SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs DENVER

AZSIOUX

For those with cable, both games this weekend will be shown on Fox College Sports

Friday: FCS - Central 8:00 pm (probably joined in progress, could be tape delayed)

Saturday: FCS - Pacific 7:00 pm (live)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1523309

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/1523313

Just for the Record the RM FSN guys are lot more objective than the Rug and Wooger.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Official...

The Man, the Myth, The Osh will be in town tomorrow to drop the puck!!!

Go Sioux...

Rich T

YAAAAYYYYY!!

I like it that he is in town to drop the puck. Sure, he is only 1 year removed from the Sioux, but I think of the kids out there watching, and he is a player fresh in their memory. He is a huge treat for the kids (and adults) to see come back.

It's Official...

The Man, the Myth, The Osh will be in town tomorrow to drop the puck!!!

Go Sioux...

Rich T

Yeah I posted that yesterday, but apparently nobody pays attention when I post anything. Oh well.

Except he's not going to be dropping the puck, just so you all know.

For anybody who's interested in what the Denver Post has to say. Link Pretty much makes us look like a bunch of goons, gotta love the pic of the Radke fight though.

I don't suppose they mention that Radke pulled Vossberg out of a group of five that were gooning it up with one Sioux player? All five of those guys deserved the whooping that Radke put on.

For anybody who's interested in what the Denver Post has to say. Link Pretty much makes us look like a bunch of goons, gotta love the pic of the Radke fight though.

great quote! just find it funny that they need to announce it, thats smart :) woop DU and their jelly dognuts azzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"We've talked about it, that we're going to take the physical play to them right away, to let them know we're not intimidated," DU junior defenseman Cody Brookwell said. "There is a time and place (to fight), and there are guys on this team willing to go with a guy. That's part of the game, and sometimes it needs to be dealt with."

i dont mind this at all. at least they are showing they have a spine in the papaers. now the ice? we will see. go sioux . kick the crap out of these guys

great quote!

"We've talked about it, that we're going to take the physical play to them right away, to let them know we're not intimidated," DU junior defenseman Cody Brookwell said. "There is a time and place (to fight), and there are guys on this team willing to go with a guy. That's part of the game, and sometimes it needs to be dealt with."

i dont mind this at all. at least they are showing they have a spine in the papaers. now the ice? we will see. go sioux . kick the crap out of these guys

I think they watched the UMTC series and are scared s---less.

It looks like we have them distracted a bit. :)

"There is a time and place (to fight), and there are guys on this team willing to go with a guy. That's part of the game, and sometimes it needs to be dealt with."

Well, there's a few guys that weren't on MN's recruiting radar.

It's refreshing not to hear about bunch of whining about the Sioux being axe murderers. Denver may be one of the bigger rivals but I give them credit for not crying and whining.

great quote! just find it funny that they need to announce it, thats smart :) woop DU and their jelly dognuts azzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So what this says to me is that the Sioux are already in the Pioneer heads and DU is going to change how they play in order to match up. Let's hope the Sioux can take advantage while DU is distracted by trying to be physical and score a couple early to really get 'em rattled! GO SIOUX!!

I think they watched the UMTC series and are scared s---less.

It looks like we have them distracted a bit. :lol:

Maybe, just maybe, we have them distracted enough to where they'll chase the guys in green around trying to hit them while UND knocks in a couple quick ones. ;):)

In all seriousness, if Denver brings their legs and heart, we could have the series on our hands that we should have had with the Gophers. It should be a couple 3-4 goal games. I'd prefer to keep the tooth-knocking business out until we have a 3 goal cushion. :lol:

A few notes:

Big scorer Bozak went down in the Friday game at Mankato in December. In the last 5 games since he left Denver is 3-1-1. One win on the road at Mankato, a Tie with Holy Cross (NC) and a 4-1 loss to BU (NC). Then a sweep of Tech in Denver, one game going to OT (4-3).

Here who has scored in Bozak's absence:

1st Line

Rahkshani - 3-2-5

Martin - 2-2-4

Maiani - 1-3-4

Total - 6-7-13

2nd line

Colbourne - 1-2-3

Ruegsegger - 0-1-1

Ostrow - 2-1-3

Total - 3-4-7

Lower lines

Glasser - 3-0-3 (all in one game)

Salazar - 1-1-2

Drewhurst - 0-1-1

Total 4-2-6

Top D Pairing

Brookwell D - 0-2-2

Testwuide D - 1-0-1

Lower D

Mullen D - 0-3-3

Wiercoch D - 0-3-3

Cheverie - 12 goals on 134 shots for .910 saves % and a 2.4 GA.

Interesting stat: Tech put up 33 and 32 SOG on the road against Denver.

Special Teams last 5 games:

Denver PP = 2-32 = 6%

Denver PK = 4-20 = 80% (They gave up a PP goal in 4 of 5 games)

Denver took almost exactly 5 penalties each game.

My Keys:

1. Play physical and aggressive. Don't fear aggressive penalties, but don't be stupid.

2. Don't give up odd man opportunities. Make Denver earn their 5x5 opportunities.

3. Put a lot of shots on Cheverie. Playing the %, 35 SOG each night should net 3, maybe 4 goals.

A few notes:

Big scorer Bozak went down in the Friday game at Mankato in December. In the last 5 games since he left Denver is 3-1-1. One win on the road at Mankato, a Tie with Holy Cross (NC) and a 4-1 loss to BU (NC). Then a sweep of Tech in Denver, one game going to OT (4-3).

Here who has scored in Bozak's absence:

1st Line

Rahkshani - 3-2-5

Martin - 2-2-4

Maiani - 1-3-4

Total - 6-7-13

2nd line

Colbourne - 1-2-3

Ruegsegger - 0-1-1

Ostrow - 2-1-3

Total - 3-4-7

Lower lines

Glasser - 3-0-3 (all in one game)

Salazar - 1-1-2

Drewhurst - 0-1-1

Total 4-2-6

Top D Pairing

Brookwell D - 0-2-2

Testwuide D - 1-0-1

Lower D

Mullen D - 0-3-3

Wiercoch D - 0-3-3

Cheverie - 12 goals on 134 shots for .910 saves % and a 2.4 GA.

Interesting stat: Tech put up 33 and 32 SOG on the road against Denver.

Special Teams last 5 games:

Denver PP = 2-32 = 6%

Denver PK = 4-20 = 80% (They gave up a PP goal in 4 of 5 games)

Denver took almost exactly 5 penalties each game.

My Keys:

1. Play physical and aggressive. Don't fear aggressive penalties, but don't be stupid.

2. Don't give up odd man opportunities. Make Denver earn their 5x5 opportunities.

3. Put a lot of shots on Cheverie. Playing the %, 35 SOG each night should net 3, maybe 4 goals.

great rundown, thanks. i read that since bozak went down salazar who is their recruited walk on stud forward who started out on fire has 2 points like you pointed out. bozak was a big reason he was scoring in bunches. watch out for wiechoch, hes a big time player who can create havic for the sioux on the blueline

I think the Sioux will blow one of the games out, but will have a tough one that could go either way in the other. DU has that nasty knack for scoring of turnovers from what I've seen them on TV against multiple opponents.

With the Gophers taking the weekend off to rest up from the WJC, this should be fun to watch. :)

I think the Sioux will blow one of the games out, but will have a tough one that could go either way in the other. DU has that nasty knack for scoring of turnovers from what I've seen them on TV against multiple opponents.

With the Gophers taking the weekend off to rest up from the WJC, this should be fun to watch. ;)

nice :) should be a hell of a series both ways. score 3 and we win pretty much :lol: all wins have come scoring 3 goals or more with 1 loss and 1 tie. interesting stat.

Last games Denver played they tied Tech and won by 2 they also have lost to HOLY CROSS IN OT....LOL

they are also 9-1-1 in their last 11 ;) and we are 9-1-2, this is gona be a great series - we also got beat by tech 2-1 and tied tech 3-3 :) just saying and also they didnt tie tech, they beat tech in OT and tied holy cross but won in the shootout as it was a holiday tourney. you got those mixed up :lol:

they are also 9-1-1 in their last 11 ;) and we are 9-1-2, this is gona be a great series - we also got beat by tech 2-1 and tied tech 3-3 :) just saying and also they didnt tie tech, they beat tech in OT and tied holy cross but won in the shootout as it was a holiday tourney. you got those mixed up :lol:

I am a little nervous now.

You mean to tell me that Denver was able to pull out a tough victory against the second greatest hockey program in the country. Holy Cross (in my opinion) has a storied history. Although I have only been to one of their games.....it was easily one of the most entertaining sporting events I have ever attended.

Go Holy Cross!

GO SIOUX!