SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I posted this in an other thread and I'll post it again...you can take it for what its worth (I know 2 people won't because they think they know more) :silly:

The FSSN figures as long as the cable companies dont complain about a bad signal and FCS doesn't complain they wont do anything...remember we are just observers.

Also keep in mind **most** of these companies getting the signal is probably using a larger (1.2m or larger) dish.....Midco gets a direct feed.

36" dish worked fine the whole game....50 quality with few drops to 45 on the GeoSatPro (35 is threshold)

on the 6 footer with KU LNB on it a nice solid 65-67 on the Pansat1500 (30 is threshold)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I posted this in an other thread and I'll post it again...you can take it for what its worth (I know 2 people won't because they think they know more) :silly:

Knowing something has little to do with it, attempting to mislead is something else

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm not misleading anyone. You must be confused.

The cable companies and satco's are the ones who need the signal. We are just observers. If we have an issue with a weaker signal all we can do is complain on the board. If a cable company or FCS has an issue then the FSSN would listen because they are using optimum equipment. As I mentioned before they are probably using a 1.2m or greater dish. (probably 6 footer)

If we were the intended audience then all the sports feeds would be in the clear and at great signals...and we all know how that's working out this year ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I couldn't even scan in the Football game today. Hopefully a call from Pete might get us a better signal. Maybe those "cold" nights will help the signal later in the year also. Thanks again Pete for helping all of us in FTA Land.

THANKS - Your welcome :) , although just like the above member I could see the game last night with no problems it gives me no 'pleasure' knowing my PALS are struggling with low bouncing signal quality.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The feed is also up here with just , 53-63% quality only : (

And that's with a Motorized 90cm dish, the best LNB money can buy imported from the UK (Invacom), 20 years of experience and my hand on my heart.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

THANKS - Your welcome :) , although just like the above member I could see the game last night with no problems it gives me no 'pleasure' knowing my PALS are struggling with low bouncing signal quality.

Pete, thanks for all the help! You have been great to work with over the years and always follow through. Go Sioux!!

• Upvote 1

I'm not misleading anyone. You must be confused.

The cable companies and satco's are the ones who need the signal. We are just observers. If we have an issue with a weaker signal all we can do is complain on the board. If a cable company or FCS has an issue then the FSSN would listen because they are using optimum equipment. As I mentioned before they are probably using a 1.2m or greater dish. (probably 6 footer)

If we were the intended audience then all the sports feeds would be in the clear and at great signals...and we all know how that's working out this year ;)

Well, if the prerequisite to getting these games is a 6 foot dish, most people will be out of luck... :(

• Upvote 1

if it was an 18" then that would be the issue ;)

I know on my 30" the signal is weaker but still very stable. On the Coolsat 5000 threshold is around 63-65 and the signal bounced between 67 & 69 so right above threshold

Like I say the 36" I dont have issue with. This is the one I use

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• 2 weeks later...