SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I don't discount what Lee did if it's true, but Cherry is a d-bag to the max. If it ain't Canadian, it ain't good. He's just a loud-mouth know-it-all that likes to hear his own voice (just like me :silly: )

Well this clip from Don Cherry pretty much sums up you opinion, he doesn't the coach of the Leafs I because he is an American.

Do you have a date on the Don Cherry piece on Brian Lee. I have watched all the "Coach's Corner" clips and don't remember hearing these comments. I like Don which makes me old school, I guess. I didn't watch many UND games when Lee was playing. If that is his style of play (stickwork & turtle) no wonder he seems to not have a big fan club around here.

Hopefully Joe Finley gets some fight training in the off season. Having his size and not being able to fight well may limit his future.

TJ Oshie, wow he got a lot of votes in that Goal of the Year thing. I wonder if they could tell if more than one vote came from one computer. I voted probably 50 times in the last 2 hours and couldn't see a percentage change. LOL :silly:

Not a good fight for Finley....ouch!!

Actually Kaip did the same thing against the MSU guy....punching with the jersey over his head.

exactly, he did the same thing. finley got beat. oh well. he will get better at it with time. nice to see kozek doing well already!!

latest update around the world for former sioux - i know i have a few wrong so if anyone knows of any errors please pm me. thanks!

www.azsioux.com

former player direct link

http://ryan85268.tripod.com/id21.html

CURRENT COACHES

NCAA

Dave Hakstol - Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Cary Eades - Associate Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Dane Jackson - Assistant Coach, University of North Dakota

Scott Sandelin - Head Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Lee Davidson - Assistant Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Tony Hrkac - Head Coach, Concordia University.Wisconsin Div-3

Mike Possin - Assistant Coach, St. Johns University - Div-3

ACHA

Mark Berge - Head Coach, Univ of Oklahoma.(College Club)

ECHL

John Marks - Head Coach, Augusta

Dane Litke - Assistant Coach, Augusta

Tim O'Connell - Assistant Coach, Stockton

NHL

Dave Tippett - Head Coach, Dallas Stars

Rick Wilson - Assistant Coach, Dallas Stars

James Patrick - Assistant Coach, Buffalo Sabres

Steve Peters - Video Coach, Phoenix Coyotes

NAHL

Craig Ludwig - Assistant Coach, Texas Tornado

USHL

Chad Johnson - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

Jason Herter - Assistant Coach, Fargo Force

CURRENT PLAYERS

NHL

Zach Parise - New Jersey Devils

Jonathan Toews - Chicago Blackhawks

T.J. Oshie - St. Louis Blues

Ryan Bayda - Carolina

Brian Lee- Ottawa

Travis Zajac - New Jersey Devils

Matt Smaby - Tampa Bay Lightning

Brandon Bochenski - Tampa Bay Lightning(*)/Norfolk

Landon Wilson - Dallas Stars

Matt Jones - Phoenix Coyotes/San Antonio(*)

Drew Stafford - Buffalo Sabres

Mike Commodore - Columbus Blue Jackets

Jason Blake - Toronto Maple Leafs

Ryan Johnson - Vancouver Canucks

Matt Greene - Los Angeles Kings

Taylor Chorney - Edmonton Oilers

David Hale - Phoenix Coyotes

AHL

Andrew Kozek - Chicago Wolves(*)/Atlanta Thrashers

Ryan Duncan - Bridgeport Sound Tigers(*)/Ny Islanders

Joe Finley - Hershey Bears(*)/Washington Capitols

Rylan Kaip - Atlanta Thrashers/Chicago Wolves(*)

Karl Goehring - Manitoba Moose

Robbie Bina - Springfield(AHL)(*)/Stockton(ECHL)

Jean-Phillipe Lamoureux - Peoria(AHL)/Alaska(ECHL)(*)

Chris Porter - Peoria(*)/St. Louis

Bryan Lundbohm - Houston

Andy Schneider - Portland

ECHL

Kyle Radke - Idaho Steelheads

Erik Fabian - Alaska Aces

CHL

Aaron Schneekloth - Colorado Eagles

SWISS ELITE

Jeff Ulmer - Modo Hockey Ornskoldsvik

Brady Murray - HC Lugano

Lee Goren - Farjestads BK Karlstad

Travis Roche - SC Burn

Curtis Murphy - Lugano

Brad Defauw - Nordsjaelland Cobras

Nick Naumenko - Ambri-Piotta

SWEDEN

Colby Genoway - Mora IK

David Lundbohm - V

I went back and watch the last three episodes and I didn't see the clip about Lee.

It was in the post game comments. Lee gave Brad May some stickwork and when May called him on it he did the most pathetic please don't hurt me turtle I have ever seen. I only wish Don Cherry didn't highlight that Brian Lee was a product of the University of North Dakota. I sent him a message reminding him that the Sioux have produced the likes of Commodore and Greene. I added that the likes of Brian Lee are a product of the Minnesota hockey system.

It was in the post game comments. Lee gave Brad May some stickwork and when May called him on it he did the most pathetic please don't hurt me turtle I have ever seen. I only wish Don Cherry didn't highlight that Brian Lee was a product of the University of North Dakota. I sent him a message reminding him that the Sioux have produced the likes of Commodore and Greene. I added that the likes of Brian Lee are a product of the Minnesota hockey system.

Well Brad May is a dirty player and has done more than his share of "turtling". He will not fight a heavyweight.

Lee vs May isn't my definition of a fair fight.

I added that the likes of Brian Lee are a product of the Minnesota hockey system.

Ever hear of Jack Carlson, Bill Butters, or Paul Holmgren. Say that to their face.

Beter yet, say it Corey Fienhage - he'll rearrange your face.

Congratulations -you're from Canada. Keep it to yourself.

It looks like your a Canadian first - Sioux fan second. We don't need you.

I added that the likes of Brian Lee are a product of the Minnesota hockey system.

Ever hear of Jack Carlson, Bill Butters, or Paul Holmgren. Say that to their face.

If you just figured out now that I am not a fan of Minnesota hockey you aren't very observant. I have also frequently condeded that the Gophers have all the talent in the world but fold at the end of the season because their lineup lacks the heart and character required to be successful. If you like players who dish out the stickwork and then turtle you can't be a true Sioux fan and we don't need the likes of you.

Just for the records Sioux-Hab-it adds some good points so what if they don't like the way Minnesota hockey plays I am cool with that. Just their opinion. We have had a lot of Canadians that have worn the Sioux jersey.

Just for the records Sioux-Hab-it adds some good points so what if they don't like the way Minnesota hockey plays I am cool with that. Just their opinion. We have had a lot of Canadians that have worn the Sioux jersey.

We don't have a Sioux hockey program without players from Minnesota - they started it.

Anyone of them would shove a stick in your ear if they had too.

Judging players soley by where they came from sounds a lot like Gopher fans. We're better than that.

We don't have a Sioux hockey program without players from Minnesota - they started it.

Anyone of them would shove a stick in your ear if they had too.

Judging players soley by where they came from sounds a lot like Gopher fans. We're better than that.

We also wouldn't have a program without the Canadians. Sioux-Hab-it is entitled to their opinion like your are.

I would have to say that these are some very observant points.

Exactly -we need both - it seems like you and hab-it believe otherwise.

That statement is false in so many ways. Two Gopher fans play on my favorite NHL team and I have been accused of being a Kessel and Wheeler lover one of my blogsphere buddies. So please tell me where have I said I don't like Minnesota Players? I like all of the Sioux players.

Players To Watch in the NHL Playoffs

Check out who the first two mentioned are:

The youngest captain in the NHL, Toews -- who turns 21 on April 29 -- led the Hawks to their first playoff appearance in seven years. His 34 goals and plus-12 speak to his stature as one of the league's finer two-way forwards.

Among the Blues' crop of talented young players, the rookie forward can alter the course of a game with a huge hit or big goal. He was a robust plus-16 this season with six of his 14 goals coming on the power play, and he also scored once shorthanded.

Some of you are being hypocrites as I distinctly recall that over the past several seasons a couple of you slammed the lack of physical play from two Sioux D-men who were Minnesota products. Not once did I slam these two players while they were playing for the Sioux because I undertood that physical play is learned in youth hockey, something most Minnesota hockey players don't get to experience.

The Minnesotans with character that have played for North Dakota and helped start the program hailed from northern communities like Rouseau and Warroad where they cut their teeth playing hard nosed hockey against kids from north of the border. Your big city boys that typically play for the Gophers may have all the skill in the world but they aren't the ones who will win you championships.

Must be the offseason.

Yep it's a silly time of year. A few weeks of bitterness ending with fighting amongst yourselves after the last game. It's the same across all WCHA message boards, only a little early this season.

The sun is shining and the first baseball practice is tomorrow. All will be OK. :silly: