SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Great Quote by Fighting Sioux Jason Blake

I'm sure that some of you have already heard this before, but I hadn't....

After he scored a big goal in a win over Minnesota, he further antagonized the Gophers by skating down the row of Gophers on their bench as to “high-five” them.

It was more than Gopher coach Doug Woog could take.

“Hey Blake, how does it feel to be a 25-year-old junior?” Woog screamed out at Blake.

“I’m only 24,” Blake reportedly shot back. “And you know what? I’ll be back next year — and you won’t.”

:D

The Hawks look awful tonight.

Huet is a sieve and got replaced. Khabibulin has no rhythm and cannot get into a groove. Toews took an AWFUL penalty cross checking a guy to the mouth. Not a cool thing to do. I don't think it was a cheap shot. He just was stupid. I don't think the Canucks think it was a cheap shot nor intentional either.

Hawks now down 5-0.

2 of the 5 goals were not the goalie's fault.

That's feakin awesome. Spiewak was a pretty solid player at Und as I recall, the kid had some serious wheels, and was great on the pk as I remember.

I think it was Spiewak's freshman year in the playoffs and Commodore took a stupid penalty. Spiewak scored a shorty that pretty much clinched the game.

If I remember right Commie said the plan was to have Speiwak score the shortie or something like that. :D

I think it was Spiewak's freshman year in the playoffs and Commodore took a stupid penalty. Spiewak scored a shorty that pretty much clinched the game.

If I remember right Commie said the plan was to have Speiwak score the shortie or something like that. :D

FF4 Semi-final game against Maine, correct?

FF4 Semi-final game against Maine, correct?

I even remember where I was then!

Third floor, Swanson Hall common area watching it on the tube.

We had a blast with that goal thanks to that goaltender's interview about his white mask.

"I want to be like a ghost on the ice" or something like that. What it really means is that he was a sieve who was too cheap to get his helmet painted.

And an assist on the Devils 2nd goal....32nd assist.

And another PPG . . . now at 34.

Devils tried really hard to get Parise the 'trick but to no avail . . . he should get an assist as someone did get the ENG.

So tonight: Parise 2G + 2A and Zajac: 2A

Cynic update:

Khabibulin is injured. Blackhawks now have a huge five hole in net.

Start up the Mac Truck, it fits between Huet's legs!

And just to prove I'm not a complete homer:

Osgood snapped a 7 game streak of allowing more than 3 goals per game. It took a game against the Mild to do it. Seriously! Like the Mild would put up that kind of numbers. They've only done that what... 5...6 times this year? They're like a 94 Ford Probe at an NHRA Drag race competition. Nice sleek lines but no power.

Hey Osgood... one word for you buddy: SUCK.

Seriously, I love my Wings but it's going to be heartbreaking to see them exit within the first two rounds of the playoffs. Their D isn't exactly up to par this year and their goaltending is sucktastic.

Cynic update:

Khabibulin is injured. Blackhawks now have a huge five hole in net.

Start up the Mac Truck, it fits between Huet's legs!

And just to prove I'm not a complete homer:

Osgood snapped a 7 game streak of allowing more than 3 goals per game. It took a game against the Mild to do it. Seriously! Like the Mild would put up that kind of numbers. They've only done that what... 5...6 times this year? They're like a 94 Ford Probe at an NHRA Drag race competition. Nice sleek lines but no power.

Hey Osgood... one word for you buddy: SUCK.

Seriously, I love my Wings but it's going to be heartbreaking to see them exit within the first two rounds of the playoffs. Their D isn't exactly up to par this year and their goaltending is sucktastic.

Hey now...I had a 94 Ford Probe GT....be nice. My first car!

The Devils put up a nice season highlight video here.

Scroll to the 0:30 sec mark and they show the tandem hit on Gerbe by Parise and Langenbrunner that knocked him out of the NHL.

Some Devils postgame interviews: Zajac, Parise

Zajac article: Winnipeg Free Press . . . there was another article on him where it's revealed that his linemates have started calling him "The Godfather" (Old School reference) but I can't seem to find it now.

Also, what is this All Star video that has Parise lamenting the fact that he can't get on Brad Miller Time? I would love to see that.