SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Toews got an empty netter in the Hawks' 3-1 win over the Canucks.

He also had an assist.

The Empty netter wasn't that big of a deal. The assist was beautiful.

Having watched the game, it was very interesting to see it happen. The Canucks were very preoccupied with Toews and Kane. Sharp and Ladd had opportunity after opportunity.

Truthfully, Vancouver outplayed Chicago badly. Especially in the third period.

Amazingly Huet didn't suck. It's the first time I've ever been able to claim that Huet actually played like an NHL goaltender.

There were MANY missed calls, including one that would have sent Toews to the box for tripping. I couldn't believe it. Overt, right in front of the ref and Toews didn't even try to hide it. No call.

Back and forth so darned much I wonder if he actually left Binghamton to begin with.

hes only been up a couple times this year so far like smaby has. he will get his turn. sometimes it takes a year or 2 to get situated and find their spot. sometimes its all about the numbers game

hes only been up a couple times this year so far like smaby has. he will get his turn. sometimes it takes a year or 2 to get situated and find their spot. sometimes its all about the numbers game

Yeah, I hope so.

Perhaps because Ottawa sucks so badly that Lee will finally get an opportunity to stick up at the NHL long enough to actually develop at that level.

They need a puck moving defenseman but they are unwilling to let Lee become that.

Just Curious, When Oshie committed to North Dakota when he was in High School, what were the other schools he got interest from and turned down?

Good question! I don't recall hearing anything about other schools recruiting him. Then again, up until he committed, I never heard of Oshie.

Anyone have the link to the HFBoards showing the posts those people posted when Oshie was drafted? I think it was all on the variation of "Who the EFF is Oshie?" :ohmy:

Just Curious, When Oshie committed to North Dakota when he was in High School, what were the other schools he got interest from and turned down?

IIRC, there was interest from some other WCHA schools like Denver and Wisco. I believe some MJ teams may have been interested as well. However, it's been a few years, and I could be mistaken. :ohmy:;)

Devils just had their Christmas party . . .

Zach Parise claimed he was one of the top contenders in the ugliest Christmas sweater contest the players had at their annual team holiday party last week. No actual winner was selected.

"I think I was pretty close," Parise said. "It was gross. I bought it at a thrift shop."

It was ugly, but that's how the Devils' Christmas party was supposed to be.

When Devils players and families got together last week for their annual Christmas party, it was an Ugly Sweater Party theme.

No one was declared the winner, but several were in the running.

"I think I was pretty close," Zach Parise said. "Mine was nasty, with vents up the side. I went by a thrift shop and saw it."

There are rumors that Brian Gionta's sweater came out of his own closet.

"I was in the running," Gionta admitted, "but I don't know if I won. You can't vote for yourself. I don't think we ever got a winner."

I'd love some pictures of that contest.

Source and Source