SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

I'm sure Adams (NDSU's top finance offical) had planned on resigning this summer also. :sad:

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/270902/

On a surely totally unrelated subject, I wonder how the audits after the house issues and such are going ...

I don't think the audits are totally unrelated. Is it common practice to replace some one who isn't set to retire for a few months 'immediately'? I don't think so. Somethings afoot, Watson!

Hanson has appointed Broc Lietz to take Adams

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask one question here: lets say that NDSU had been doing a lot of bad things in the past, unethical leadership, whatever....now that the new president is uncovering this issues and is being upfront about them with the public and being proactive about fixing those issues and the image of NDSU....are you guys really going to sit on here and still hate NDSU for what the past administration did?

IE, "ah HA! we knew all along there was a bunch of crap going on! I hate NDSU now more than ever!"

Really? :sad:

Is there no hope what-so-ever to forgive and forget and move on with a new partnership? Or has the damage been done and the bridge burnt to the ground? You'll never respect NDSU or want to partner with them no matter how open and ethical the new leadership?

Can I just ask one question here: lets say that NDSU had been doing a lot of bad things in the past, unethical leadership, whatever....now that the new president is uncovering this issues and is being upfront about them with the public and being proactive about fixing those issues and the image of NDSU....are you guys really going to sit on here and still hate NDSU for what the past administration did?

IE, "ah HA! we knew all along there was a bunch of crap going on! I hate NDSU now more than ever!"

Really? :sad:

Is there no hope what-so-ever to forgive and forget and move on with a new partnership? Or has the damage been done and the bridge burnt to the ground? You'll never respect NDSU or want to partner with them no matter how open and ethical the new leadership?

I'm sure if roles where reversed all would be forgotten by the bison faithful. The past administration of UND still takes all the blame for the games coming to an end so to answer your question, you bet I am going to hate on Chapman and his boys for the way they broke rules and spent state money. Thats only if they find something.

Until than maybe you should take your preaching to another board.

OK, Mpls, let's just say that!

Even though stopping the football game made sense for UND at the time, most here would probably agree that it was handled badly. How many Bison have gotten over that?

Here's a major difference though...we'll tell you it shouldn't have happened like it did. The Water Buffalo faithful will blame Chappy's death spiral on an anti-NDSU agenda from the legislature and/or SBoHE, and deny that any "unethical leadership" ever happened. Sound familiar?

As long as there's no games, any missteps by either side are going to be blood in the water for the other side. So let's just go back to UND beating NDSU like the old days and no one will pay attention to administration stuff.

PS - Are you saying that NDSU's president in place and taking care of things?

PPS - Water Buffaloes have spent the last year saying their higher enrollment somehow makes them better than UND. What's the line when UND surpasses them again? Either temporarily or permanently, it's going to happen at some point.

Sorry to see the resignation of Mr. Adams. I have been able to get to know him and his family a little bit over the past couple years. He seemed to be a good decent, straight forward individual.

But when you are working under the tyranny of Whiskey Joe, I would think even good people make or get pressured to make less than wise decisions.

I have NO inside knowledge of any of this SU mess, but I do feel for Mr. Adams and his family.

But with that "GO SIOUX!" :sad:

I posted the story at 10:45.

MplsBison posted at 1:40.

OK, so who had "under 3 hours" in the "How long until MplsBison puts up a sham, Rodney King 'Can't we all just get along?,' post" pool?

Whomever you are, Oxbox6 has your money. :sad:

Sorry to see the resignation of Mr. Adams. I have been able to get to know him and his family a little bit over the past couple years. He seemed to be a good decent, straight forward individual.

Sounds like he's not going quietly either. Reading his resignation letter of KFGO right now.

When that audit report comes out, you best have your popcorn ready.

Chapman's vision for NDSU was that of great growth, and he did achieve that. DI, increased research spending, encreased enrollment, etc.

He may have bent the rules to do it, though. I for one am glad that we're putting the breaks on and examing and learning from what has been done in order to make sure we grow the right way.

I know many Bison fans want his head on a stick but from what he has done for NDSU I say Hansen is the best choice for president. He is turning that school into an honest, less contraversal school unlike the mess that Chapman has gotten the school into. Plus helping a fellow state institution get into the same conference that takes a lot of balls. Good for you President Hansen.

I know many Bison fans want his head on a stick but from what he has done for NDSU I say Hansen is the best choice for president. He is turning that school into an honest, less contraversal school unlike the mess that Chapman has gotten the school into. Plus helping a fellow state institution get into the same conference that takes a lot of balls. Good for you President Hansen.

I think he is a decent guy but he is not qualified to run a large research university.

So Chapman insists on the Old Main remodeling project proceed without NDSBoHE approval and technically in violation of state law - and gave Adams a choice: either do it or be fired.

Will the Attorney General file charges against Chapman and/or Adams?

Sounds like a forced resignation, maybe in exchange for no charges? Chapman? That's another story. It will be intertesting to see if anyone has the cojones to make him accountable.

Now yes, the letter was written by the man to put himself in the best possible light, but I also almost feel sorry for Adams. He was basically told he had to "proceed or risk losing (his) job".

Heck of a nice guy that Chapman putting another person in that position.

What I find more interesting are the attachments. Adams knew the books weren't good. He details accounts and amounts of concern pretty well. In his Nov 18 memo he says, "Without both of these there are serious concerns about meeting budget in the new biennium." (Both means both a 4% tuition increase and 400 more students in fall 2009.)

Chapman knew that and when it got tough he resigned and moved to Colorado.

If that's in a letter of resignation, what'll the audit report have in it?

But when you are working under the tyranny of Whiskey Joe, I would think even good people make or get pressured to make less than wise decisions.

I have NO inside knowledge of any of this SU mess, but I do feel for Mr. Adams and his family.

Well, now I do have some inside knowledge. Just got back from getting some coffee. Ran into my NDSU acquaintance, who is well connected. When I say well connected, you have no idea, but for the sake of Bison trolls around here, I will not reveal any more info about him.

Our discussion this AM started about Mr. Adams, who I know a little and, I'll call my SU source, Mr. X, :sad: , who said he considers Whiskey Joe "a dear friend".

Mr. X said Joe was "very clever", "intimidating", "felt a sense of entitlement", "was arrogant"...just to quote a few things.

Mr. X said he confronted Joe about his inappropriate actions that have been discussed in this thread, and Mr. X said he has access to all the financial info, and said Joe's blatant abuse of power and his blatant circumventing of the "system" was beyond what even he imagined.

"Joe screwed up really bad and I told him "You have to go"." quote per Mr. X.

Mr. X stated on this surface it wasn't one specific thing, but there was a "pattern" in the arrogance of Joe that caused him to bully people to make bad decisions for him

Mr. X said he doesn't know Mr. Adams personally, but doesn't doubt anything Mr. Adams is saying is not accurate.

"I still consider Joe a friend, but I also saw in the end his true arrogance." "Joe never admitted he did ANYTHING wrong and because of that I just couldn't support him any longer."

Interesting...

Chapman's vision for NDSU was that of great growth, and he did achieve that. DI, increased research spending, encreased enrollment, etc.

He may have bent the rules to do it, though. I for one am glad that we're putting the breaks on and examing and learning from what has been done in order to make sure we grow the right way.

It appears the increased enrollment was to bankroll a $450,000 office and a $2,000,000 house.