SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

A Sioux win and a Denver loss tonight will put the Sioux in a 4 way tie for #4 in the PWR With Denver, Vermont and Northeastern.

Interesting stat that I hope is telling: UND has the second best TUC record of the top 25 after BU, and only Denver has played more TUCs.

Also only BU and (unfortunately) UMD have the H2H vs the Sioux.

What does this mean? Not much...its paper, but it gives me confidence come tournament time.

Wouldn't the sioux flip some more comps if the above happens and

UNH beats VT

BC beats NE

I think we could get to 21 and the rest would drop below that -we would be tied w/Mich at 21.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't the sioux flip some more comps if the above happens and

UNH beats VT

BC beats NE

I think we could get to 21 and the rest would drop below that -we would be tied w/Mich at 21.

I think the vermont comparison would depend upon how much their rpi would fall if they lost.

Lots of teams really close together in 13-17 range. A loss or two against SCSU next weekend could change that right back around on them.

If the Gophers win their series against SCSU, even if it goes 3 games, they will be in the big dance regardless of their showing at the Final 5. NCAA stands to lose to much money if they can't figure out a way to get them in. Is it right? No. Will it happen? Definitely. Unfortunately, when is the last time that SCSU won a meaningful game? Never. So I don't expect them to put up much of fight against MN.

UMD getting swept really helped the Goofs I would think. Even if they get in, they are not a team that i worry about. Although I don't want to see them again, especially on their home ice. It is tough to beat a rival 3 times in a season. I worry more about CC and Wisconsin that DU or MN.

If the Gophers win their series against SCSU, even if it goes 3 games, they will be in the big dance regardless of their showing at the Final 5. NCAA stands to lose to much money if they can't figure out a way to get them in. Is it right? No. Will it happen? Definitely. Unfortunately, when is the last time that SCSU won a meaningful game? Never. So I don't expect them to put up much of fight against MN.

The majority of the tickets are already sold. The Gophers will make the tourney only with a series win vs. SCSU and a pair of wins at the X. There are some fluky ways PWR will let them in with a loss at the X to someone like Mankato or, but they won't get any favors from the selection committee.

If you truly want to know how the gophers jumped up read below. If you want to stay in your bubble and make up conspiracy theories, go to next post.

Minnesota flipped comparisons with Vermont and UMD because of AA's sweep of UMD. AA becoming a TUC added a win and a tie to the gophers record vs TUC's

As Brian said, 13-17 will be all over the board in the next 14 days.

If you truly want to know how the gophers jumped up read below. If you want to stay in your bubble and make up conspiracy theories, go to next post.

Minnesota flipped comparisons with Vermont and UMD because of AA's sweep of UMD. AA becoming a TUC added a win and a tie to the gophers record vs TUC's

Could come down to a huge play-in game with CC. CC already owns the comp with Minn but CC could flip a couple more if the RPI bumps a little more.

So what you're saying is that Minnesota has "the goods" on everyone on the selection committee and they're threatening to expose everyone's peccadillo's if they don't get in.

:sad:

3/8/09

Northeast

1)Boston Univ.

16)Bemidji

8)New Hampshire*

10)Cornell

Midwest

2)Notre Dame

15)Air Force

7)North Dakota

11)Miami

West

3)Michigan

13)Minnesota *

6)Vermont

12)Princeton

East

4)Denver

14)Ohio State

5)Northeastern

9)Yale *

My first try at this weeks brackets. This assumes current conference leaders win the automatic bid. The first two out are St. Lawrence and Colorado College.

note: * for host teams