SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

Not surprising...Oshie is off to a slow start. in part due to that high ankle sprain. I see his roommate Berglund is in the game though. No need for Oshie to drop the puck, that is stupid. If he wanted to be on the ice for this series he could have stayed for his senior year.

he missed a lot of games with that high ankle sprain then popping the scar tissue as expected. he would have been in the game if he stayed healthy. would be great for osh to be back for the series!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

Weekly Wednesday update

At today's weekly meeting with the local media, assistant coach Cary Eades said that Andrew Kozek has not been ruled out for this weekend yet.

Kozek was back on the ice today and he will be evaluated right up until game time. If he can't go Friday, there still may be a chance for Saturday.

Kozek injured his leg just before the team departed for Houghton last week. He did not travel.

"We do miss his scoring ability in the lineup," Eades said.

Denver coach George Gwozdecky said his team is healthy with the exception of Tyler Bozak, who will miss the rest of the regular season with a knee injury.

Also at today's press conferences was Winnipeg Free Press writer Tim Campbell. He'll also be coming down for Friday's game. Campbell, who typically covers the Manitoba Moose, will be doing a story on the continued tradition of Manitoba sending some of its best player to UND.

Later on, I will try to have more on the midget tournament that is going on in Ralph Engelstad Arena this weekend. One matchup off hand that is intriguing -- Nolan Zajac and the Winnipeg Thrashers vs. Shattuck at 2:30 p.m. Friday. Doug Smail's Colorado Outlaws team also will play Shattuck at 11:30 a.m. Saturday

IMO this is the biggest series of the year for the Sioux and (obviously) sets the table for the endgame. A sweep puts them in the driver's seat for the Cup, first round home ice and all that. Losing two to the Pios might a deal-breaker. Denver is skilled everywhere on the ice, scores well and defends excellently. Big, big test for the home team.

I'm all about risk vs. reward; this is a high-risk series, with a huge, huge payoff if the Sioux can get a sweep.

I did notice that it said UND was the second largest university in the state.....did that change this year? I know for a long time we've been ahead of NDSU in terms of students, even though the gap was closing more and more each year.

NDSU has actually had larger enrollment than UND the last couple years.

If Hak let's the boys play up and down hockey like he did vs. Minny, I like our chances. If we go back to the dump and cycle...not so much! I say we get 3 of 4 points at a minimum.

We got to play up and down hockey against Minnesota (IMO) because that's what they allowed us. There's no way that Gwozdickey is going to let us do that. (Again IMO). He's been working on the trap all week I'll bet.

I know that there is a ticket section, but I'm going to post this anyways.

I need one student saturday upper bowl ticket for this game. I have a buddy who is coming from Wisconsin on short notice (10-11 drive) and he really wants to see a UND game, but tickets are hard to come by...especially this late.

IF YOU HAVE ONE, OR KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT HAS ONE, LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!! I will pay well!

Thanks...and GO SIOUX

I need one student saturday upper bowl ticket for this game. I have a buddy who is coming from Wisconsin on short notice (10-11 drive) and he really wants to see a UND game, but tickets are hard to come by...especially this late.

IF YOU HAVE ONE, OR KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT HAS ONE, LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!! I will pay well!

Thanks...and GO SIOUX

i hope you have a student id to give your buddy if you find a student ticket or he probably won't be let in.... just saying... one of my friends that goes to the tech in east grand tried to get in with a student ticket and they wouldn't let her.... so just a warning.

i hope you have a student id to give your buddy if you find a student ticket or he probably won't be let in.... just saying... one of my friends that goes to the tech in east grand tried to get in with a student ticket and they wouldn't let her.... so just a warning.

Oh yeah....I have 2, and he looks fairly like me. I'm not worried about that part of it...I just need a dang ticket! :)

Thanks...and GO SIOUX

Adam, try checking out the No Seat Left Behind group on Facebook. I know you're a member of it :)

For those with cable, both games this weekend will be shown on Fox College Sports

Friday: FCS - Central 8:00 pm (probably joined in progress, could be tape delayed)

Saturday: FCS - Pacific 7:00 pm (live)

I'm guessing the Friday night game will be joined in progress, since it only lists it from 8-10. They are replaying it as well from midnight to 2:30am.