SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

per Brad's blog, Bruess has been suspended one game.

MSU-Mankato has suspended forward Trevor Bruess for one game.

Bruess was the player who sent Derrick LaPoint into the boards from behind last Saturday. LaPoint suffered two broken bones in his leg and is out for the season. Bruess was not penalized for the hit.

The release does not specify what the suspension is for.

In addition to the suspension, Bruess has met with athletic director Kevin Buisman and coach Troy Jutting to explain his actions and discuss the seriousness of them.

Bruess will also have to meet with WCHA commish Bruce McLeod.

"A hockey player is responsible for his actions," Jutting said. "Hockey's a physical game and Trevor's a physical player, but you have to play under control and with respect to your opponents."

Bruess, who leads the WCHA in penalty minutes, will serve his suspension next Tuesday against Omaha.

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see ...

- a checking from behind (called as boarding) on Gregoire

- a kneeing on Genoway

- a slew foot on LaPoint that ends his season

and he gets one game. One.

That's maximizing your value because that's the same penalty Mullen of DU got for a slash at UMD.

Think it can't get any worse? Wrong.

One non-conference game.

He is great. He truly saves.

MSU-Mankato has suspended forward Trevor Bruess for one game.

so is it for the slash saturday which it should be for or the slash + hit from behind friday + the knee on genoway?? wtf? explain wcha

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Irwin gave the big post game two hander to Zajac, guess since Zajac is still walking upright Irwin gets by with it.

Irwin gave the big post game two hander to Zajac, guess since Zajac is still walking upright Irwin gets by with it.

I am still disgusted with the non action against Schack the hack.

Surprised by the Buress decision, but puzzled that Irwin got nothing.

Consistently inconsistent, the hallmark of the clowns running the WCHA.

As far as suspending the player immediately or waiting for the next conference game, I think it would be a fairer suspension if they had to miss the next conference game.

I suspect it would be advantageous in the pairwise for UND if other WCHA teams won their non-conf games. By suspending him for the UNO game it may actually hurt UND slightly as this should help UNO beat Mankato.

By suspending the player for a conference game you are helping your own conference while also putting the team, in this case Mankato, at a disadvantage in the conference race for home ice in the playoffs. Since the incident occured in a conference game the punishment should also occur in a conference game if possible.

Am I remembering this correctly> Bruess got NO PENALTY during the game for the hit that broke Pointer's leg. Instead, didn't one of our guys--Malone, maybe--go to the box for something? Because I remember thinking WTF? Our guy's on the ice incapacitated and one of his teammates is put in the penalty box.

Am I remembering this correctly> Bruess got NO PENALTY during the game for the hit that broke Pointer's leg. Instead, didn't one of our guys--Malone, maybe--go to the box for something? Because I remember thinking WTF? Our guy's on the ice incapacitated and one of his teammates in put in the penalty box.

im pretty sure the play happeend on a delay penalty wasnt it? and wasnt bruess the 6th guy out there ? i may be wrong but i think it was on a delay penalty on malone i think

Am I remembering this correctly> Bruess got NO PENALTY during the game for the hit that broke Pointer's leg. Instead, didn't one of our guys--Malone, maybe--go to the box for something? Because I remember thinking WTF? Our guy's on the ice incapacitated and one of his teammates in put in the penalty box.

Yep, that would be the point when Hakstol asked for an explanation, talked to the ref for awhile and then just looked at Eades like "you talk to him because I can't anymore" (that is what it looked like from my vantage point anyway)

It's getting harder not to say the reason Irwin isn't sitting for a game is because he's not a member of the Sioux.

Yeah, Bruess might have deserved a severe penalty, but his actions were reacted upon. Maybe not as severe as they should have been, but they were reacted upon.

Irwin's actions were not addressed at all.

I think in future contests, I think Hakstol should get the team off the ice as soon as they humanly can and avoid handshake lines with MSU Mankato until such time that safety becomes an important aspect of all parts of the on-ice activities from the time the first skater steps on the ice until the last skater leaves the ice.

I just don't feel comfortable with the current officiating leadership and what the players are allowed to get away with these days.

yeah my bad, not sure what i was thinking. interesting. if zajac has a broken wrist then thats the only way irwin gets suspended.

yeah my bad, not sure what i was thinking. interesting. if zajac has a broken wrist then thats the only way irwin gets suspended.

Isn't it sad that the only method of enforcement the league employs towards these actions are reactionary instead of preventative?

Players now know that they can get away with this stuff as long as they do it in such a manner that doesn't injure the other player.

yet another example I can cite in my "Halo-esque" pursuit of a change in leadership.

I don't think Lucia is sitting him for that incident. Schack rarely played before, only when the gophers were shorthanded or needed to shut up Hextall.

What exactly is the difference if he's not playing. I mean is the league going to rule that he would have been a healthy scratch so he gets another game?

Not that I agree with the league not making an example of him.

I am shocked that Irwin wasn't suspended. How's that guy from Denver feeling that had to sit out last weekend? Do you think Gwozdickey isn't on the phone with McKlown asking him that.

I don't think McKlown helped his situation out one bit.

Regarding Bruess, he had a suspension coming, but apparently (I didn't see a replay) not for that hit. Go figure.

Isn't it sad that the only method of enforcement the league employs towards these actions are reactionary instead of preventative?

Players now know that they can get away with this stuff as long as they do it in such a manner that doesn't injure the other player.

yet another example I can cite in my "Halo-esque" pursuit of a change in leadership.

Once again, it all comes back to the shirty reffing in the WCHA...well said sir....