of Denial" (Pam Tillis) the more they fit how too many NDSU "Cleopatras" are viewing their "romance" with Chapman:

Well I said he had a lot of potential

He was only misunderstood

You know he didn't really mean to treat me so bad

He wanted to be good

And I swore one day I would tame him

Even though he loved to run hog wild

Just call me Cleopatra everybody, 'cause I'm the Queen of Denial

I knew he didn't have any money

Yeah that's why he couldn't buy me a ring

Oh and just because he bought himself a brand new pickup truck

Really didn't prove anything

And he never had to say he loved me

I could see it every time he smiled

Oh Queen of Denial, buyin' all his alibis

Queen of Denial, floatin' down a river of lies

Well I'm not gonna jump to conclusions

Or throw away this perfect romance

Even though I caught him dancin' last night

With a girl in a leopard skin pants

Yeah, he's probably stuck in traffic

And he'll be here in a litte while

Oh Queen of Denial, buyin' all his alibis

Queen of Denial, just floatin' down a river of lies

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm over Chapman, Sic.

I actually like Hanson.

The SBoHE has nothing to do with this situation and UND fans calling for their heads is just an attempt to ride the coattails of the Chapman mess into an excuse to get back at them for the nickname. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm over Chapman, Sic.

I actually like Hanson.

The SBoHE has nothing to do with this situation and UND fans calling for their heads is just an attempt to ride the coattails of the Chapman mess into an excuse to get back at them for the nickname. Nothing more, nothing less.

The SBoHE is responsible for oversight. They were negligent.

Like I said, it was an honest mistake that won't happen again. Live and learn.

Boy, it looks like a whole lot of "honest mistakes" are beginning to pile up around NDSU. Give Ol' Joe credit, he saw the light and got the hell out of town while the gettin' was good. I just don't understand spending $800,000+ on your office remodel when you are going to retire at the end of the year anyway.

Re-reading Adams' letter and attachments I'm left pondering:

1. Given the wonderful history of late between UND and NDSU administration, why would UND offer up what Adams claims Gallagher offered up?

Unless Adams and Gallagher are really good friends, why Gallagher would tell anything like that to his NDSU counterpart? Gallagher would have to know it would come out and haunt him. Would he really say something like that?

Something there doesn't make sense.

2. The last attachment of Adams' letter is a memo to Chapman dated November 18, 2008. That's a year before before this came to a head. And the data in there were NDSU's own work, and they were presenting "caution" and "concern" over the budget situation then.

What did Chapman do in the mean time to take care of the issues (before choosing to leave them to Hanson)?

3. We haven't heard of a draft audit report, much less a final report, being ready, and yet the state auditors are asking for Attorney General opinions.

Boy, it looks like a whole lot of "honest mistakes" are beginning to pile up around NDSU. Give Ol' Joe credit, he saw the light and got the hell out of town while the gettin' was good. I just don't understand spending $800,000+ on your office remodel when you are going to retire at the end of the year anyway.

As I previously mentioned in my last post in this thread, there is evidence (per what I was told) that these "honest mistakes" were actually a clear pattern of abuse on Joe's part.

Bison backers can spin this as much as they want, but Joe was a "crook". As I was told, "crook" not in a legal way, but in an ethical/integrity way.

I've been saying that since the Potts incident!

I hear ya...just was hoping the likes of MplsBison would maybe see it's not UND folks calling Joe a crook, but his "friends" and those way, way up the SU power ladder.

I guess the depth of Joe's sense of entitlement and abuse is staggering!

Re-reading Adams' letter and attachments I'm left pondering:

1. Given the wonderful history of late between UND and NDSU administration, why would UND offer up what Adams claims Gallagher offered up?

Unless Adams and Gallagher are really good friends, why Gallagher would tell anything like that to his NDSU counterpart? Gallagher would have to know it would come out and haunt him. Would he really say something like that?

Something there doesn't make sense.

2. The last attachment of Adams' letter is a memo to Chapman dated November 18, 2008. That's a year before before this came to a head. And the data in there were NDSU's own work, and they were presenting "caution" and "concern" over the budget situation then.

What did Chapman do in the mean time to take care of the issues (before choosing to leave them to Hanson)?

3. We haven't heard of a draft audit report, much less a final report, being ready, and yet the state auditors are asking for Attorney General opinions.

Joel H. just had Mr. Johnson on from UND to clarify what happened with their Presidents office remodel from a couple years ago. Basically put, UND

Keep huffing and puffing about the SBoHE, it's nothing more than you want their heads because of the nickname. That's my opinion and I won't budge.

This is a NDSU problem, not the state's problem.

I would like to hear your opinion on the fact that there are NDSU higher ups, not a supporting pundit like yourself, that are starting to see Joe for truly what his character is...self-serving, arrogant, unethical, ...just to state a few.

You can sit behind a computer screen and deny what you want, but when I have an SU higher up, and I mean big time player in NDSU's matters, tell me Joe was basically a crook and a train wreck as a president, what say you?

Blindly supporting someone (Joe) whose house of cards is REALLY going to start to crumble soon is either ignorance or arrogance on your part!

NDUS member institutions/campuses: http://www.ndus.edu/campuses/

"The eight-member State Board of Higher Education (SBoHE) is the policy-setting body for the North Dakota University System (NDUS)." : http://www.ndus.edu/sbhe/default.asp

An NDSU problem is an NDUS problem is a SBoHE problem.

Sorry, it's not the SBoHE's problem.

You will use any excuse to fire them to get revenge over the nickname. Be a man and admit that and I'll shut up.

When have I said "fire them!"

I want them to do their job and set (and enforce) policy for the system.

And it's their system to set policy over ... budgets, personnel, monikers, whatever.

Chapman, it appears, had significantly abused his position regarding following policy and spending money. In the end, it seems he was ruling by intimidation and threats. As to this not being a state issue....it sure as hell is.....who owns NDSU, other than the State of North Dakota. Some of the stuff I read from Mpls Bison is so stupid and off base it just leaves one scratching his head.

Hanson has had some damn difficult stuff to deal with. But, it seems like he manages to stick his foot in his mouth with the media on frequent occasions. He surely is not my choice for President, but, I sure have to acknowlege that he is in a difficult position dealing with tough issues. I would also bet that when the audit is complete we find more damning behavior uncovered on the part of Chapman. I like Joe. He was a great leader, but in the end, his behavior failed NDSU.

By the way.....You guys should just figure out that life is more pleasant with out Mpls. shooting his mouth off....I can't believe you haven't banned him yet. Listening to the crazies is entertaining for a while......but then just gets nauseating.... :huh:???

When have I said "fire them!"

I want them to do their job and set (and enforce) policy for the system.

And it's their system to set policy over ... budgets, personnel, monikers, whatever.

Sic...you need to give up on this one. Mpls is out to muddy the waters pure and simple. The nickname and NDSU are two different matters and he's trying to weave them together. All he does is create drama!!

Chapman, it appears, had significantly abused his position regarding following policy and spending money. In the end, it seems he was ruling by intimidation and threats. As to this not being a state issue....it sure as hell is.....who owns NDSU, other than the State of North Dakota. Some of the stuff I read from Mpls Bison is so stupid and off base it just leaves one scratching his head.

Hanson has had some damn difficult stuff to deal with. But, it seems like he manages to stick his foot in his mouth with the media on frequent occasions. He surely is not my choice for President, but, I sure have to acknowlege that he is in a difficult position dealing with tough issues. I would also bet that when the audit is complete we find more damning behavior uncovered on the part of Chapman. I like Joe. He was a great leader, but in the end, his behavior failed NDSU.

Gotto hand it to you, WYO, for stating these things. Probably doesn't make you popular in bisonland.

By the way.....You guys should just figure out that life is more pleasant with out Mpls. shooting his mouth off....I can't believe you haven't banned him yet. Listening to the crazies is entertaining for a while......but then just gets nauseating.... :huh:???

A clear summation of the problem. Your graduate degree must be from UND. :p