SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

God I hope that gets the Toronto fans off his ass for a while they are Blake haters in Toronto.

Many of them are ready to send him packing and I am ready for the Wild to snatch him up.

Blake with leukemia plays all 82 games last year. Let's repeat that for emphasis. With leukemia. In the lineup every night. I know if I'm looking around for blame, I'd certainly point the finger at the guy with leukemia. Yes for $20mm the Leafs have a right to expect production. But really....

He's a great example of above average talent (but not great talent) with exceptional work ethic. And the prototype Sioux player of the late 90's - exceptional work ethics.

Blake with leukemia plays all 82 games last year. Let's repeat that for emphasis. With leukemia. In the lineup every night. I know if I'm looking around for blame, I'd certainly point the finger at the guy with leukemia. Yes for $20mm the Leafs have a right to expect production. But really....

He's a great example of above average talent (but not great talent) with exceptional work ethic. And the prototype Sioux player of the late 90's - exceptional work ethics.

What a contrast from one Marion Gaborik....

Zajac and Toews each with a goal so far tonight

Jonny Toews added an assist on the night in an OT loss. Kane with another no point performance...Jonny is slowly catching him.

Travis finished with the lone goal.

Jason Blaked had nothing going tonight after yesterdays huge 5 point performance.

Why does everyone want to see Blake in a Wild jersey?

First off, Blake and LeMaire would NOT get along. Blake wants to be an offensive force. Lemaire wants his forwards to be defensive stalwarts that can score. Not a good combo.

Secondly, he'd be hated here. Because he MIGHT get half of the offensive output.

If I were Jason, I'd tell my agent not to accept offers from the Wild. If I got traded to the Wild the first thing I'd do is demand a trade.

The Wild are now in the worst possible position for a team to be in regarding free agents. No high quality player wants anything to do with them because they see Minnesota as an end to their game style.

I say trade Gaborik for a few draft picks and a defenseman or defensive forward.

Why does everyone want to see Blake in a Wild jersey?

First off, Blake and LeMaire would NOT get along. Blake wants to be an offensive force. Lemaire wants his forwards to be defensive stalwarts that can score. Not a good combo.

Secondly, he'd be hated here. Because he MIGHT get half of the offensive output.

If I were Jason, I'd tell my agent not to accept offers from the Wild. If I got traded to the Wild the first thing I'd do is demand a trade.

The Wild are now in the worst possible position for a team to be in regarding free agents. No high quality player wants anything to do with them because they see Minnesota as an end to their game style.

I say trade Gaborik for a few draft picks and a defenseman or defensive forward.

JL is going to be gone after this season. The fans of the Wild are going to have their own Fire J Lemaire thread. :)

JL is going to be gone after this season. The fans of the Wild are going to have their own Fire J Lemaire thread. :)

I don't know about this.

I'd like to know what the Wild would be like with JL and a different GM and "system." Having ownership that is said to be willing to spend for the "right" player should be tested. Bring in a GM who is willing to pull the trigger on big name players and test that claim.

I don't know about this.

I'd like to know what the Wild would be like with JL and a different GM and "system." Having ownership that is said to be willing to spend for the "right" player should be tested. Bring in a GM who is willing to pull the trigger on big name players and test that claim.

I think you're going to see a house cleaning in the State of Hockey. There are a LOT of unhappy Wild fans and

they have become board with DR and JL. They can't get any good free agents to play in Lemaires system.

Players are tired of the games.

I think you're going to see a house cleaning in the State of Hockey. There are a LOT of unhappy Wild fans and

they have become board with DR and JL. They can't get any good free agents to play in Lemaires system.

Players are tired of the games.

I really don't follow the Wild that much because I don't like their style, or lack of, play and they don't have any college players. However, do you think they'll cut bait with a system that has brought them success both on the ice and revenue-wise because some fans are upset?

I really don't follow the Wild that much because I don't like their style, or lack of, play and they don't have any college players. However, do you think they'll cut bait with a system that has brought them success both on the ice and revenue-wise because some fans are upset?

On ice success? How?

As for revenue, that's Minnesota for you. Unlike with football and baseball, hockey is the big fish in Minnesota. They'll show up to the games.

It's a lot like UN Lincoln Husker football to a certain extent. They haven't been that good since 1995. However, everyone is rabid on them in Nebraska. They support their team.

Same thing with Wild fans really. They may not like where their team is heading, but they're not going to stop showing up.

And, for that, is one reason why I don't think they will change much. butts are in the seats, so why change things? Why spend more money on the team? I'd only be decreasing the profit margin.

However, do you think they'll cut bait with a system that has brought them success both on the ice and revenue-wise because some fans are upset?

Yes I do because Wild fans want to see the team make the next step. They are floundering right now and DR and JL are very unpopular and have run their course in Minnesota.

They've made it to the playoffs . . . a couple times . . .

I agree with you. I think they rest on the fact the they keep filling the seats and they're mostly treated with kid gloves.

That isn't cutting it anymore with the 18,000 fans.

I'm over the kid with a flag skating to center ice and the team of 18,000 bit. It was good marketing for a year or two. Now, they're well past due for putting a quality and entertaining product on the ice. It wouldn't hurt to draft or acquire a couple former WCHA players either.

They've made it to the playoffs . . . a couple times . . .

I agree with you. I think they rest on the fact the they keep filling the seats and they're mostly treated with kid gloves.

If making the finals once and the playoffs a couple of times is what it takes to have "on-ice success" then that really typifies Minnesota professional sports.

Mason and Green should sue their perspective teams for wrongful termination. Mason led the Gophers to bowl berths many times. I dont know nor care what the record is in those bowl games, but a bowl game is a bowl game regardless of the fact that there are 1000 of them.

Green made the playoffs a few times with the Queens and even the NFC Championship one year. Why was he fired again?

Why was the T-Wolves coach fired all those years back? Didn't Garnett get them to the playoffs and deep into the playoffs one year?

As for the Twins, Gardy is safe. He's won the (weak) division number of times and even made it to the ALCS a time or two. Forget the fact that we'll be entering year 18 since the last World Series appearance.

Gardy has an excuse in the fact that he had a cheap assed GM and owner. The T-Wolves coach was a victim of a retarded GM who happens to be able to star strike ownership and analysts. I mean, McHale is from Minnesota and he was great with the Celtics. Ergo, that means he's a great GM/coach/president.

No... I don't see the Wild being able to beat any of their division's top tier teams unless Backstrom pulls a Dallas-era Belfour or the 1995 Brodeur and simply not allow any more than 1-2 goals per game. They have NO scoring and no offensively minded forwards want a piece of this system because they can't go out and just score. They have to play defense first.

Wow Parise is having a great year! He has made himself a rich man!

Yes indeed.

Zajac's was his 14th of the year . . . he had 14 all of last season.

Parise's was his 26th of the year, putting him 4 goals (I think) off the league lead. He also assisted on Travis' goal, so I believe he's up to 52 points on the season.

Yes indeed.

Zajac's was his 14th of the year . . . he had 14 all of last season.

Parise's was his 26th of the year, putting him 4 goals (I think) off the league lead. He also assisted on Travis' goal, so I believe he's up to 52 points on the season.

Yep. League leader has 30. Jeff Carter of Philly.

oshie logged 21:21 icetime and scored in his shootout attempt as the blues won in OT

landon wilson was placed on injured reserve. he was playing decent since being called up so thats a bummer for him and the stars

bayda 6:31 in TOI in 2-0 win

stafford 17:41 TOI in shootout win

zajac 15:29 TOI and parise with his 27th goal of the year and 15:08 TOI in 3-1 win - parise tied with vanek for 3rd in nhl in goals and 8th in nhl with 52 points

per brad

Toews, Parise in Skills Competition

Today, the NHL announced that both Jonathan Toews and Zach Parise will compete in the Skills Competition, which will take place at 6 p.m. Saturday on Versus.

Toews will compete in the shooting accuracy drill, while Parise will take part in the fastest skater competition. Here are the rosters for both.

Fastest skater (one full lap around the ice)

Zach Parise, New Jersey

Jeff Carter, Philadelphia

Brian Campbell, Chicago

Jay Bouwmeester, Florida

Defending champ Shawn Horcoff not in it.

Accuracy (four shots at four targets)

Jonathan Toews, Chicago

Tomas Caberle, Toronto (defending champ)

Ilya Kovalchuk, Atlanta

Jarome Iginla, Calgary

Dany Heatley, Ottawa

Marc Savard, Boston

Mike Modano, Dallas

Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh

Hardest shot

Shelden Souray, Edmonton

Zdeno Chara, Boston (defending champ, 103.2 mph)

Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay

Mark Streit, Montreal

Shea Weber, Nashville

Mike Komisarek, Montreal

Breakaway challenge (fans determine winner by best move)

Alexander Ovechkin, Washington

Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim

Alex Kovalev, Montreal

Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh

Patrick Kane, Chicago