SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

If the Sioux split would they stay the same in Pairwise, or still rise because Denver is ahead of us?

way to complicated to know that. jim may be able to give us a chart this week on possible situations. we are tied for 16th rigth now so not as bad as i though after that tie friday.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 Simulation, played by the computer (not me)

861A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_SEK.jpg

Game 1

DU 2

UND 1

Shots: 36-18 UND

First Period 2-1 DU

Second Period 2-1 DU

Third Period 2-1 DU

All goals came in the first. UND was flying the whole game, and had a lot of great opportunities, but got stymied by the goaltender. The defense played great, but Denver

Clowns are terrible. Terrible. My cousin went to their game against wisco, and he's completely unbiased as he doesn't go to either school and he even saw how terrible they are. No wonder Minny got all those goals. ;) Those thoughts aside, I'm excited for the DU series. Hopefully it goes in our favor.

they are awful right now.

they are awful right now.

Talking about awful, Kangas had a .921 save percentage before the Sioux series and now is down to .906.

He has given up 6, 5, 2 6 goals in four games. Weloski was horrible as well this past weekend.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll chase Cheverie.

Minnesota has offensive capabilities this year that has, overall, been very good despite their ineptitude against us.

DU hasn't the offense necessarily that Minny has, but they have twice the defense....well, if Minny showed they had defense against us, then I'd say twice the defense.

This series is HUGE and by no means will it be easy.

On the other hand, I thought we'd struggle against Minnesota and it worked out.

Who knows. All I do know is that this is not a series that we can expect blowouts. I personally am not expecting a blowout either way.

This is not an easy sweep.

Just an FYI: IIRC UND heavily recruited Cheverie and the netminder at Northeastern I can't remember his name.

do we have a goalie coming in next year or the year after

I HIGHLY doubt we'll chase Cheverie.

Minnesota has offensive capabilities this year that has, overall, been very good despite their ineptitude against us.

DU hasn't the offense necessarily that Minny has, but they have twice the defense....well, if Minny showed they had defense against us, then I'd say twice the defense.

This series is HUGE and by no means will it be easy.

On the other hand, I thought we'd struggle against Minnesota and it worked out.

Who knows. All I do know is that this is not a series that we can expect blowouts. I personally am not expecting a blowout either way.

This is not an easy sweep.

Just an FYI: IIRC UND heavily recruited Cheverie and the netminder at Northeastern I can't remember his name.

off topic but do we have a goalie coming in next year

S f (2) - Don't know. Haven't really heard much. If we believe what people were saying when Harrington came to UND, then it might be that Harrington takes the same path as Walski and moves into the #2 slot and UND invites a walk-on for the #3 slot.

I live in Omaha, NE. So I am NOT connected in the slightest.

Back on topic. If the Sioux are on top of their game they will present the same balanced attack that overwhelmed the Gophers. Denver hasn't had to play anything like that this year and aren't used to being on the receiving end for any length of time. We will quickly find out what Chevrie and the Pie D is made of. Let's get four points and keep the run for first going.

as of tonight the sioux have move up to a tie for 14th in the pairwise so we got some help that was needed after getting 3 and not 4 points and denver sits at #8

we have played 3 of the top 4 pwr teams as of today with a combined record of 3-2 vs those 3 teams with losses to cornell and boston

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

big time series for the wcha and national pairwise picture!

as of tonight the sioux have move up to a tie for 14th in the pairwise so we got some help that was needed after getting 3 and not 4 points and denver sits at #8

we have played 3 of the top 4 pwr teams as of today with a combined record of 3-2 vs those 3 teams with losses to cornell and boston

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

big time series for the wcha and national pairwise picture!

If we would have won Friday instead of of a tie we would be 13 in the PWR, ahead of BC and UMD.

Here's a site where you can simulate PWR.

http://slack.net/~whelan/tbrw/tbrw.cgi?2009

Clowns are terrible. Terrible. My cousin went to their game against wisco, and he's completely unbiased as he doesn't go to either school and he even saw how terrible they are. No wonder Minny got all those goals. ;) Those thoughts aside, I'm excited for the DU series. Hopefully it goes in our favor.

The Sioux play them in a week, so we will find out just how "terrible" they are. Remember how many people were saying how terrible Michigan State and Michigan Tech were? That's all the Sioux need now is to start believing that stuff and taking a step back. First things first though, the Sioux have to have a good weekend at Denver to keep the ball rolling.

I wonder how big the Gregoire vs. Denver thing will be. I would guess they hold a big grudge against him due to backing out of the verbal. Look for them to gun for him, and Jason to have a good weekend also.

I'm sure the Pios will take a couple runs at him, but I, too, expect Gregoire to have a big weekend. Anyone have any more word on Kozek and his situation? Is he out this weekend as well?

I'm sure the Pios will take a couple runs at him, but I, too, expect Gregoire to have a big weekend. Anyone have any more word on Kozek and his situation? Is he out this weekend as well?

oh, gregs is gonna light it up this weekend. i just know it. :lol:

The Pios will be hurting (emotionally) when they leave... :)

As for Kozek, I haven't heard anything either way. At first I heard it was a minor thing and he'd be back this weekend, and I also heard it would be a couple weeks. I plan to do some snooping... ;)

This series had better feature nothing less than a full house at The Ralph. And that goes double for the corporate suiteholders. We need the same energy and excitement that we had for the Gopher series. These next two games could help determine whether we finish in the top three or struggle to get home ice for the first round.

This series had better feature nothing less than a full house at The Ralph. And that goes double for the corporate suiteholders. We need the same energy and excitement that we had for the Gopher series. These next two games could help determine whether we finish in the top three or struggle to get home ice for the first round.

Let's hope that it is. The ticket office says that it's sold out.