SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

I also think the extra year will do him well, but he isn't small by any means. I would say he's around 6' and maybe around 180 lbs. I haven't seen him in about a year but I doubt he's gotten any smaller. He can hit a golf ball while sitting on a chair farther than a lot of people standing up. :D

When I said small, I was referring to weight. On the wiki on this website he is listed at 5' 11" 155 lbs., on the USHL site he is listed at 6'0" 175 lbs. He is most likely somewhere in between those weights. His height is fine, I would be concerned that he wasn't big enough weight wise to compete in the corners in the WCHA. I would bet he puts on another 10 lbs. of muscle over the summer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was going to enroll at another school to the Southeast, it's probably not necessary to have the diploma. :D:);)

Kristo will be good and so will Cichy. Both should have an immediate impact similar to Gregoire.

Kristo will be good and so will Cichy. Both should have an immediate impact similar to Gregoire.

Sounds like Kristo put on some weight. It's nice to see our guys get experience at different levels, not just with the development teams. Kristo is settling in nicely too- 48 gp 20-34-58 - Same thing with Cichy, I guess he had the option to come in this year (08), but opted to stay to build on his game. I guess he put on like 25 pounds and is now tearing up the league as well. I really think we're going see special things from these two no doubt, but Cichy is going be the man! Both guys are getting alot of work on the PP, which is nice, because as we all know...the sioux need some help.

Also Matt White I noticed is a sioux recruit playing for Omaha. He's putting up solid numbers as well. 58 gp 15-30-45.

Sounds like Kristo put on some weight. It's nice to see our guys get experience at different levels, not just with the development teams. Kristo is settling in nicely too- 48 gp 20-34-58 - Same thing with Cichy, I guess he had the option to come in this year (08), but opted to stay to build on his game. I guess he put on like 25 pounds and is now tearing up the league as well. I really think we're going see special things from these two no doubt, but Cichy is going be the man! Both guys are getting alot of work on the PP, which is nice, because as we all know...the sioux need some help.

Also Matt White I noticed is a sioux recruit playing for Omaha. He's putting up solid numbers as well. 58 gp 15-30-45.

You have the wrong Matt White. The UND recruit plays for Des Moines. He is not putting up as much numbers, but he is younger. 50 gp, 9g 8a, 17 pts. UND's recruit is bigger as well, 6'2" 195 lbs, compared to under 6'' and 170 lbs.

You have the wrong Matt White. The UND recruit plays for Des Moines. He is not putting up as much numbers, but he is younger. 50 gp, 9g 8a, 17 pts. UND's recruit is bigger as well, 6'2" 195 lbs, compared to under 6'' and 170 lbs.

Yup...the bad Matt White is going to UNH

Sure. If he graduated high school last year he should have come. But he graduates this spring. :D

He's got great speed/hands and very creative - he could be a good one.

The article talks about the "attitude adjustment" he needed. Better late than never - hopefully Hak won't have to have a chat like that with him.

I've always thought this is the downside to having a player bounce around from team to team when they are young (

I'm sure both Oshie and Brian Lee had unforgettable experiences with their HS teammates, leading to the MN State Tournament. In the end they ended up in the same place (big time college hockey - pro contract) as those who chose a different path. They probably had more fun, too.

I don't recall Osh being under a bus...

This is why I don't have a problem with kids finishing HS, especially if they are in a good situation with coaching. I'm sure both Oshie and Brian Lee had unforgettable experiences with their HS teammates, leading to the MN State Tournament. In the end they ended up in the same place (big time college hockey - pro contract) as those who chose a different path. They probably had more fun, too.

I'm not disagreeing with you because you make a good point, but for every TJ Oshie there's a Michael Forney. That's not to knock on Forney because I'm a big supporter of his and injuries are what hindered him and not talent, but he didn't give us much and maybe with some USHL conditioning, he wouldn't have had the problems he did. Let's home Forney can come back to college (whether it's with the Sioux or not) and be an impact player.

He's got great speed/hands and very creative - he could be a good one.

The article talks about the "attitude adjustment" he needed. Better late than never - hopefully Hak won't have to have a chat like that with him.

I've always thought this is the downside to having a player bounce around from team to team when they are young (

I'm not disagreeing with you because you make a good point, but for every TJ Oshie there's a Michael Forney. That's not to knock on Forney because I'm a big supporter of his and injuries are what hindered him and not talent, but he didn't give us much and maybe with some USHL conditioning, he wouldn't have had the problems he did. Let's home Forney can come back to college (whether it's with the Sioux or not) and be an impact player.

Anyone know anything about Forney's status for the upcoming year? I sure would like to see him in a Sioux uni next year...although I would rather that VandeVelde return

Anyone know anything about Forney's status for the upcoming year? I sure would like to see him in a Sioux uni next year...although I would rather that VandeVelde return

I think it's as 50/50 as it gets. Forney said he'd like to return to UND, but I don't think the coaches have given him the bus fare back yet...I would have to believe the coaches have been happy with how he has played in Green Bay, but do we have room for a guy who won't be here for a continuous four years considering how many recruits we have committed? Only time will tell, and like you hinted at, it may have to do with VV staying or leaving. If this is the case, Mattson might be a for sure 1 year USHLer. We will see I guess.

I think it's as 50/50 as it gets. Forney said he'd like to return to UND, but I don't think the coaches have given him the bus fare back yet...I would have to believe the coaches have been happy with how he has played in Green Bay, but do we have room for a guy who won't be here for a continuous four years considering how many recruits we have committed? Only time will tell, and like you hinted at, it may have to do with VV staying or leaving. If this is the case, Mattson might be a for sure 1 year USHLer. We will see I guess.

I would love to see Forney come back and make good on his potential. Any fault on the coaches for bringing him in right out of high school? I am guessing not as the Goofs would have brought him in. He just wasn't ready for the WCHA and now he seems to be.

I watched Kristo last night against the Force. The kid is good, he has really good hands and can dangle with the puck. He scored 2 goals and added an assist. I read he is 11-11 for 22 points in the last 11 games.

I watched Kristo last night against the Force. The kid is good, he has really good hands and can dangle with the puck. He scored 2 goals and added an assist. I read he is 11-11 for 22 points in the last 11 games.

Incredible hands.

And speed.

I was quite impressed with Kristo's play. He's going to be a fun addition to the Fighting Sioux lineup.

(I was also unimpressed with the general lack of intensity Blais' team showed.) :D

Incredible hands.

And speed.

I was quite impressed with Kristo's play. He's going to be a fun addition to the Fighting Sioux lineup.

(I was also unimpressed with the general lack of intensity Blais' team showed.) :)

Lot of gophers on that team.

:D

ushl friday

cichy 4 shots in 6-0 loss

kristo 2g, 1a, +3 on 5 shots in 6-1 win - 15 points in last 6 games 7g, 8a

white 1a, 6 shots, 2 pim in 8-3 loss

gleason -2 in 8-3 loss

fink -3 in 8-3 loss

bruneteau 3 shots, 17 PIM in 8-3 loss, fighting major,first fight since getting knocked out with that bad concussion last year he cam back from

all 6 players will be in action tonight

ushl friday

cichy 4 shots in 6-0 loss

kristo 2g, 1a, +3 on 5 shots in 6-1 win - 15 points in last 6 games 7g, 8a

white 1a, 6 shots, 2 pim in 8-3 loss

gleason -2 in 8-3 loss

fink -3 in 8-3 loss

bruneteau 3 shots, 17 PIM in 8-3 loss, fighting major,first fight since getting knocked out with that bad concussion last year he cam back from

all 6 players will be in action tonight

Does the USHL hand out 1 game suspensions after a fighting major?? Des Moines is only skating 14 players tonight and Bruneteau is out. I wonder if its a suspension or if Parise scratched a bunch of players to send a message.

Does the USHL hand out 1 game suspensions after a fighting major?? Des Moines is only skating 14 players tonight and Bruneteau is out. I wonder if its a suspension or if Parise scratched a bunch of players to send a message.

or did he get knocked out again :D ya never know....im not sure on their rules