SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

Marto is the WCHA Defensive Player of the Week. Good job Jake.

great for marto! he stepped up nicely this last weekend and has the last month!!

per brad

Marto is defensive player of week

UND has another player of the week in the WCHA.

Sophomore Jake Marto is the defensive player of the week in the league. It is the first such honor in Marto's career and it is the first time the Sioux have had a defensive player of the week this season.

Marto scored three goals in UND's series with Michigan Tech -- matching his previous career total.

In the last 12 games, Marto has four goals and four assists for eight points, while carrying the team's best plus-minus at +11.

UND has had seven players of the week in the last two months. The Sioux had one in the first two months of the season.

Sioux players in weekly honors

Nov. 18 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 2 -- Matt Frattin, WCHA offensive player of the week

Dec. 9 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 16 -- Brett Hextall, WCHA rookie of the week

Jan. 6 -- Chris VandeVelde, WCHA offensive player of the week

Jan. 13 -- Ryan Duncan, WCHA offensive player of the week

Jan. 13 -- Jason Gregoire, WCHA rookie of the week

Jan. 20 -- Jake Marto, WCHA defensive player of the week

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great for marto! he stepped up nicely this last weekend and has the last month!!

per brad

Marto is defensive player of week

UND has another player of the week in the WCHA.

Sophomore Jake Marto is the defensive player of the week in the league. It is the first such honor in Marto's career and it is the first time the Sioux have had a defensive player of the week this season.

Marto scored three goals in UND's series with Michigan Tech -- matching his previous career total.

In the last 12 games, Marto has four goals and four assists for eight points, while carrying the team's best plus-minus at +11.

UND has had seven players of the week in the last two months. The Sioux had one in the first two months of the season.

Sioux players in weekly honors

Nov. 18 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 2 -- Matt Frattin, WCHA offensive player of the week

Dec. 9 -- Brad Eidsness, WCHA rookie of the week

Dec. 16 -- Brett Hextall, WCHA rookie of the week

Jan. 6 -- Chris VandeVelde, WCHA offensive player of the week

Jan. 13 -- Ryan Duncan, WCHA offensive player of the week

Jan. 13 -- Jason Gregoire, WCHA rookie of the week

Jan. 20 -- Jake Marto, WCHA defensive player of the week

the best part is how many DIFFERENT players have gotten player of the week honors so far. 7 different players right there. That says something to me.

Way to go Jake! ;)

the best part is how many DIFFERENT players have gotten player of the week honors so far. 7 different players right there. That says something to me.

Way to go Jake! ;)

if this team is to do anything this year it is because of everyone on the roster pitching in, not just 1,2 or 3 people.

Oshie is not in the rookie game... according to: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=29363.

I guess we'll find out at the game if he's in town. :)

Not surprising...Oshie is off to a slow start. in part due to that high ankle sprain. I see his roommate Berglund is in the game though. No need for Oshie to drop the puck, that is stupid. If he wanted to be on the ice for this series he could have stayed for his senior year.

Not surprising...Oshie is off to a slow start. in part due to that high ankle sprain. I see his roommate Berglund is in the game though. No need for Oshie to drop the puck, that is stupid. If he wanted to be on the ice for this series he could have stayed for his senior year.

Unless you missed the roar Johny Toews got last year when he dropped the puck you should know that no one held it against him for leaving early and everyone in the rink was happy that he came back. There was nothing left for Oshie to prove here it was his time to move on if you hold a personal grudge against him thats fine i for one would be happy if he came back it shows he enjoyed his time here.

Unless you missed the roar Johny Toews got last year when he dropped the puck you should know that no one held it against him for leaving early and everyone in the rink was happy that he came back. There was nothing left for Oshie to prove here it was his time to move on if you hold a personal grudge against him thats fine i for one would be happy if he came back it shows he enjoyed his time here.

Well fine...whatever. I just do not think it makes much sense for a player who is 1 year removed from the program to drop the puck. It really has nothing to do with leaving early. I think it is a little premature for a player who is one year removed to drop the ceremonial puck...that is my point. Agree?

Well fine...whatever. I just do not think it makes much sense for a player who is 1 year removed from the program to drop the puck. It really has nothing to do with leaving early. I think it is a little premature for a player who is one year removed to drop the ceremonial puck...that is my point. Agree?

Anything that can get the crowd fired up is fine by me, and Oshie is one of the all-time favorites around here. It is because he is only one-year removed and has such respect for the UND program that he would be greeted with a thunderous applause.

Agreed