SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I wonder if the Wild game was due to an adjacent sat channel (G3 has a 11990 H TP too) so that is probably why

you mean football ;) Which feed was it? I know KARE 11 was there but they had the microwave truck there.

yeah no duh! With a new satellite there we shouldnt have these issues ;)

No this was wrestling, I think I know the difference by now........ but after watching the last few Vikings games maybe not.

"KSTP DLPU , Shakopee, pro wrestling" I missed it on a scan and Sprig found it. So he can confirm.

I thought for sure you would be there since your close by. It was a laugh, I like those town hall type wrestling broadcasts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No this was wrestling, I think I know the difference by now........ but after watching the last few Vikings games maybe not.

"KSTP DLPU , Shakopee, pro wrestling" I missed it on a scan and Sprig found it. So he can confirm.

I thought for sure you would be there since your close by. It was a laugh, I like those town hall type wrestling broadcasts.

oh that was the feed for the Wild and they had the wrestling on there from Tartan high school in Oakdale...it was just the KSTC45 feed for northern MN to get the WIld games :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice clear day here in Twin Cities metro...here's hoping there's a decent signal for tonite's game against UMD...

Yep, COLD clear nights are great ideal for satellite. The colder your LNB the better it works!

Hey there is an idea, if the signal is crap remove your LNB and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. it may just make athe differance between game and no game : )

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yep, COLD clear nights are great ideal for satellite. The colder your LNB the better it works!

Hey there is an idea, if the signal is crap remove your LNB and put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. it may just make athe differance between game and no game : )

If I do that then I'd have to take out one of my frosty beer mugs... :(

So basically it's a weak signal again...I'm going to try again tomorrow during the football game at 12 noon...maybe repoint the dish a tiny bit to see if that helps...damn, I should have got the motorized system; then I could just nudge the dish from the comfort of my own basement... :)

My quality right away was in the high 40s and low 50s just enough to know I had a signal. Then I tried to fine tune the dish and lost it completely. Will try again this afternoon and hopefully better signal quality today! Easier to move the dish in daylight!

Note today's signal for the football game is weaker than last night's hockey signal.

• Upvote 1

Don't know that there is anything to be done other than email jamiel a theralph and complain about the poor transponder and low power.

I have his number in the control room, I will be giving him a call tonight........ just to let him know that the signal is well below par : (

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1