former sioux tonight

http://www.nhl.com/scores/index.html?navid=NAV|SCR|Main

zach parise and travis zajac and new jersey vs canadiens

jason blake and toronto vs bruins

drew stafford and buffalo vs matt smaby and lightining

tj oshie and blues vs jon toews and blackhawks

matt greene and LA vs avalanche

mike commodore and columbus vs flames

Travis Zajac just cashed in on Carey Price.

The price is wrong, *****. :)

Parise with the primary assist. That's 15 goals for Zajac on the year.

Parise and Zajac combined for an incredible shift in the waning seconds of the 2nd period. They take my breath away sometimes. Their ability to rush and backcheck is incredible.

wow zajac has really stepped his game p this season and making a case for a nice contract in the next couple years

he had another goal last night while parise had 1-1=2

zajac has 15-21=36 pts as of now through 47 games while having 42 pts his rookie year and 34 all of last year

Lammy lets in 1 goal on 9 shots in his period of action in the ECHL All Star game yesterday, the other two goalies on his team let in 5 apiece. Maybe they should of just kept Lammy in.

good for JPL, he should get a serious shot in the AHL from how he has played so far this season

The Aces would REALLY be hurting if JPL left though.

I read somewhere that Marek Schwarz bolted for the Czech league. Somewhat surprising as I saw him at the U20 WJC a few years back and he looked alright.

His stats showed he wasn't all that great, though.

According to the roster, he's the ONLY goaltender listed.

The Aces would REALLY be hurting if JPL left though.

I read somewhere that Marek Schwarz bolted for the Czech league. Somewhat surprising as I saw him at the U20 WJC a few years back and he looked alright.

His stats showed he wasn't all that great, though.

According to the roster, he's the ONLY goaltender listed.

echl teams have different goalies probably every season with how players go and come into that league. i always thought jpl would be a career ahl or overseas goalie and do very well.

I was wondering how everyone's favorite non-Sioux player was doing this year....

29 games played

19 goals

15 assists

34 points

....for....

Mr. Nathan Gerbe. Not too bad for what size he is, but he proved he can play in the Frozen Four last year no doubt. He even got 6 games in the big show, tallying just 1 assist.

I was wondering how everyone's favorite non-Sioux player was doing this year....

29 games played

19 goals

15 assists

34 points

....for....

Mr. Nathan Gerbe. Not too bad for what size he is, but he proved he can play in the Frozen Four last year no doubt. He even got 6 games in the big show, tallying just 1 assist.

hes gona be a heck of a nhl player. i saw that game he was called up for and he was playing with vanek and stafford. im a big gerbe fan amnd he will be up with buffalo next year and then on as buffalo always has their young guys play a year in the AHL usually

hes gona be a heck of a nhl player. i saw that game he was called up for and he was playing with vanek and stafford. im a big gerbe fan amnd he will be up with buffalo next year and then on as buffalo always has their young guys play a year in the AHL usually

My favorite part of Gerbe's stint in the NHL was watching Parise and Jamie Langenbrunner double team him and lay him out on the blueline as he tried to carry the puck out of the zone. He left the game injured, sat out for the next week, then got sent back down.

He also got run to the ditch by Brian Gionta. :)

No offense to any Gerbe fans but it's nice to see him get his after all the crap he pulled in the NCAA.

My favorite part of Gerbe's stint in the NHL was watching Parise and Jamie Langenbrunner double team him and lay him out on the blueline as he tried to carry the puck out of the zone. He left the game injured, sat out for the next week, then got sent back down.

He also got run to the ditch by Brian Gionta. :)

No offense to any Gerbe fans but it's nice to see him get his after all the crap he pulled in the NCAA.

i hear ya but i respect good players no matter what and thats what he is. he will have a long and productive nhl career like him or not

I agree with AZ.

I thought Wheeler was showing every sign of being a bust being picked #5 overall. He was good at Blake. But he wasn't tearing up the USHL (Brad Miller almost kept up with him for much of the season I can remember) and he wasn't really that dominant at UMN. In fact, I'd say Stoa has been more dominant in limited time than Wheeler was.

So he bolts just to brush off Phoenix (which again surprised me because Gretzky was absolutely star struck with him) and signed with Boston. And now he's pretty gosh darn good. Who knew.

I knew Vanek and Kessel would be good at the NHL level. I didn't expect Kessel to be as good as he is this soon after turning pro. It took Vanek longer, IIRC.

Yeah, Gopher obsession continues.

But let's go elsewhere:

1. Who'dathunk that Army's Dan Hinote would have a long NHL career?

2. How about former Vermont goaltender Tim Thomas?

3. Andrew Murray of BSU... REally?

4. Ok, less so, but what about Andy Greene from either OSU or Miami or some red and white colored jersey from the CCHA?

5. Of course, Vermont's Martin St. Louis, UMD's (briefly) Brett Hull...

There's a long list. Hey, just remembered. Joel Otto. He's had a huge career. Not hall of fame. Certain not all star either. But how many DII/DIII players (BSU was DII or DIII at the time) can you think of that played more than 5 years in the NHL? Joel played 15! the only other player I can think of was DIII Norwich's Keith Aucoin. However, he's only played parts of 4 seasons in the NHL and never more than 38 games during any single season.