SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Don't look now, but Chicago is doing their Hoover impression.... they're sucking hardcore right now.

This series is over. I don't know if Chicago will win another game. They just don't have the D or the goaltending.

Game tied.

Don't look now, but Chicago is doing their Hoover impression.... they're sucking hardcore right now.

This series is over. I don't know if Chicago will win another game. They just don't have the D or the goaltending.

it will be for the flames if they continue sucking like the hoover 5000 and not just the regular hoover like the hawks were in first half of the 2nd period

Yeah. what a wierd turn of events.

Which team is going to suck next?

Both D look terrible at times, but I think of all the goals, the ones Khabibulin gave up were weaker overall.

Never say never is my motto. It aint over til it's over. (now there's a couple sports cliches for ya lol)

Never say never is my motto. It aint over til it's over. (now there's a couple sports cliches for ya lol)

fun series to watch, great hard hitting every shift. cant beat the nhl playoffs ! go jonny go !!

looks like osh gets to keep playing for a while...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419725

I had a feeling he would be asked to play.

A good showing in Swiss could put him in the running for a spot on the Oly team next year. It's a good sign Brian Burke wanted him on the WC team.

He is a long shot for the Olympic team but he has been underestimated before. I wouldn't count him out.

I had a feeling he would be asked to play.

A good showing in Swiss could put him in the running for a spot on the Oly team next year. It's a good sign Brian Burke wanted him on the WC team.

He is a long shot for the Olympic team but he has been underestimated before. I wouldn't count him out.

this is great for TJ, could go along way for a olympic spot. now we have 3 former sioux with blake, stafford and oshie

FORMER SIOUX IN STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS - ELIMINATED and STILL PLAYING

TJ OSHIE (blues)

MIKE COMMODORE (blue jackets)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes) (down 3-2 vs new jersey)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks) (advanced to 2nd round)

ZACH PARISE (devils) (up 3-2 vs carolina)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils) (up 3-2 vs carolina)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks) (tied 2-2 vs calgary)

parise up for lady byng trophy. would be nice to see him nominated for the hart also. guess we'll find out next week. anyone know why they drag out these announcements? is it supposed to build anticipation? anyway, good for zpar!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419920

If anyone is home right now and has the NHL Network, Zach will be on NHL Live today at 1:05 pm.

Didn't know where else to put this but within this month's En Route Magazine Cassie Campbell of Hockey Night in Canada was interviewed and when asked to pick her favorite arena to train in she selected the Ralph. Her actual response is at the end of the article.

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/articles/cassie-campbell

Didn't know where else to put this but within this month's En Route Magazine Cassie Campbell of Hockey Night in Canada was interviewed and when asked to pick her favorite arena to train in she selected the Ralph. Her actual response is at the end of the article.

http://enroute.aircanada.com/en/articles/cassie-campbell

How in the world did she pick that one?

Uh, ... Campbell is married to Brad Pascall, an employee of Hockey Canada ... and a guy who skated in the old Engelstad Arena a couple times. :D

A few notes here and there:

1. Why any team would want Sean Avery on their team is still beyond me. He truly is the exception to my rule (fighters and instigators should contribute in some other way than the enforcer/agitator role). I wish he'd just be forced out. Maybe he can get a career on WEC or the WWE.

2. Folks, I hate to say this, especially since I'm pulling to Toews, but I think the Hawks are done. They played good enough at times even in the losses, but Calgary has just played better the past two games (and maybe for even longer despite the fact that the series is tied). I can't believe the weak goals Chicago gives up. I don't like Calgary (though I respect Phaneuf and Kipprusoff and Iginla), but I think they're just better right now than Chicago.

3. Thank you Boston for proving to everyone that Montreal had no business in the playoffs. And, he may be the future, but MY PARISE is Carey Price overrated. Yeah, he made a few great saves and was dominant in some portions of games, but he's EXTREMELY inconsistent. He reminds me of MA Fleury's first few years with Pittsburgh. Sorry Pens fans, but Fleury sucked his first few years. I actually think Halak is the better of the two goaltenders. Maybe Price will mature like Fleury did (though Fleury still stinks it up occasionally), but right now, he's not a go-to #1. And yeah, I know Montreal had injury problems, but how could anyone expect a team that relies on an overrated goaltender (Price) and an overrated and overhyped skater (Kovalev.. seriously... why they make him an Alternate Captain? He only shows up on Alternate occasions!) shouldn't be too surprised.

4. St. Louis doesn't have D.

5. San Jose is just amazing. I'm curious if Anaheim lets them stick around to see Game 6 or just finishes them off. Seriously, this Anaheim team reminds me a ton like their Stanley Cup winning team. Who the hell plays for them? A team of nothing specials and they go all the way. Losing to Anaheim isn't necessarily embarrassing, but I don't know if I'd be too happy to be a Shark fan right now.

6. There is NO REASON I can think of as to why the Devils insist on making their series a series.

7. I still could give crap zero about the Phi-Pit series. Who the hell cares.

8. Detroit got a wakeup call. Columbus was a great story and I was happy they made it, but they didn't expect Osgood to show up. He showed up for almost every game in the series except for Period 2 in Game 4. THAT period was precisely what I was expecting to see from Osgood. Seriously, they better look HARD at Game 4 if they expect to do anything in the next round. They better thank their lucky stars it was Columbus playing them and not... well... just about anyone else or Detroit would be in trouble. This team has played VERY well for 3 of 4 Playoff games thus far, but I still think they are a FAR CRY from the Finals. I can't imagine the Detroit of Game 4 doing anything against a team like Boston or New Jersey or Anaheim. Limit their offensive chances and make Osgood win the game for you and you've got Detroit's number still. Yeah, I'll be excited if they do repeat, but it still wouldn't stop me from being shocked about it too.

PS - Sioux Hab-It: Sorry for trashing your team like I did. Don't take it personally. A good deal of my disdain is thanks to the hockey media.

1. Why any team would want Sean Avery on their team is still beyond me. He truly is the exception to my rule (fighters and instigators should contribute in some other way than the enforcer/agitator role). I wish he'd just be forced out. Maybe he can get a career on WEC or the WWE.

2. Folks, I hate to say this, especially since I'm pulling to Toews, but I think the Hawks are done. They played good enough at times even in the losses, but Calgary has just played better the past two games (and maybe for even longer despite the fact that the series is tied). I can't believe the weak goals Chicago gives up. I don't like Calgary (though I respect Phaneuf and Kipprusoff and Iginla), but I think they're just better right now than Chicago.

3. Thank you Boston for proving to everyone that Montreal had no business in the playoffs. And, he may be the future, but MY PARISE is Carey Price overrated. Yeah, he made a few great saves and was dominant in some portions of games, but he's EXTREMELY inconsistent. He reminds me of MA Fleury's first few years with Pittsburgh. Sorry Pens fans, but Fleury sucked his first few years. I actually think Halak is the better of the two goaltenders. Maybe Price will mature like Fleury did (though Fleury still stinks it up occasionally), but right now, he's not a go-to #1. And yeah, I know Montreal had injury problems, but how could anyone expect a team that relies on an overrated goaltender (Price) and an overrated and overhyped skater (Kovalev.. seriously... why they make him an Alternate Captain? He only shows up on Alternate occasions!) shouldn't be too surprised.

6. There is NO REASON I can think of as to why the Devils insist on making their series a series.

8. Detroit got a wakeup call. Columbus was a great story and I was happy they made it, but they didn't expect Osgood to show up. He showed up for almost every game in the series except for Period 2 in Game 4. THAT period was precisely what I was expecting to see from Osgood. Seriously, they better look HARD at Game 4 if they expect to do anything in the next round. They better thank their lucky stars it was Columbus playing them and not... well... just about anyone else or Detroit would be in trouble. This team has played VERY well for 3 of 4 Playoff games thus far, but I still think they are a FAR CRY from the Finals. I can't imagine the Detroit of Game 4 doing anything against a team like Boston or New Jersey or Anaheim. Limit their offensive chances and make Osgood win the game for you and you've got Detroit's number still. Yeah, I'll be excited if they do repeat, but it still wouldn't stop me from being shocked about it too.

PS - Sioux Hab-It: Sorry for trashing your team like I did. Don't take it personally. A good deal of my disdain is thanks to the hockey media.

1.) Avery was benched tonight and the Crapitals won 4-0. Hum I wonder if there is something to that?

2.) Hey my friend I will bet you a beer that the Hawks win that series. ;)

3.) Price is a 21 year old on a team that had some series injury problems. It would be like the Sioux missing some of their core players and then having to play the 2008 Boston College Eagles. Not good.

6.) The Cans finished the season strong and it would surprise me to see them beat the Devils.

8.) Detroits goaltending sucks and they will pay for it in the second or third round.

Fear the Bruins they are like the Big Bad Bruins of old. Lucic is awesome. ;):D

Replies:

1. Uh... NYR doesn't play defense. That's why they call Lundquist "King." Avery going around cheap shotting people left and right doesn't make the team better. It only gives the other team more opportunities.

2. I don't want to bet against the Hawks, but right now the only two players I feel have been playing well for the Hawks the past two games have been Toews and maybe either Versteeg or Seabrook. But what the hell. You're on. I can't believe I'll be hoping to buy you a beer.

3. Maybe, but they were mediocre at best even before they got injured. They were this year's Minnesota Wild of the playoffs.

4. No doubt the Canes are making it interesting, but still.... NJ is far better than the Canes.

5. What's your point? PReaching to the choir? I love this Wings team offensively. Lidstrom is one of the best players in hockey. However, it's like having an Empty Net at times for goaltenders. I want the Wings to repeat, but I don't see it happening.

4. St. Louis doesn't have D.

5. San Jose is just amazing. I'm curious if Anaheim lets them stick around to see Game 6 or just finishes them off. Seriously, this Anaheim team reminds me a ton like their Stanley Cup winning team. Who the hell plays for them? A team of nothing specials and they go all the way. Losing to Anaheim isn't necessarily embarrassing, but I don't know if I'd be too happy to be a Shark fan right now.

7. I still could give crap zero about the Phi-Pit series. Who the hell cares.

How can you call Anaheim a team of nothings?? They have two of the best defenseman in the NHL in Pronger and Neidemeyer. Not to mention Selanne, Getzlaff, Perry and the rookie Ryan. Along with a lot of good role players. They are far from a team of nothings....

Selanne isn't as good as he used to. Niedermeyer and Pronger are good. Ryan is only a rookie but he looks to be ok. Getzlaf and Perry are good at their roles but hardly world beaters.

They aren't "nothings" but I don't think the team is anything truly that special. If they were, why would they be an 8 seed and not higher?

4. No doubt the Canes are making it interesting, but still.... NJ is far better than the Canes.

Any team who plays physical against the Devils has a good chance at beating them. With that said, the Canes haven't been that physical against them, though their 1st win, they dominated the game and deserved to win. The 2nd win...Devils came on strong in the last half of the game, and the Canes got a lucky bounce with .02 seconds left. Devils should win this series, but if the Canes pick up the physical game, they could easily win it.