SiouxSports.com Forum

2009-2010 Sioux Hockey predictions

Stack

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so too, but someone asked me about the Oct 1st deadline, and if that meant after that date, absolutely no nickname or logo will be used. Game 1 is Oct 4th. Got me thinking.

i believe thats for 2010

I thought so too, but someone asked me about the Oct 1st deadline, and if that meant after that date, absolutely no nickname or logo will be used. Game 1 is Oct 4th. Got me thinking.

I am pretty sure that the Oct 1st deadline is to make a decision. That decision will probably be implemented effective at the end of the school year, or July 1, 2010. I don't think that they would make a change during the school year.

I am pretty sure that the Oct 1st deadline is to make a decision. That decision will probably be implemented effective at the end of the school year, or July 1, 2010. I don't think that they would make a change during the school year.

I think you're right but anything is possible with this university.

Any news on the nickname front? I wonder if we get to be the first game in BSU new arena.

I was told that BSU wants UND to be their first game in the BREC because they have helped them out so much. Hopefully the scheduling allows that

This was over on Belligerentville.com

I was up in Grand Forks yesterday to run a Jr. qualifier and ran into an old frien who is on the transition committee. He said it's over. Just can't get away from the opponents slurs. He also said that their students were the worst. Said that once at N. Alabama, a cowboy roped an indian and scalaped him. Guess the NA's don't go for that. Said they will go without a logo for about a year and then move on.

And another one that claims he knows someone in the know.

Same blog being discussed on the other board. I see absolutely nothing new in the blog.

What the blogger left out is that the nickname is dead. It's not an open question. I've talked to some pretty dialed in people in Grand Forks. The Administration wants it gone. The SBoHE set a deadline of Oct. 1 and RHHIT is in office until then at a minimum. Except for the Hockey people, every other sport understands the importance of a conference.

"Except for the hockey people"...........if you look at the number of topics and replies on this site for hockey compared to the other sports, this appears to be a significant number.

There are others?

• 3 weeks later...

We have a new defenseman: Ryan Hill.

We have a goalie for 2012: Zane Gothberg from TRF

But these remain:

I predict I'm going to ask until we find answers to ...

Do we have an official "Yup" or "Nope" from Forney yet?

It seems Dayn Belfour has been seen at a USHL camp. Interesting. Do we have a name of a third goalie yet?

And I had to re-ask to make my prediction accurate. ???

We have a new defenseman: Ryan Hill.

We have a goalie for 2012: Zane Gothberg from TRF

But these remain:

And I had to re-ask to make my prediction accurate. ???

they are waiting on forney. we will know right away when he makes his decision. important decision for him all around. hope he does come back with the year he had in USHL

they are waiting on forney. we will know right away when he makes his decision. important decision for him all around. hope he does come back with the year he had in USHL

SO! If Forney doesn't come back then who is next in line to show up at UND?