SiouxSports.com Forum

2009-2010 Sioux Hockey predictions

Stack

With the official schedule out now there are some changes from above:

Oct 4: Manitoba (I still say a win)

Nov: 27 is now Ohio State (I say a win)

Nov 28 is Miami or Bemidji State (I say a loss to Miami)

Jan 2: is Niagara (I say a win)

Jan 3 is Notre Dame or Colgate) I say a win over Notre Dame

The CC games in February are now on Tuesday and Wednesday Feb 23-24. I still say a win and a tie.

So same record just different dates and we now know who we play.

Where did you see Feb 23-24 for CC ?

The schedule shows them on Feb 26-27 - http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSelect.d...p;Q_SEASON=2009

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see a true checking line in the mold of the classic Henderson-Calder-Ulmer line. They could score and they absolutely shut down the oppositions top line.

I'd go with Malone-Zajac-Lammy to fill those spots. They have the talent and the right attitude to get it done.

I'd love to see a true checking line in the mold of the classic Henderson-Calder-Ulmer line. They could score and they absolutely shut down the oppositions top line.

I'd go with Malone-Zajac-Lammy to fill those spots. They have the talent and the right attitude to get it done.

I would not want to make that line mad! That would not be good with any of those players! :)

and they could contribute on the scoreboard as well. like ive said before this team will be very balanced scoring wise with all lines. malone could be the guy to break out thbis season with how he finished last year as well

and they could contribute on the scoreboard as well. like ive said before this team will be very balanced scoring wise with all lines. malone could be the guy to break out thbis season with how he finished last year as well

Which would make this team very dangerous because the opposition doesn't know which line to check. More of the same this season.

Other teams have one or two meat and potatoes lines and they are easier to shut down.

You have to set things up for the new guys to have some success and have the team grow and gel together.

Without a doubt VV, Malone and Frattin played well together. I think that both VV and Malone are quality natural centers, which dilutes the depth of the team a little putting the two of them on the same line.

I don't think you double up WCHA tested centermen early on. I also don't think that you put two freshmen on the same line unless you absolutely have to. At least early on.

I'd put creative guys together if at all possible, although I do agree with the foundation of a true playmaker, a true scorer, and a guy who can muck it up in the corners as the prototype forward line.

You also have to put speed together if you can. From all I've heard, Kristo can fly, and Frattin is a gifted skater, so I would be very interested in seeing them together. That would be a lot of speed coming through the neutral zone with the ability to generate a lot of odd man scoring opportunities.

I maintain that Hextall can do it all. I think he has NHL utility player written all over him, which means any job in the WCHA...I also wouldn't be surprised to see an A on his jersey.

Anyway you slice it, we have a nice roster with a lot of potential and a lot of sweat will determine ice time, as will line chemistry.

You have to set things up for the new guys to have some success and have the team grow and gel together.

Without a doubt VV, Malone and Frattin played well together. I think that both VV and Malone are quality natural centers, which dilutes the depth of the team a little putting the two of them on the same line.

I don't think you double up WCHA tested centermen early on. I also don't think that you put two freshmen on the same line unless you absolutely have to. At least early on.

I'd put creative guys together if at all possible, although I do agree with the foundation of a true playmaker, a true scorer, and a guy who can muck it up in the corners as the prototype forward line.

You also have to put speed together if you can. From all I've heard, Kristo can fly, and Frattin is a gifted skater, so I would be very interested in seeing them together. That would be a lot of speed coming through the neutral zone with the ability to generate a lot of odd man scoring opportunities.

I maintain that Hextall can do it all. I think he has NHL utility player written all over him, which means any job in the WCHA...I also wouldn't be surprised to see an A on his jersey.

Anyway you slice it, we have a nice roster with a lot of potential and a lot of sweat will determine ice time, as will line chemistry.

Hextall will wear a letter... just not this season. It's very rare for a sophomore to wear a letter, though it isn't unprecedented.

Line 1: Gregoire Vandevelde Frattin. Gregoire(playmaker) Vande(digger) Fratts(scorer). Plus this would serve as a leader line with all the veterans.

Line 2: Forney, Cichy Hextal. If Forney comes back and can put the puck in the net like he did in Green Bay I'd say put him with someone who can create(Cichy) and someone to take care of all the physical play (Hextal). With Hextal on that line, Forney will never have to touch a corner

Line 3: Trupp Toews Kristo. Speed kills

Checking line: Mario Malone Zajac. This line will put the puck in the net, but they will also be scary to play against

I wonder if Toews will switch to # 10 this year since Kozek is gone, and that is the number he wore at Shattuck. You know how superstitious hockey players are, and then Forney could have his old number back if he wanted it, although I'm not sure he would want it for superstitious reasons too. Also, #16 is available for Kristo, and #8 for Cichy. Not sure on the other incoming freshmen.

I wonder if Toews will switch to # 10 this year since Kozek is gone, and that is the number he wore at Shattuck. You know how superstitious hockey players are, and then Forney could have his old number back if he wanted it, although I'm not sure he would want it for superstitious reasons too. Also, #16 is available for Kristo, and #8 for Cichy. Not sure on the other incoming freshmen.

I wouldn't expect any changes, unless Eids grabs numero uno.

I predict I'm going to ask until we find answers to ...

Do we have an official "Yup" or "Nope" from Forney yet?

It seems Dayn Belfour has been seen at a USHL camp. Interesting. Do we have a name of a third goalie yet?

It seems Dayn Belfour has been seen at a USHL camp. Interesting. Do we have a name of a third goalie yet?

I was wondering how long this is going to string a long this summer?

Forney needs to hold a press conference and have the hats of the two schools he's considering. Then he can put the hat on of the school he chooses just like that retarde... I mean awesome thing ESPN has high school football players do.

Maybe UND is waiting to see how Dayn does in the USHL camp?

I don't know. Something tells me our third stringer is going to be someone we've never heard of.

I was wondering the exact same things. I know that Hak will keep us guessing until the very end with the third goaltender. I'm guessing a couple of days before the fall semester starts they'll make an announcement.

Does anyone want to make a bet on the 3rd goaltender being Canadian? Ooops...this is a prediction thread. I predict the third goaltender will be Canadian. :)

It would be great to see Forney back with the Sioux. Either way you just hope the kid can stay healthy.

I was wondering the exact same things. I know that Hak will keep us guessing until the very end with the third goaltender. I'm guessing a couple of days before the fall semester starts they'll make an announcement.

Does anyone want to make a bet on the 3rd goaltender being Canadian? Ooops...this is a prediction thread. I predict the third goaltender will be Canadian. :)

It would be great to see Forney back with the Sioux. Either way you just hope the kid can stay healthy.

I predict the third goaltender will be..... Joe manoffthestreet. Open tryouts and the best gets the nod.

Then, since inevitably it will be someone from Grand Forks, Grafton, or Fargo, the call will be for that guy to get a shot.

Forney needs to hold a press conference and have the hats of the two schools he's considering. Then he can put the hat on of the school he chooses just like that retarde... I mean awesome thing ESPN has high school football players do.

Maybe UND is waiting to see how Dayn does in the USHL camp?

I don't know. Something tells me our third stringer is going to be someone we've never heard of.

Me thinks we could drink beer all night poundering who this person will be and all of us will still be wrong, However it is still fun. :)

Not trying to stir up a nickname debate, but what are people's predictions, will we have "Sioux" on our uniforms this season or not?

I say yes, for one more season.

of course they will this year and that should be it