SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

Now yes, the letter was written by the man to put himself in the best possible light, but I also almost feel sorry for Adams. He was basically told he had to "proceed or risk losing (his) job".

Heck of a nice guy that Chapman putting another person in that position.

What I find more interesting are the attachments. Adams knew the books weren't good. He details accounts and amounts of concern pretty well. In his Nov 18 memo he says, "Without both of these there are serious concerns about meeting budget in the new biennium." (Both means both a 4% tuition increase and 400 more students in fall 2009.)

Chapman knew that and when it got tough he resigned and moved to Colorado.

If that's in a letter of resignation, what'll the audit report have in it?

The requirement to keep increasing the enrollment makes a guy wonder how much the academic standards were lowered to ensure the required influx. Was the fogged mirror test used?

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The requirement to keep increasing the enrollment makes a guy wonder how much the academic standards were lowered to ensure the required influx. Was the fogged mirror test used?

I'm concerned about recruiting Minnesota kids. Due to reciprocity we had to subsidize them (I understand it was much more expensive for ND than MN). But what did chappy care? He got to ride the Enron express for another year.

I'd like a mission statement from the state university system that ND higher education is concerned about getting a good education for ND kids, period.

Chapman really had everyone, and I mean everyone, really buffaloed in Fargo. I think then intended to build a statue for this guy. It sounds like they better stop construction. He probably will never show his face in Fargo ever again. Apparently he has not been available for comment either. He might end up going down as one of the worst Presidents ever.

Reading Adams resignation letter and Oxbow's narrative about Mr. X, I felt really bad for SU for a few seconds. Then common sense kicked in! Sounds like there was more than one person who knew the coffers were getting emptied by Sneaky Pete Joe. Why didn't anyone expose the thief? Whistle blowers do not get fired and if they do, they usually end up with a really nice 'retirement' package.

Chapman really had everyone, and I mean everyone, really buffaloed in Fargo. I think then intended to build a statue for this guy. It sounds like they better stop construction. He probably will never show his face in Fargo ever again. Apparently he has not been available for comment either. He might end up going down as one of the worst Presidents ever.

North Dakotan's generally are so trusting and so naive about manipulative-type people that their social radar doesn't even pick up those traits.

I've received a lot of heat from bison fans for "hating" Chapman and by inference NDSU over the years, but Chapman's deeper character was always evident. Guess I've been around too many Philly and New Jersey types that have incredible street smarts. Chapman was gifted in many ways, but he used his gifts to deceive and manipulate. Would love to hear a public mea culpa from John Q Paulsen, who did much of Chapman's dirty poliitcal work and gave Chapman the confidence that SBoHE mandates and state law need not apply. The fallout from Chapman's scandals could politically affect NDSU for years, as almost all of NDSU's poliitcal allies have been tainted by association.

Chapman the emporer never did have any clothes: maybe bisonville will finally see that true reality.

North Dakotan's generally are so trusting and so naive about manipulative-type people that their social radar doesn't even pick up those traits.

I've received a lot of heat from bison fans for "hating" Chapman and by inference NDSU over the years, but Chapman's deeper character was always evident. Guess I've been around too many Philly and New Jersey types that have incredible street smarts. Chapman was gifted in many ways, but he used his gifts to deceive and manipulate. Would love to hear a public mea culpa from John Q Paulsen, who did much of Chapman's dirty poliitcal work and gave Chapman the confidence that SBoHE mandates and state law need not apply. The fallout from Chapman's scandals could politically affect NDSU for years, as almost all of NDSU's poliitcal allies have been tainted by association.

Chapman the emporer never did have any clothes: maybe bisonville will finally see that true reality.

Add a public apology to Robert Potts.

The SBoHE has nothing to do with this, you just want to use this as an excuse to fire them because you're bitter about the nickname being retired.

The SBoHE has everything to do with it. Remember the showdown 4-5 years ago? They had the opportunity and reason to reign in Chapman. Whiskey Joe got immunity in perpetuity and Robert Potts got "Chappied".

Audit manager Gordy Smith said the Legislature approved a project that would be funded with donations, but NDSU is making payments to the foundation for some of the debt on the project.

The $23.5 million project was funded with more than $12 million in donations, $968,000 from NDSU

The $23.5 million project ...

Wait a minute ... Barry Hall was supposed to be a $20 million project.

That they went $3 million over came out during the whole NDSU president's house debacle.

But it seems they really went $3 and a half million over now.

Wait a minute ... Barry Hall was supposed to be a $20 million project.

That they went $3 million over came out during the whole NDSU president's house debacle.

But it seems they really went $3 and a half million over now.

Yeah, but it's downtown which is somehow cool or something.