SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Hockey via Satellite

best0186

I can only get 60% signal quality but have 93% signal.....how should I adjust it. I have a coolsat 6000....the picture is pixilating bad during the game. Granted its snowing here and cloudy as well. I have an old primestar 30m dish, the big round one.

HELP!

I am at around 79% quality tonight. I would wipe off the dish if you can, then if needed at that point, lean gently on each side of the dish while looking at the signal quality (you may need a cell phone) , then do the same with the elevation, pull getly up and down. The dish may just need tweeked onto their transponder. if none of the above works try skewing the LNB slightly. lastly very often moving the LNB closer or further away from the dish reflector also helps the quality. This focal distance is important for collecting as much signal as possible from the full dish dimentions!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am at around 79% quality tonight. I would wipe off the dish if you can, then if needed at that point, lean gently on each side of the dish while looking at the signal quality (you may need a cell phone) , then do the same with the elevation, pull getly up and down. The dish may just need tweeked onto their transponder. if none of the above works try skewing the LNB slightly. lastly very often moving the LNB closer or further away from the dish reflector also helps the quality. This focal distance is important for collecting as much signal as possible from the full dish dimentions!

I bought the sports pack on Directv and compared that feed to the FTA dish I got from PSB. No comparisson. The FTA picture quality is as close to HD as you can get. It makes the standard directv feed look horrible.

I bought the sports pack on Directv and compared that feed to the FTA dish I got from PSB. No comparisson. The FTA picture quality is as close to HD as you can get. It makes the standard directv feed look horrible.

GREAT feedback, better than an advert here at SiouxSports!

I agree 110% :ohmy:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PSB,

thanks I adjusted the vertical adjuster on the dish and was able to get 96% signinal and 93% quality. The second night came in crystal clear!!!!

Thanks again!

Dustin

I have never seen signal quality of 93% but the more the better : )

Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still struggling and would appreciate any input that can be provided. I have a Coolsat 7100 without a motor. It was pointed at 91W last year so I presume it hasn't changed. When I tried to reprogram to the new location I continue to get a NO Signal response. Last weekend I gave up and watched the College Sports etc...channel. What my Coolsat says for the channel I created is:

Satellite: 91W

Frequency: 12024 Mhz

Symbol Rate: 4880

Polarity: Vertical

Video PID: 481

Audio PID: 482

PCR PID: 481

Last year I was getting numbers in the 70 to 80%, presently other channels that I am getting a meter reading on are in the 40 to 50% neighborhood. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? They would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I am still struggling and would appreciate any input that can be provided. I have a Coolsat 7100 without a motor. It was pointed at 91W last year so I presume it hasn't changed. When I tried to reprogram to the new location I continue to get a NO Signal response. Last weekend I gave up and watched the College Sports etc...channel. What my Coolsat says for the channel I created is:

Satellite: 91W

Frequency: 12024 Mhz

Symbol Rate: 4880

Polarity: Vertical

Video PID: 481

Audio PID: 482

PCR PID: 481

Last year I was getting numbers in the 70 to 80%, presently other channels that I am getting a meter reading on are in the 40 to 50% neighborhood. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? They would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dont input the pids...leave them at auto and the receiver will log the proper pids

right now the signal isnt up...wont be up until 9:45ish Central

Can you get a signal on the following transponder?

V

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the original feed from C-Band is much sharper and brighter.

The FSSN feed is way darker

also noticed that thew FSSN is trying to do commercials....highly suggest they dont as UAA only does a 30 second break (instead of a 1 minute) and half the time the game is already going when they come back 30 seconds later

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 8 months later...

i'm planning on cancelling my account with dish and plan on putting up an fta satellite using the same mount that my current dn dish uses. does anyone know approximately what direction i'll need to point the fta dish to pick up fssn? i live 20 miles sw of grand forks and have a clear view of th south/southwest sky (no view to the southeast though).

i'm planning on cancelling my account with dish and plan on putting up an fta satellite using the same mount that my current dn dish uses. does anyone know approximately what direction i'll need to point the fta dish to pick up fssn? i live 20 miles sw of grand forks and have a clear view of th south/southwest sky (no view to the southeast though).

I don't think we'll know where to point until they announce what satellite they'll be on. Last year it was 91W, but I don't think they're guaranteed to be there this year.

I don't think we'll know where to point until they announce what satellite they'll be on. Last year it was 91W, but I don't think they're guaranteed to be there this year.

Looks like 91W is slightly to the southeast from my location so I'll need to reroute my dish if FSSN stays there.

• 4 weeks later...

Use this app, it will help with the azimuth. Enter your address, find your house and the location of your dish on the house, and enter the satellite the FSSN will be on (when they tell us).

http://www.dishpointer.com

Are you doing a fixed setup, or buying a motor? Your straight south satellite is at 97W Longitude.

• Upvote 1