SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

I saw Trevor Bruess's mom? or sister? or girlfriend???(I honestly couldn't venture a guess as to which, she was wearing a FM Jets Jersey) after the first period last night and was going to say something to her about him being a hack...but I was afraid, very afraid!

That wouldn't have been classy, imo. Players can be hacks, jerks, idiots, etc. but leave their parents out of it. What goes on during the game needs to be handled in kind. Rubbing it in his parents' faces wouldn't have done anyone any good.

Goon said:

You should have asked Shepherd if he was going to suspend Irwin for his federal/slap shot move at the end of the game.

Sicatoka is right. If anything, Irwin will get a talking to. Maximum punishment would be a 1 game suspension. Chances are equally good that nothing comes out of it.

It's rather unfortunate because it illustrates to SHepherd that we indeed aren't the cause of every little skirmish or illicit rough stuff.

WHo knows. We'll know by Wednesday, though. If Irwin were Sioux, in this case (LaPoint being out and no real response), you can bet Irwin's fate would have been widely known.

As for him crying after the game, several players, coaches, and commentators mentioned it was an emotional contest. From Irwin's standpoint, what else could you have asked of him? The guy scored most of their goals that weekend! If I put everything on the line for two straight games and the rest of the team basically spent the time playing with themselves, I'd be pretty frustrated too.

I don't understand what Zajac said to set Irwin off. I don't understand a lot of things. But it was not a good weekend to be a Mav.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Trevor Bruess's mom? or sister? or girlfriend???(I honestly couldn't venture a guess as to which, she was wearing a FM Jets Jersey) after the first period last night and was going to say something to her about him being a hack...but I was afraid, very afraid!

I talked to her and she was very nice, as well as the 2 other people that were with her.

What I do know is, she probably could have kicked your butt! :);)

There should be a new penalty added ...Unnecessary Whining

Seems like every team & coach whines at the refs more & more .....must work ;)

Actually, I guess Jutting and the Ref (I don't remember which one) got into it after the first period of Friday's game so it didn't worked for Jutts all that well.

Actually, I guess Jutting and the Ref (I don't remember which one) got into it after the first period of Friday's game so it didn't worked for Jutts all that well.

and apparently he was up in the press box before saturday's game complaining to the head of officials. I got so annoyed with his complaining.

Apparently you haven't seen the tape of that incident, kind of a fluke collision and landing into the boards.

Travis Roy missed a check and put himself into the boards headfirst. Unfortunate and tragic, granted.

But in no way similar to the Lapoint accident, unless you are referring to the fact that the boards were involved in both incidents.

and apparently he was up in the press box before saturday's game complaining to the head of officials. I got so annoyed with his complaining.

I am sorry but Jutting's team deserved all the penalties they got this weekend. Like I said in a previous post this is one of the dirtiest teams I have seen in a long time. Jutting has a rep for abusing officials and whining.

IMO Bruess hit on Lapointe was a slew foot, maybe not the intent to injure like his knee on knee and cfb the night before, but, after those, I refuse to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yes, Lapointe went into the boards off balance, that's what happens when your slew footed, you fall over backwards. You seldom see it done where the player goes into the boards, for that reason it was a very dangerous play by Bruess.

I too was thinking slew foot, but I don't recall ever seeing that called in a college game. And you are right that it is an extremely dangerous play, anywhere on the ice. It puts the victimized player in a position to slam the back of their head on the ice with not opportunity to catch themselves or regain balance. But to expect such a call from a WCHA crew right now is probably a bit much.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a league or NCAA rule mandating a game DQ for any major penalty in the final five minutes of a game. That might end garbage like occurred at the end of the game or last week in Duluth.

I talked to her and she was very nice, as well as the 2 other people that were with her.

What I do know is, she probably could have kicked your butt! :);)

I was joking. I would never say anything to a player's sister or girlfriend or mom*, was just in a roundabout way insinuating that she was a tough looking women whoever she was.

*unless said person says something first...such as the time at the Final 5 a couple years ago when I was walking back to our suite from the carving station and 3 girls in gopher jerseys were walking towards me and one of them says "Sioux Suck", as I continue by them I see that one of them has kaufmann on the back of her jersey so not being able to help myself I ask her if she is Kaufmann's sister or girlfriend and she says why would you think that I am his sister or girlfriend and I said who the f*&k else would wear an Eric Kaufmann Jersey and she says "it's Evan" and I said "oh, Eric, Evan, whatever" and kept walking.

*unless said person says something first...such as the time at the Final 5 a couple years ago when I was walking back to our suite from the carving station and 3 girls in gopher jerseys were walking towards me and one of them says "Sioux Suck", as I continue by them I see that one of them has kaufmann on the back of her jersey so not being able to help myself I ask her if she is Kaufmann's sister or girlfriend and she says why would you think that I am his sister or girlfriend and I said who the f*&k else would wear an Eric Kaufmann Jersey and she says "it's Evan" and I said "oh, Eric, Evan, whatever" and kept walking.

That is a good comeback. ;)

Slew foot...no! Bruess was stopping and his skate did hit LaPoint's right skate to throw him off balance.

CFB, major....no! He did get him in the numbers but it was not a malicious checking from behind penalty.

That being said, I do definately think it was a penalty and a boarding call would have been appropriate. Lapoint was about 4 feet from the boards and Bruess did play the body. As someone said before, there was a delayed penalty on the call and the refs were blowing the whistle on the play which is what pisses me off about the whole situation....very Bina like in that case. But, Lapoint never did gain position of the puck on the play do to the hit by Bruess.

Bruess obviously cant fight (see below) so he thought he would try take people out of the game by being a cheap-a$$ punk all weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv72JVfvKPA

Slew foot...no! Bruess was stopping and his skate did hit LaPoint's right skate to throw him off balance.

CFB, major....no! He did get him in the numbers but it was not a malicious checking from behind penalty.

Slew foot, yes

It was worse than most cfb's in that it appeared Gregoire was trying to turn, Bruess put one hand a each shoulder and through him head first into the boards. Looked much more calculated than most cfb's

Sicatoka is right. If anything, Irwin will get a talking to. Maximum punishment would be a 1 game suspension. Chances are equally good that nothing comes out of it.

Of course he'll get nothing.

Look at the history, namely ...

Robbie Bina wore a halo to free you from your sins.

You see, now, anything short of that no longer matters.

Bruess and Irwin will play to knee and CFB and slash again another day.

Praise Robbie: He paid for your sin. He keeps you from paying for your sins.

What's worse: In this little theatrical production the Pharisees are played by Bruce McLeod and Greg Shephard. (For those of you who don't understand that ... )

The Pharisees often did not understand what the "good book" really said. In Matthew 15:1-20, the one who brought salvation showed that,
because of their traditions, the Pharisees were often not obeying the good book
. The savior called these Pharisees

I am sorry but Jutting's team deserved all the penalties they got this weekend. Like I said in a previous post this is one of the dirtiest teams I have seen in a long time. Jutting has a rep for abusing officials and whining.

And many of you on this board wonder why Schack had to beat the crap out of a couple Mavericks during the Gopher and Mankato series. I'm not saying Minnesota didn't throw any cheap shots, but I know that Mankato can cheap shot with the best.

And many of you on this board wonder why Schack had to beat the crap out of a couple Mavericks during the Gopher and Mankato series. I'm not saying Minnesota didn't throw any cheap shots, but I know that Mankato can cheap shot with the best.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I'll admit I was thinking F'in Gopher to take a cheap shot last weekend but after watching the crap they did this weekend I can understand why Schack did it. There won't be big suspensions from this weekend but there should be something. It must be how Jutting runs his teams.

I think for the mostpart, Mankato is a hardworking team like the Sioux. I don't think you can hold the whole Mankato team responsible for the actions of Bruess. True, the slash at the end was uncalled for, but I think that was frustration coming out. I'm not saying it was o.k., just don't think it is a true representation of most of the Maverick players. I think Bruess better hope they don't play the Sioux early in the year next year, because I think they will set the tone for the year on him.

I think for the mostpart, Mankato is a hardworking team like the Sioux. I don't think you can hold the whole Mankato team responsible for the actions of Bruess. True, the slash at the end was uncalled for, but I think that was frustration coming out. I'm not saying it was o.k., just don't think it is a true representation of most of the Maverick players. I think Bruess better hope they don't play the Sioux early in the year next year, because I think they will set the tone for the year on him.

that would be cool to open the wcha season with a series at home against the mavs and malone whoops his ass.

I just dont see the need for cheap shots period.

If a team, Mankato or UMN or anyone else, throws a cheap shot, they're a cheap team. But what does that make the retaliator? Justified?

Was Schack justified because of the CFB that the Mav player performed on a Minnesota player? The CFB was called! Minny at least had the officials watching the game!

Bruess deserved a CFB or at least a double minor for kneeing in the Friday game and the refs turned the other way. Then he's involved (cleanly, but still) in the LaPoint injury and we took it like men. Bruess is a cheap shot artist, if you ask me, but we didn't return the favor.

Call it a "halo" moment, but I think that's what defines us in this series. We didn't send out a player, even one as marginally talented as Schack, out to exact revenge. And, that's assuming that what Schack did was what Lucia wanted (that being a retaliation, not necessarily what resulted).

A cheap shot in return for a cheap shot cheapens both sides equally, as far as I'm concerned.