SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Sorry about being an armchair quarterback, but MplsBison is basically running roughshod on the place and your stepping in here??

Yeah, the mods and I have been chatting about the negative response to a lot of his recent posts... my answer for now is that I didn't react immediately there because I was away over the weekend, but you saw action here immediately because the proper response here was more obvious.

Are those channels always on, because they don't show in the all channels online guide?

I checked those 2 channels (617 & 623) and they just have the Directv logo and music in the background. So they are still up

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I checked those 2 channels (617 & 623) and they just have the Directv logo and music in the background. So they are still up

So you still have DirecTV, Dish Network and Shaw (+FTA....) ? Man your COVERED, any chance of a fibre link to your place :ohmy:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you still have DirecTV, Dish Network and Shaw (+FTA....) ? Man your COVERED, any chance of a fibre link to your place :ohmy:

I havent had Dish for 2 years...canceled them after too many issues

Got D* in February for the MLB Network (which rocks) and the NASCAR in car stuff and the Twins in HD

Still have Shaw too for hockey night in Canada and the CFL

and the free to air :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, the mods and I have been chatting about the negative response to a lot of his recent posts... my answer for now is that I didn't react immediately there because I was away over the weekend, but you saw action here immediately because the proper response here was more obvious.

If you do nothing about Mpls, it's a shame, and you'd be just as blind of a leader as those in NY whom are allowing that Muslim mosque to be built.

I bored so I thought I would throw in my two cents here.

First, any interested parties should notice Jim's post where it says "negative RESPONSE to a lot of his posts"

This suggests that the issue is not MPLSBISON, instead those who have reacted negatively to his posts need to clean it up a bit. I agree with this.

I will defend MPLSBISON even though I know he is an instigator and he argues against reason and civility. (anyone on here who has read my posts regarding the name change knows I am radically opposed to any kind of concessions regarding having our name stolen from us)

Having said that, MPLSBISON is like a machine, he is relentless at arguments but does not cross the line. ie, there is no basis to boot him.

On another note I don't think Icebergs post should have warranted a mod warning. He was making a point of clarity and a contention that a poster exaggerated the facts. That should always be welcome I think.

Having said this, I think Sprig and PSB are absolutely AWESOME members of this forum.

One of the best days of my life was when I watched my first game on FTA after I purchased a system from PSB. And I will not forget the time that PSB hung on the phone with me for over a half hour to help me tune to a Wisconsin feed on a different satellite!

If the world was full of guys like Sprig and PSB we would be in a pretty good place, especially if we have guys like Iceberg keeping an eye on them. lol

First, any interested parties should notice Jim's post where it says "negative RESPONSE to a lot of his posts"

This suggests that the issue is not MPLSBISON, instead those who have reacted negatively to his posts need to clean it up a bit. I agree with this.

I will defend MPLSBISON even though I know he is an instigator and he argues against reason and civility. (anyone on here who has read my posts regarding the name change knows I am radically opposed to any kind of concessions regarding having our name stolen from us)

Having said that, MPLSBISON is like a machine, he is relentless at arguments but does not cross the line. ie, there is no basis to boot him.

On another note I don't think Icebergs post should have warranted a mod warning. He was making a point of clarity and a contention that a poster exaggerated the facts. That should always be welcome I think.

I hate letting a discussion of forum moderation take over an otherwise useful thread, so I'll just say two things about this... 1) no one received a "warning" for anything in this thread, rather I just thought it an appropriate time to drop a friendly reminder to the thread to keep it civil and non-personal, 2) a discussion of moderation policies is always more than welcome in the admin forum.

I hate letting a discussion of forum moderation take over an otherwise useful thread, so I'll just say two things about this... 1) no one received a "warning" for anything in this thread, rather I just thought it an appropriate time to drop a friendly reminder to the thread to keep it civil and non-personal, 2) a discussion of moderation policies is always more than welcome in the admin forum.

I agree "warning" was not a good discription of your post. My appologies..

To quote a pirate, your post was 'more of a quideline'.

She is only on this board to try agitate; that is a great reason to boot her... :ohmy:

• 1 month later...

Below was copied from theralph site a month ago before they started changing the site, and eliminated the "Follow the Sioux" link. Hope they add that again eventually.

Satellite Info

Galaxy 17 Digital – 91.0° W

K17 - 9 MHz

Ku Band - Downlink Frequency: 12053V

L Band - Downlink Frequency: 1303 V

Symbol Rate 4.88

FEC 3/4

PMT 480

Video 481

Audio 484 (Primary L&R)

Just in case you want this year's FSSN schedule, it's at http://www.ndtc.tv/fssn.htm (also gone from theralph site)

Just got mine set a month ago...and I'm pumped to watch my first Sioux game on it!

Just got my FTA from PSB set, locked and loaded waiting for my first Sioux game. Does anybody have a sticker or anything like that for my dish?? He got me so interested I think I might order a motor for my dish. Thanks again PSB from a Sioux fan in exile in South Dakota!

Just got my FTA from PSB set, locked and loaded waiting for my first Sioux game. Does anybody have a sticker or anything like that for my dish?? He got me so interested I think I might order a motor for my dish. Thanks again PSB from a Sioux fan in exile in South Dakota!

You are WELCOME Jake, it was a pleasure working with you!

GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1