SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I went to the Canes-Blues game tonight to see Oshie for the first time since I (and he) left UND. It was odd rooting against him tonight, but I had to. He had no points, but was on the ice for the Blues' only goal (by Backes, so WCHA represented at least). I got lots of great shots of him in the pregame skate and will post those when I have the time to get it all up online.

Oshie was actually credited with an assist on Backes's goal.

Oshie was actually credited with an assist on Backes's goal.

Interesting. they didn't announce it that way at the game, but now that I watch the highlights, it looks like he was dropping back into their defensive zone, scooted it over to Jackman who threw it up to Backes.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main

parise, zajac and lee playing in same game today. lee with a assist so far

smaby also in again. maybe hes finally getting his shot. great to see

toews to play later for chi town

ryan jonson and canucks vs landon wilson and stars as well

david hale also for coyotes tonight

UPDATE - here is the link to the former player page - you can click on most to get stats. some may not be updated by hockeydb or eurohockey.net

FORMER PLAYERS from AZSIOUX.COM

CURRENT PLAYERS

NHL

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils

Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks

T.J. Oshie - St. Louis Blues

Ryan Bayda - Carolina

Brian Lee- Ottawa(*)/Binghamton

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils

Matt Smaby - Tampa Bay Lightning(*)/Norfolk

Brandon Bochenski - Tampa Bay Lightning/Norfolk(*)

Landon Wilson - Dallas Stars

Matt Jones - Phoenix Coyotes/San Antonio(*)

Drew Stafford - Buffalo Sabres

Mike Commodore - Columbus Blue Jackets

Jason Blake - Toronto Maple Leafs

Ryan Johnson - Vancouver Canucks

Matt Greene - Los Angeles Kings

Taylor Chorney - Edmonton Oilers/Springfield(*)

David Hale - Phoenix Coyotes

AHL

Rylan Kaip - Atlanta Thrashers/Chicago Wolves(*)

Karl Goehring - Manitoba Moose

Robbie Bina - Springfield(AHL)(*)/Stockton(ECHL)

Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux - Peoria(AHL)/Alaska(ECHL)(*)

Chris Porter - Peoria(*)/St. Louis

Bryan Lundbohm - Houston

Andy Schneider - Portland

ECHL

Kyle Radke - Idaho Steelheads

Erik Fabian - Alaska Aces

CHL

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado Eagles

SWISS ELITE

Jeff Ulmer - Fribourg-Gotteron

Brady Murray - HC Lugano

Lee Goren - Zug*

Travis Roche - SC Burn

Curtis Murphy - Lugano

Brad Defauw - Nordsjaelland Cobras

Nick Naumenko - Ambri-Piotta

SWEDEN

Colby Genoway - Mora IK

David Lundbohm - V

Got to watch Smaby last night when the Lightning played my Canes. He looked pretty good. I asked some Bolts fans about his play, and these are some of the responses I got:

He had a great game tonight, used his body and made some nice longer passes, otherwise he kept it simple and I think he was quite much better than Mihalik.

I am impressed by his physical play and hope he stays up for good. He has improved by leaps and bounds from what we saw last year.

although he has only been called up to fill in for injuries, he's made the most of his time here. Really impressed by him, and he's really making a case to stay here. He was given 18+ and 21+ minutes against the Caps and Canes recently and the kid uses his body better than some of the vets we have up here.

sounds like he is doing much better. he took a dumb, obvious elbowing penalty late in the game vs. Carolina the other night though.

Wow Commie is doing great this year. Still think it is because of the system there, and not cause Laviolette didnt know how to use him here in Carolina. Although I would be interested to see how he would do with Maurice here now.

An interesting tidbit. I knew that the first hockey game I ever went to was an NHL game between the Hurricanes and the Stars during the 1997-1998 season and that the Hurricanes lost. When I looked it up, it turns out they lost 6-1. That I remembered at that point. What I didn't know until I read the rosters was that TONY FRIGGIN HRKAC was playing for Dallas at that time. Not sure what kinda TOI he had, but I do know he had 1 SOG and that was it. But talk about a nice surprise. Knowing now that, although I don't remember it, but I have seen one of the greatest Sioux players of all time skate on the ice, just is awesome to know. Oh yeah, and Belfour was the goalie. That, not so cool to know now, just because of all the crap surrounding him, but Hrkac, wow. Being that I am a newbie (relatively speaking....2.5 years now) to Sioux hockey, it is a huge thing for me to find out about that.

just got back from watchig toews play phx tonight. WOW is he good. havent seen him live in a while and hes so smooth. 2 goals and 1 assist. not sure if the 1st goal will hold up as his or his assist. either way he deserves his starting spot on that all star team. hale was solid on D for the yotes but a embarassing effort from phx. the sioux could have played the hawks better and thats not a joke. tey were awful

just got back from watchig toews play phx tonight. WOW is he good. havent seen him live in a while and hes so smooth. 2 goals and 1 assist. not sure if the 1st goal will hold up as his or his assist. either way he deserves his starting spot on that all star team. hale was solid on D for the yotes but a embarassing effort from phx. the sioux could have played the hawks better and thats not a joke. tey were awful

Great news since I have him in my fantasy team.

Zach Parise officially named an All-Star. Congrats to Zach!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=402847

All-Star Game Rosters

Zach's Mom was so excited, but his Dad quickly reminded him that he needs 2 more appearances to top him. Perhaps Zach will earn another plastic star trophy at this game. :)

Zajac just hit Zach in the head with a puck during the game vs. Atl. :sad: He's okay though.

They're doing a feature on Stafford and his love of music on the NHL network right now. Showed pics of him with Jordan Parise and he talked about how Parise is playing in Austria so they have a long distance relationship - they're still in a band together with a few other guys.

Stafford played the drums, recorded it on his computer, then played it back while he played the guitar with it while wearing a big black '80's hair wig and big moustache. Pretty cool.

Parise and Zajac vs. Matt Greene's LA Kings tonight.

Parise and Greener were roommates at UND, no?

Zajac with a PP Goal in the first, tipped a shot from the point.

Zach scores his 100th career goal in the 2nd to give the Devs a 3 - 0 lead.