SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I see what you mean as much as I like watching Boogaard beat the hell out of people he is one of the most one dimensional

players, he is fighter period. An insurance policy.

I'm more like "meh" when it comes to fights. I don't care either way. But I think the team that contributes the most from top of the active roster to the bottom of the active roster is the team that is going to be dangerous down the stretch.

I can't see that happening with one dimensional players on the team when that one dimension is fighting. One dimensional players exist in the NHL.... stay at home defensemen for example. However, even the one dimensional goal scorer can be covered and legitimized on an NHL roster. He may get burned a few times and be relatively nonexistant in his own zone (see Vanek in UMN days) but you know that he's contributing by advancing the score by 1 as many times as possible.

Boogaard can fight... really well... but that's about all he can do. I say make Clutterbuck the Boogaard and trade Boogaard this off season for a draft pick.

And stop drafting fighters that fit the Boogaard model.

The Clutterbucks and Lucic's of the NHL are the future of enforcers in the league.

I say make Clutterbuck the Boogaard and trade Boogaard this off season for a draft pick.

The Clutterbucks and Lucic's of the NHL are the future of enforcers in the league.

I don't see the Boogey man getting traded, he is one of the most popular players in Minnesota

and he is an insurance policy and takes care of jobs that are to big for Cal Clutterbuck.

Clutterbuck is not a heavy weight like Boogey.

I don't see the Boogey man getting traded, he is one of the most popular players in Minnesota

and he is an insurance policy and takes care of jobs that are to big for Cal Clutterbuck.

Clutterbuck is not a heavy weight like Boogey.

Boogaard is a lightweight when it comes to ALL THINGS NOT FIGHTING.

Take your pick.

I'd trade Boogaard, popular or not, in a SECOND for a sixth round pick. Remember, there are gems in the late rounds potentially....

like Brett Hull, Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Luc Robitaille, and I'm sure I'm missing a few others.

CBJ-STL would be good for the blues, bad for the jackets. the blues have beaten us every time but one this year.

Commie may have broken out the robe tonight vs. minne. His hair certainly was awesome tonight. ha

There was several commie impersonators in the crowd(red poofy wigs, robes, etc...)

The Columbus announcers are the worst homers I've ever heard.

agreed, we have been calling for them to be fired for years, but nothing has happened. I listen to radio guys while watching, cause they are awesome. I think our color guy is doing the job for the sake of doing it. He loves the game, he may be a future HOF'er. He played for the wings and sabres for years and has won a couple cups. Danny Gare is a great hockey mind, he just doesn't have the skills for broadcasting.

Finley fought Paul Bissonette(sp) and got his azz handed to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAF1z-uAPFw

Joe's got a lot to learn when it comes to fighting. Don't forget it's been at least four years since he's been it one. He's got to use that reach to protect himself. Even Lee has that figured out. He did get one thing right. He did take off his helmet (half shield) I'm sure Bissonette appreciated that. As a big rookie d-man Finley was going to get challenged and it appeared that Bissonette is a bonafide tough guy. I loved how Bissonette blew on his knuckles on the way into the box. Kinda like a old west gunsliner blowing the smoke of his gun.

Did anyone else catch Don Cherry's take on Brian Lee Saturday night? Lee was hacking away at a Leaf player's ankles but skated away and backed down from a potential fight. Cherry basically said kids watching should learn from this and not play like Brian Lee and his cowardly play. Some of the comments seemed anti-college hockey but still some funny stuff right there.

Did anyone else catch Don Cherry's take on Brian Lee Saturday night? Lee was hacking away at a Leaf player's ankles but skated away and backed down from a potential fight. Cherry basically said kids watching should learn from this and not play like Brian Lee and his cowardly play. Some of the comments seemed anti-college hockey but still some funny stuff right there.

You know he does have a point if you're going to hack away on some one ankle with your carbon fiber stick you should be expect to fight. Turtling is not cool. That being said Cherry is an entertainer and old school.

Finley fought Paul Bissonette(sp) and got his azz handed to him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAF1z-uAPFw

After seeing that, I guess I'm now glad that we didn't see Finley fight while at UND. I knew there was a reason for his always leaving the tough guy role to Rylan Kaip. Right now the Washington GM is thinking, jeez, I got myself a 6'7" 250 lb defenseman that you need a sundial to time his speed, an hourglass to time his windup on his slapshot, and to top it all off, the guy can't fight.

You know he does have a point if you're going to hack away on some one ankle with your carbon fiber stick you should be expect to fight. Turtling is not cool. That being said Cherry is an entertainer and old school.

i agree that you shouldn't use dirty stickwork, and then fail the answer the call if someone challenges you. on the other note, i think cherry i overdue to be put out to pasture. i understand he is/was a canadian icon and caters only to that, but his anti-anything that is not canadian schtick is getting old, maybe even to his canadian viewers, although i guess i won't speak for them. and yes i understand he says what he says to get a rise from people and viewership, but it's still tiresome nonetheless. i'd be interested to hear what our fellow canadians think, ive always wondered if he was really as revered as they make him out to be.

Do you have a date on the Don Cherry piece on Brian Lee. I have watched all the "Coach's Corner" clips and don't remember hearing these comments. I like Don which makes me old school, I guess. I didn't watch many UND games when Lee was playing. If that is his style of play (stickwork & turtle) no wonder he seems to not have a big fan club around here.

Hopefully Joe Finley gets some fight training in the off season. Having his size and not being able to fight well may limit his future.

TJ Oshie, wow he got a lot of votes in that Goal of the Year thing. I wonder if they could tell if more than one vote came from one computer. I voted probably 50 times in the last 2 hours and couldn't see a percentage change. LOL :silly:

I don't discount what Lee did if it's true, but Cherry is a d-bag to the max. If it ain't Canadian, it ain't good. He's just a loud-mouth know-it-all that likes to hear his own voice (just like me :silly: ).

He should learn to dress and act with some more class. A lot of his stuff he says is actually pretty true and he says stuff no one else has the guts to say, but a lot of the stuff he says is just dumb and immature as well.