SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

Thanks Pete, I was sitting on the ralph listed transponder watiing for power up. Wonder why it changed. 74% on the traxis 4000/90cm hotdish/spitfire universal

The first Sioux on Satellite signal of the season is up right now at 91ºw

Freq. 12108

Pol. V

SR. 4870

Signal is at 72% : )

• Upvote 1

I had to nudge my also. My quality is only in the 60s but I dont dare touch it again! Thanks again PSB!!

Glad to hear you got it Jake, not sure why we had to nudge to get it? My thought is another similar transponder on an adjacent satellite was bending and pulling at our transponder!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Anyone having troublle with the Manitoba game tonight? I have signal quality in the 30s and the picture is broken up and unwatchable. :(:(

I have spent the last 2 hours nudging the dish back and forth and trying slightly different tp frequencies. No luck.

Anyone having troublle with the Manitoba game tonight? I have signal quality in the 30s and the picture is broken up and unwatchable. :(:(

I have spent the last 2 hours nudging the dish back and forth and trying slightly different tp frequencies. No luck.

I just plain haven't been able to get it on my system in Ohio tonight.. Some years the feed has been spotty, especially at the beginning of the year for me. Last year was perfect all year long. I've got a cloudy gray night here, so I don't know if that has any thing to do with it.

Just to be clear, we are supposed to be using the 12065 - 4880 (Vert) coordinates?

First time I fired up the satellite since last season. I'm getting signal strengh from 58-70 and zero quality. Anybody have any suggestions? I suppose its possible that the wind moved my dish, but it seems to be pointed in the right place.

I just plain haven't been able to get it on my system in Ohio tonight.. Some years the feed has been spotty, especially at the beginning of the year for me. Last year was perfect all year long. I've got a cloudy gray night here, so I don't know if that has any thing to do with it.

Just to be clear, we are supposed to be using the 12065 - 4880 (Vert) coordinates?

Mine blind scanned in as 12064 V 4870. I tried manually adjusting to 12065, but it didn't help. I think it is just a weak signal tonight. Right now there are 2 channels of news feeds on the same satelite that are coming in beatifully. In fact one of them is bleeding over onto the channel that is supposed to have the Sioux. I'm just hoping they get a stronger signal for the next game. Every game came in great last year and the Sioux football game last week was fine too.

something must be off with your systems...I've got 78% sig quality. same signal i had for the football game and the women's game so far this year.

Nahh, the game thread has some chatter about the signal quality bad too. I'd hate to believe I have any bad karma, so I'll chalk it off to weather or weak ralph signal....LOL

Nahh, the game thread has some chatter about the signal quality bad too. I'd hate to believe I have any bad karma, so I'll chalk it off to weather or weak ralph signal....LOL

Hmm...well I just must be at a good location. Some others have had to nudge their dish and I haven't.....so good luck! Or maybe I just got some great equipment from PSB....THANKS PETE! :)

Yeah, I reset my receiver and did a new blind scan. I got Azteca 7 and 13, LETN...No FSSN...I'm hoping it's just weather or weak signal, as I appear to be on the right bird....

If you're getting Azteca then the dish may be off. Azteca is next door at 93W

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here is a good strong transponder on 91w for everone to get back on satellite

V

Black and white test screen 75% signal Quality here!

That one was 80% for me (on the 4000); the FSSN just 71%. This is not the transponder theralph listed in August; hopefully it was just used this weekend and they'll be back to a better one for the remainder of the season. Rednecksioux must be in a good location, since he's using similar stuff to mine, and getting several points higher (in the GF area as opposed to far northwestern ND).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

is that channel labeled TXCN_AC3?

That is one of them (on 91W), along with a couple that show up as "occasional use" (the black and white test scree). There is also another "occasional use" on that tp with no picture, loud tone only.

• Downvote 1