SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I saw that he was on the roster also so I figured they may have done that to give the younger players some more playing time.

yeah usually those tryouts are just for the last however many games they have til playoffs if that team makes it then the team will bring a few top players down to help them in their playoff run so the tryout players sit

Toews has played very well... but there's something about the game...

Chicago turns it on and then simmers down.

Calgary's been consistent. Not overpowering, but relentless. Now they're up 2-1.

I really think this game is Calgary's to lose. Especially since the second goal was WEAK.

Toews has played very well... but there's something about the game...

Chicago turns it on and then simmers down.

Calgary's been consistent. Not overpowering, but relentless. Now they're up 2-1.

I really think this game is Calgary's to lose. Especially since the second goal was WEAK.

Hawks really miss Kane's puck wizardry. Otherwise, the difference in game 3 has been a soft goal vs a couple posts. If Toews gets that one back when it was 1-1, this might have been a different outcome.

Calgary gooning it up at the end of game 3. First Bourque, then Iginla going after Burish, who must have Hextall on speed dial. ... This one is old time hockey...

Two former Wisconsin badgers going after each other.

The web site says that he played in 2 games. He had 0 points, was a +2 and had 4 penalty minutes. He has not appeared in any of the 3 playoff games.

correct

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=83839

these tryout players usually dont see time in playoffs, mostly just end of season stints when the college season is over

I would think that they would play the best players they have

which is why you see a few very good young nhl players that have the option to come down for the playoffs play over tryout players they bring in

also im not sure if tryout players can play in playoffs or not depending on how late they arrive in the season, cant remember on this

Though it's early in the playoffs...top 3 in NHL +/- 1) Zach Parise 2) Jonathan Toews 3) Travis Zajac

Yesterday on XM's "Hockey this Morning" Pierre McQuire had this to say about the New Jersey-Carolina series..."Too much Parise, too much Zajac....too much North Dakota!" :D

bayda and canes win with .8 seconds left, could have been worse for zajac and parise...they could have lost with .1 seconds left :D

tj oshie and the blues fall short and get swept by vancouver. hell of a rookie year for tj and the blues as well. that will be a team to reckoned with next season when they get EJ back and add another great young talent. the blues are for real again!

first former sioux to move on is ryan johnson with vancouver, congrats to ryan

zajac and parise tied up at 2 games with ryan bayda carolina

commodore and bluejackets go down 3-0 to detroit

toews and the hawks play game 4 wednesday night, hawks are up 2-1 in this series

FORMER SIOUX IN STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS - ELIMINATED and STILL PLAYING

TJ OSHIE (blues)

MIKE COMMODORE (blue jackets)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks)

ZACH PARISE (devils)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils)

JONATHAN TOEWS (blackhawks)

bayda and canes win with .8 seconds left, could have been worse for zajac and parise...they could have lost with .1 seconds left :D

The Canes scored with 0.2 seconds left in regulation. That is like the end of the Sioux game against the Wildcats. Yikes.

tj oshie and the blues fall short and get swept by vancouver. hell of a rookie year for tj and the blues as well. that will be a team to reckoned with next season when they get EJ back and add another great young talent. the blues are for real again!

toews and the hawks play game 4 wednesday night, hawks are up 2-1 in this series

TJ OSHIE (blues)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks)

ZACH PARISE (devils)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils)

I wonder if Osh is a candidate to join Team USA for the WC in Swiss?

TJ OSHIE (blues)

RYAN BAYDA (hurricanes)

RYAN JOHNSON (canucks)

ZACH PARISE (devils)

TRAVIS ZAJAC (devils)

commodore should be pink as the jackets will be gone very,very soon

Maybe, but after watching him play in the playoffs something tells me he was nursing an injury. I could be wrong, but he didn't seem all there.

maybe as he had that high ankle sprain earlier in the year but he still was full tilt every play from what i watched all 4 games. the blues as a whole couldnt get by luango. that guys a perfect goalie to get a team very far. dam hes good.