SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I had to add the sports pack to get FCS on DirecTV.

Special deal on Directv, Just added Sports Pak for a whole $5.00 off for 3 months.

Spent 20 minutes on the phone trying to get a better deal.

Not available on the net. Have to talk to someone.

Directv is getting outrageously expensive, have to figure out something else.

I don't know much about direct tv, and all that, but I feel bad for my parents. As they have only direct tv and the basic of basic cable through midco (channels 2-23 or something like that) Now that they moved the games up to channel 27 they get hosed in watching all of the home games. Yeah you could say they are cheap and why not buy the next package up, but that is a whole other story... Are there any options that I am unaware of? I know when Fox college sports carry the game they should be able to see it but other than that I have no idea. If I'm missing something please let me know, otherwise never mind this message :) Thanks!

I don't know much about direct tv, and all that, but I feel bad for my parents. As they have only direct tv and the basic of basic cable through midco (channels 2-23 or something like that) Now that they moved the games up to channel 27 they get hosed in watching all of the home games. Yeah you could say they are cheap and why not buy the next package up, but that is a whole other story... Are there any options that I am unaware of? I know when Fox college sports carry the game they should be able to see it but other than that I have no idea. If I'm missing something please let me know, otherwise never mind this message :) Thanks!

Fox College Sports is broadcasting pretty much all of the UND home games that FSSN is producing. If they have access to Fox College Sports on DirecTV the only games your parents would be missing would be special additions like this weekend's games in Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure where to stick this but.....

my buddy who lives right outside of grand forks has an FTA Dish and Receiver that he is selling. he paid 300.45 for it shipped and he will sell it for 250.00 and you can go pick it up from his place. everything is in original packing and unopened. he had dish network and that sucked so he ordered this but before it came he switched to direct tv so thats why he is selling. again brand new and if you are ineterested please call him at the number below.thanks

Jason

701-741-3397

not sure where to stick this but.....

my buddy who lives right outside of grand forks has an FTA Dish and Receiver that he is selling. he paid 300.45 for it shipped and he will sell it for 250.00 and you can go pick it up from his place. everything is in original packing and unopened. he had dish network and that sucked so he ordered this but before it came he switched to direct tv so thats why he is selling. again brand new and if you are ineterested please call him at the number below.thanks

Jason

701-741-3397

Alas the system may not have Blind scan or USALS being a bit older.

A brand new EASY SIGNAL FINDER system is just $230 SHIPPED! (It also has Blind scan and USALS)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alas the system may not have Blind scan or USALS being a bit older.

A brand new EASY SIGNAL FINDER system is just $230 SHIPPED! (It also has Blind scan and USALS)

yeah i just posted what he wanted me to post as he doent have a account here. if anyone is interested in it then just call him and im sure he will work out a deal with you. thanks for the info psb

yeah i just posted what he wanted me to post as he doent have a account here. if anyone is interested in it then just call him and im sure he will work out a deal with you. thanks for the info psb

It would be an ideal system for someone local in GF. Plenty of time then to get it up and working before the next home game : )

Maybe the uplinker at the Ralph should buy it to monitor the broadcast signal quality, instead of setting up then heading for the bar (joke) ; )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I couldn't get it, either...NW metro area. Would rather watch on FTA due to superior picture, but I guess I'll settle for DirecTV...

I had to watch on FCS (lucky we now get it in southcentral Kansas. The signal quality on this transponder has been horrid here. I know it is not my system as I can get other sats pretty easy. I doubt they will do anything about it. I guess I need to get a little larger dis (have a 29" now), or build one of those foil cones!! I would love to watch on the sat as I also think i tis a better pciture than the FCS feed.

• Upvote 1

so the wind this last week bumped my satellite out of whack. i bumped it and found some cctv channels (93w i think) so i moved it a few notches to the east but am not sure if im on 91w.....currently getting a canadian football game on teleantenna sd and the n illinois w mich game on tx-1. can anyone with an fta system set up tell me if im on 91?

Greetings, I could use some help. As recently as last month everything was fine...but now not so much! I have a coolsat 7100 receiver and when I look at setup it asks for this information:

Satellite: 91w galaxy 11

Frequency: ???

Lnb frequency: ???

And to add a channel it asks me his:

Frequency: (this is where I put posted frequency)

Symbol rate: I put in 4880

polarity: vertical

Video pid: ???

Audio pid: ???

OCR pid: ???

As I said this has worked great up to last night and now I need help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

info bolded is what you put in

Greetings, I could use some help. As recently as last month everything was fine...but now not so much! I have a coolsat 7100 receiver and when I look at setup it asks for this information:

Satellite: 91w galaxy 11

Frequency: 12065

Lnb frequency: 10750 but it depends on what kind of LNB you have

And to add a channel it asks me his:

Frequency: (this is where I put posted frequency)12065

Symbol rate: I put in 4880

polarity: vertical

Video pid: ???leave blank...see below

Audio pid: ???leave blank...see below

OCR pid: ???leave blank...see below

As I said this has worked great up to last night and now I need help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

once you get the transponder logged in (12065 V 4880) so a manual scan or channel scan. It will bring in the channel

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

it was weird tonight. Game locked at 67 on Coolsat...bumped west and 73 but the Wild feed that was on there too went in the crapper. MOst other feeds worked fine

I ended up using the 6 footer again :) 80 on the GeosatPro and 77 on Coolsat (92 is max on Coolsat)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it was weird tonight. Game locked at 67 on Coolsat...bumped west and 73 but the Wild feed that was on there too went in the crapper. MOst other feeds worked fine

I ended up using the 6 footer again :) 80 on the GeosatPro and 77 on Coolsat (92 is max on Coolsat)

I have noticed the same phenomenon since the beginning of the season, with the Sioux signal slightly to one side of the regular 91

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1