SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

USA rallied to beat Latvia 4-2 at the 2009 Worlds and Drew Stafford scored their second goal. Although I heard he may be on his way to join the team, TJ Oshie didn't dress for the game.

RedWing77 I didn't take offence to your comments regarding my Habs as I pretty much agree. The Russians don't show up to play every game which is why I would just as soon they get moved elsewhere.

2. Folks, I hate to say this, especially since I'm pulling to Toews, but I think the Hawks are done. They played good enough at times even in the losses, but Calgary has just played better the past two games (and maybe for even longer despite the fact that the series is tied). I can't believe the weak goals Chicago gives up. I don't like Calgary (though I respect Phaneuf and Kipprusoff and Iginla), but I think they're just better right now than Chicago.

Hey Redwing77, did you want to recant your statement, the Hawks are rolling tonight. :)???

Selanne isn't as good as he used to. Niedermeyer and Pronger are good. Ryan is only a rookie but he looks to be ok. Getzlaf and Perry are good at their roles but hardly world beaters.

They aren't "nothings" but I don't think the team is anything truly that special. If they were, why would they be an 8 seed and not higher?

That is the way it goes sometimes in sports. Anaheim likely will beat San Jose so that proves their worth. Then they will give the Wings a run for their money.

i just can't take anything a fan of the redwings says to heart ??? No offense, of course. :)

Everyone has their opinions, and that is A-OK by me.

Ha, 5-1 I was watching it on Versus until the Sharks game and it was pretty exciting game.

I can't stand the Flames so that is nice to see.

That is the way it goes sometimes in sports. Anaheim likely will beat San Jose so that proves their worth. Then they will give the Wings a run for their money.

The Wings are going to be done. Mark my words the Ducks will beat them into submission.

First off, what a game for the Hawks. Finally they played a good game and capitolized on mistakes.

Second, I hope they continue it. I just can't see a Game 7 victory for the hawks. Game 6 will be key.

Third, I don't think Anaheim will sweep or blow away the Red Wings. However, if they play the Wings like they've played the Sharks, then we more than likely won't progress to the next round. Osgood is too much of a sieve this year.

Some rather overrated teams in the playoffs this year. I don't think the Rangers are all that strong but they're beating a Capitols team that doesnt play D. I don't see either team in the finals. Pittsburgh progressed but I don't like Pittsburgh more for the media attention. ESPN and NHL Network analysts nearly have orgasms every time Crosby dekes and they nearly pass out every time he scores or makes the primary assist.

Montreal was overrated and they're out. San Jose looks to be overrated too. They're barely hanging on. I expect Anaheim will take that series.

Philadelphia, St. Lous, and Columbus were just outmatched.

First off, what a game for the Hawks. Finally they played a good game and capitolized on mistakes.

Second, I hope they continue it. I just can't see a Game 7 victory for the hawks. Game 6 will be key.

Third, I don't think Anaheim will sweep or blow away the Red Wings. However, if they play the Wings like they've played the Sharks, then we more than likely won't progress to the next round. Osgood is too much of a sieve this year.

Some rather overrated teams in the playoffs this year. I don't think the Rangers are all that strong but they're beating a Capitols team that doesnt play D. I don't see either team in the finals. Pittsburgh progressed but I don't like Pittsburgh more for the media attention. ESPN and NHL Network analysts nearly have orgasms every time Crosby dekes and they nearly pass out every time he scores or makes the primary assist.

Montreal was overrated and they're out. San Jose looks to be overrated too. They're barely hanging on. I expect Anaheim will take that series.

Philadelphia, St. Lous, and Columbus were just outmatched.

Montreal had too many off ice problems this year that they never really righted the ship as much as the fans would've liked in their 100th year. San Jose always seems to choke when playoffs come and they're showing it again this year. Washington might end up coming back from a 3-1 hole if they play again on tuesday like they did today they'll beat the Rangers at home. I agree with the three teams who we're overmatched they never really had a shot, out played each game. I hate to say it but at the moment the Bruins look like the most complete team.

I want some of that action. Maybe a side bet on the Calgary series and the Wings not making it out of the conference playoffs this season. ???

Some rather overrated teams in the playoffs this year. I don't think the Rangers are all that strong but they're beating a Capitols team that doesnt play D.

I don't think that's really been true since game 1 (in which they definitely seemed to be trying harder to turn every play into an offensive opportunity than play the position, though there were also a couple times key defensemen just got undressed).

If anything, I would say the Caps struggles in the subsequent few games were offensive -- NYR had managed to shut down the top line and no one else seemed to think it was their job to try to score. Credit to Coach Boudreau for not letting the series be decided on Ovechkin vs Lundqvist. The offensive turnaround has been on the back of contributions from second lines and defensemen.

Austia - USA playing now in the WC. Live box score here.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/200/live/2314.html

I don't know if the linechart at the IIHF site is accurate but the USA has an interesting, all-WCHA 2nd line.

9 F OKPOSO Kyle

42 F BACKES David

74 F OSHIE T J

That was the line and they had their chances with Okposo missing a wide open net at one point. However other WCHA players and better yet Sioux players contributed to the 6-1 USA win as both Blake and Stafford had goals. I only wish I understood Swiss German.

NHL TONIGHT

zach parise and travis zajac and devils VS ryan bayda and carolina in GAME 7

ECHL PLAYOFFS UPDATE

JPL is tops in playoffs for goalies right now. 7gp, 3 shutouts, 9 total goals allowed. 1.28 gaa. .960 sv% WOW - JPL will get himself a crack in the AHL next season. no doubt

fabian doesnt seem to be on the playoff roster right now, not sure if hes hurt or healthy scratch

AHL UPDATE

hrkac and lundbohm playing still for houston and porter for peoria

FORMER SIOUX IN STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS - ELIMINATED and STILL PLAYING

TJ OSHIE (blues)

MIKE COMMODORE (blue jackets)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes) (-3 vs new jersey)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks) (advanced to 2nd round)

ZACH PARISE (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks) (advanced to 2nd round)

NHL TONIGHT

zach parise and travis zajac and devils VS ryan bayda and carolina in GAME 7

ECHL PLAYOFFS UPDATE

JPL is tops in playoffs for goalies right now. 7gp, 3 shutouts, 9 total goals allowed. 1.28 gaa. .960 sv% WOW - JPL will get himself a crack in the AHL next season. no doubt

fabian doesnt seem to be on the playoff roster right now, not sure if hes hurt or healthy scratch

AHL UPDATE

hrkac and lundbohm playing still for houston and porter for peoria

TJ OSHIE (blues)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes) (-3 vs new jersey)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks) (advanced to 2nd round)

ZACH PARISE (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils) (3-3 vs carolina)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks) (advanced to 2nd round)

Zajac and Parise set up a nice goal.

Yeah. NJ chose an ill opportuned time to suck.

Carolina faces Boston now. I have strong odds that, at best for Carolina, Boston takes it in 6.

Detroit plays Anaheim. Now, truthfully, Detroit should blow them out of the water. Reality-wise, part of me is saying 7 games.

I think the NHL analysts are far too complimentary of the Hawks D. I think Vancouver ends the Hawks' season... I'll say in 6. On a tangent, Luongo needs to get a new mask. His plain dirty white mask is UGLY.

Datsyuk takes the Selke Trophy again.

Washington's run ends in this next round.... I think they play Pittsburgh. Gosh... Two teams that are overhyped. I wish both teams could lose.

NHL on the Fly is going to be hard to watch. They'll spend 15 minutes of a 45 minute show analyzing every move Ovechkin makes and counteranalysing with Crosby's actions.

Top Losers of this year's playoffs thus far (in no particular order):

1. San Jose

2. Sean Avery

3. Donald Brashear

4. Mike Cammelleri

5. Cristobal Huet (ok, he never saw the ice, but I think that's the point. He was brought in to replace Khabibulin and he became a sieve-like $$$ benchwarmer)

6. New Jersey - Silver lining is that at least they made it a series... San Jose only made it close twice.

I'll add more, but right now, the only teams that get a pass on this list are Columbus and St. Louis. I think both teams did their very best to get where they ended up and could not be expected to have done more in the playoffs despite being swept.

TJ OSHIE (blues)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks)

ZACH PARISE (devils)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks)