SiouxSports.com Forum

2009-2010 Sioux Hockey predictions

Stack

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that there will be a donnybrook on the weekend of October 16th-17th, also on the weekend of January 15th and 16th Minnesota. I also predict that there will be all this ranting and raving about how the Sioux are a bunch of goons no matter who starts it.

Ooops fixed my post. :D

My prediction for the 2009-2010 season:

More predictions about the season will be wrong than will be right.

I predict that my prediction (listed below) has a high probability of proving correct:

I predict the Sioux will:

1. Have more than 2 wins in BOTH conference and non-conference games

2. Finish anywhere from 1st to 9th in the WCHA final season standings.

3. They will make, at least, the first round of the WCHA playoffs

4. skate a compliment of 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and a goaltender each game of the season

Sink THAT prediction, I dare you!

I predict that the Sioux will start slow, and get better after Christmas......like every other year under Hakstol.

I also predict that even with the knowledge that the team starts slow there will be those supposed Sioux fans that jump ship and start getting all up in a tizzy because the team isn't performing like they will in late February. :D

And I predict there will be those who will be with the team come hell or high water during the season. :D

I predict that the Sioux will start slow, and get better after Christmas......like every other year under Hakstol.

I also predict that even with the knowledge that the team starts slow there will be those supposed Sioux fans that jump ship and start getting all up in a tizzy because the team isn't performing like they will in late February. :)

And I predict there will be those who will be with the team come hell or high water during the season. :D

I predict the first rumblings of "Fire Hakstol" will occur no later than week 4 of the season. I'm not talking about a thread, per se, but the first time Hakstol's future is drawn into question in any thread will be no later than week 4 of the season. :D

I predict the first rumblings of "Fire Hakstol" will occur no later than week 4 of the season. I'm not talking about a thread, per se, but the first time Hakstol's future is drawn into question in any thread will be no later than week 4 of the season. :D

It's not going to take that long to have the Fire Hak thread. :D

I predict that my prediction (listed below) has a high probability of proving correct:

I predict the Sioux will:

1. Have more than 2 wins in BOTH conference and non-conference games

2. Finish anywhere from 1st to 9th in the WCHA final season standings.

3. They will make, at least, the first round of the WCHA playoffs

4. skate a compliment of 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and a goaltender each game of the season

Sink THAT prediction, I dare you!

Two injuries to defensemen and there'll be a Mark 50, Mod 1, wire-guided "gift" seeking the screws of that boat.

what about lines, captains?

I'll throw in my two cents for lines since the captain talk is about done:

VandeVelde centering Trupp and Frattin

Malone centering Gregoire and Hextall

Toews centering Kristo and Cichy

Zajac centering Lamoureux and Rowney

Bench: Davidson, Bruneteau, and ?

If Forney comes in and plays like he did in Green Bay he will be a regular. I also think that Toews will show why he was drafted in the 3rd round. He should be healthy and I think he'll be a nice surprise and if he does that his line could be really fun to watch.

Genoway and Blood

Marto and LaPoint

MacWilliam and Gleason

Bench: Fienhage. I think they'll give Blood a chance with Genoway but if MacWilliam is as good as they say he may end up playing with Genoway. I wanted to split up LaPoint and Marto and have them pair up with a freshman but decided to keep them together. Fienhage may be ready to take a regular shift but I don't know so I put him on the bench for now.

I'm glad Dell is coming so that we'll have a goalie battle again and Eidsness will get some relief during the season. I expect Eidsness to stay number 1 but Dell will play in about 8-10 games.

You are ever the optimist, Sicatoka.

We've lost a defenseman for the year with about two months left in the season each of the last two.

And we continually hear about the "play through it" injuries after the seasons.

A wise man once told me:

Plan for the worst; if better happens you're ahead.

I'll throw in my two cents for lines since the captain talk is about done:

VandeVelde centering Trupp and Frattin

Malone centering Gregoire and Hextall

Toews centering Kristo and Cichy

Zajac centering Lamoureux and Rowney

Bench: Davidson, Bruneteau, and ?

If Forney comes in and plays like he did in Green Bay he will be a regular. I also think that Toews will show why he was drafted in the 3rd round. He should be healthy and I think he'll be a nice surprise and if he does that his line could be really fun to watch.

Genoway and Blood

Marto and LaPoint

MacWilliam and Gleason

Bench: Fienhage. I think they'll give Blood a chance with Genoway but if MacWilliam is as good as they say he may end up playing with Genoway. I wanted to split up LaPoint and Marto and have them pair up with a freshman but decided to keep them together. Fienhage may be ready to take a regular shift but I don't know so I put him on the bench for now.

I'm glad Dell is coming so that we'll have a goalie battle again and Eidsness will get some relief during the season. I expect Eidsness to stay number 1 but Dell will play in about 8-10 games.

I'd change a few things.

VV centering Trupp and Hextall

Toews centering Gregoire and Frattin

Malone centering Lamoreaux and Cichy

Zajac centering Kristo and Bruneteau/Forney

Bench: Rowney, Davidson, and?

I'd rather have Malone, Zajac, and Lammy on the same line as they'd make an EXCELLENT checking line, but that would leave us short one center, I think. Also, I mean no disrespect with putting Kristo on the fourth line. I think the Sioux do better with 4 lines rolling rather than a short bench.

Though there isn't a lot of Oshie-like players on this team, I LOVE the balance this roster has.

Defensive pairings: I agree with you with the exception of the last pairing.

I know Hakstol likes to go O-Dman with D-Dman, but I think this year will be a change.

I think there will be a platoon between MacWilliam and Gleason. I think Fienhage will be a regular player.

I'm usually wrong with predictions of this sorts, but Fienhage had the coaches praising him the second half of last season. I find it hard to believe that he'd start on the bench. Gleason may very well get regular time, but the freshmen would be the ones to platoon. I don't see Fienhage sitting too much.

C - genoway

A - vande velde

A - zajac (not sure on these last 2 A's)

A - malone

also with roster almost set waiting on forney if he doesnt come in then 2 players scratched i see bruneteau and davidson depending on injuries of course and other factors and gleason at D. fienhage is gona turn some heads this year with his play every night. just a early prediction. i love the duo of cichy and kristo coming in!! cant wait.

FINALLY! someone who shares my opinion! :lol:

I keep wondering who of the returning players is going to have a breakout year? Who is going to dramatically improve over their last year's performance? Surely there are a number of players who have that potential.

I keep wondering who of the returning players is going to have a breakout year? Who is going to dramatically improve over their last year's performance? Surely there are a number of players who have that potential.

frattin was solid last year but i look for him to put up big numbers this season!

for a breakout player that we really could use i would say trupp, we have to have his skills scoring and contributing nightly! injuries have bugged him but hes dam talented. hope we see it break out!

ill say sophmore that turns heads is david toews coming in healthy this year along with the duo of blood and finhage

frattin was solid last year but i look for him to put up big numbers this season!

for a breakout player that we really could use i would say trupp, we have to have his skills scoring and contributing nightly! injuries have bugged him but hes dam talented. hope we see it break out!

ill say sophmore that turns heads is david toews coming in healthy this year along with the duo of blood and finhage

I can't say Trupp as he doesn't seem to stay healthy long enough to have a breakout year. I'll go with Frattin having a big year.

I definitely want to see if the magic that Frattin, VanDevelde and Malone had in the New Hampshire game was just a flash in the pan, or if it can be sustained. I'm sure they will have a chance to show that in the beginning of fall camp. Also would like to see Toews have a shot taking Duncan's place on the Gregoire and Hextall line. After that, Kristo, Cichy and Trupp might be one of the fastest lines in college hockey.