SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a take on the current bracketology courtesy of Tim Rosenthal at insidehockey.com

East (Bridgeport, CT)

#1 Boston University vs. #16 Bemidji State

#6 Vermont vs. #9 Yale

Midwest (Grand Rapids, MI)

#2 Notre Dame vs. #15 Air Force

#8 North Dakota vs. #11 Miami

West (Minneapolis)

#3 Michigan vs. #13 Minnesota

#5 Northeastern vs. #12 Princeton

Northeast (Manchester, NH)

#4 Denver vs. #14 Ohio State

#7 New Hampshire vs. #10 Cornell

INCH also has a new 4 x 4 that takes a dig at the "State of Hockey"

Is this one the one where they refered to the John as a lake? :whistling:

huh, have you seen your team play lately? :whistling::blush:

Yes. Much better than the other 4 seeds in the tournament, and much more dangerous because we would be at home. We are a better team at home, that's why I wouldn't be surprised at making the frozen four as long as we make it to the tournament, which I kind of doubt is going to happen.

Doubtful. No one wants to play the Gophers @ home, there's much easier 4 seeds they could play, at much better locations.

of course nobody wants to play anyone at home but if any unbias college hockey fan has watched the gophers play over the last 3 months i highly doubt anyone is that afraid of your team. sorry but they arent and i called a spade a spade. the gophers are a 4 seed right now and have deserved that 4 seed with their crappy play. just because they have a big M on their jersey doesnt mean they arent a true 4 seed which they are. lose 2 to scsu and they are done and done as you know

any team that is 3-6-3 in their last 12 with 7 of those 12 at home doesnt exactly stick out as a feared team. there are gapping holes in that D and kangas as well

only a little over 2 weeks when we can see the real tourney seedings and brackets. cant wait as a wcha fan !!

There is another take on the brackets and rankings at collegehockeynews.com

Interesting how there are so many takes on who will be in and is out. Why doesn't Michigan play in Michigan if the gophers are supposed to be home?

because the gophers are a host team. who ever is a host team fo the 4 regionals gets to play their if they earn a ncaa spot

each of the 4 regionals every year have hosts as a example when the sioux had their regional a few years back no mateer if they made it as a 1,2,3 or 4 seed they get to play in their own regional as the host

new inch 4x4

remember INCH does it by projections and how teams are playing and how they think things will play out unlike uscho which does it by the pairwise rankings if it ended today

http://insidecollegehockey.com/5Polls/0809/44_0724.htm

this is dead on as well as teams like um and cc and duluth have to make a nice run into the semis of the final 5 to get in. the gophs should hold on if they beat scsu in the series unless a few upsets happen but the others have to win their series and probably a game in the final 5 to even have a chane to get in

Yes. Much better than the other 4 seeds in the tournament, and much more dangerous because we would be at home. We are a better team at home, that's why I wouldn't be surprised at making the frozen four as long as we make it to the tournament, which I kind of doubt is going to happen.

I think the Goofs would be hard pressed to beat BSU or AFA they way they are playing. :whistling:

BSU gave the Sioux a tougher battle than the Goofs as well.

Hum interesting I don't see the Gophers in that projection.

thats because they are on the bubble and pretty much assuming they may lose to scsu in their playoff series. if they do beat them they should be in the tourney and grab a 4 seed unless they can make a run in the final 5

if the season ended today which is doesnnt they would be in

cc and scsu have a lot more to worry about than winning their best of 3 series. the wcha could end up with just 2 teams in du and und if these other 3 dont win their series and we know if scsu beats minny then they would still have to win maybe 2 games in the final 5 to jump up. down year for the wcha as a whole. 2 teams making it top heavy then very mediocre

thats because they are on the bubble and pretty much assuming they may lose to scsu in their playoff series. if they do beat them they should be in the tourney and grab a 4 seed unless they can make a run in the final 5

cc and scsu have a lot more to worry about than winning their best of 3 series. the wcha could end up with just 2 teams in du and und if these other 3 dont win their series and we know if scsu beats minny then they would still have to win maybe 2 games in the final 5 to jump up. down year for the wcha as a whole. 2 teams making it top heavy then very mediocre

I am thinking that there will be three teams from the WCHA in the tourney max and you're right it may only be two.

I am thinking that there will be three teams from the WCHA in the tourney max and you're right it may only be two.

I think three for sure will get in(either cc or duluth) and if the goophs make it to the final 5 they will get in as well. I'm not sure why everyone is on board the scsu bandwagon right now to beat the gophs. they didn't play very well this last weekend against msum and are 0-4 against the gophs onthe season. yes I know it huskies are due but it could just be for one game.

I think three for sure will get in(either cc or duluth) and if the goophs make it to the final 5 they will get in as well. I'm not sure why everyone is on board the scsu bandwagon right now to beat the gophs. they didn't play very well this last weekend against msum and are 0-4 against the gophs onthe season. yes I know it huskies are due but it could just be for one game.

Ah, I forgot about one of those teams C.C. and UMD can flip if they win their series and probably a game or two at the final five.

I don't think the bubble teams can afford to go 2-1 in their playoff series.

I think it would better for CC to play in the playin game and beat MN than have wisco or den upset so they jump to #3 seed. It would give them 1 more game with a TUC. I predict if they win the play-in game vs the Gophs they make the tourny, unless they drop a game to UMD in their playoff series.