SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Schmidt is going to be a beast for the Gophers, just scored an ovechkin like goal today.

wasnt he rumored to maybe backing ot of that scholly? maybe sagard or others can help on this. i may be wrong but i though i read that somewhere a little while back. hes a st cloud kid i believe

Nate Schmidt is going to be a beast for the Gophers, just scored an ovechkin like goal today.

Then, a few minutes later while trying to rush it out of his zone, he turned the puck over at the blue line, resulting in a 2-on-1 goal for the opposition. Sounds like he'll fit in nicely at Minnesota! :whistling:

If memory serves me correctly, the Sioux already had Mattson on board at the time and got a verbal from Garrett Clarke. I know the Sioux were interested in Schmidt to some degree, but does anyone know if Clarke wouldn't have been on their radar, would the coaches have pressed for Schmidt harder, or would he have been a gopher regardless? Not saying the Sioux weren't interested, just wondering how things played out in that whole scenario.

If memory serves me correctly, the Sioux already had Mattson on board at the time and got a verbal from Garrett Clarke. I know the Sioux were interested in Schmidt to some degree, but does anyone know if Clarke wouldn't have been on their radar, would the coaches have pressed for Schmidt harder, or would he have been a gopher regardless? Not saying the Sioux weren't interested, just wondering how things played out in that whole scenario.

For Schmidt, it was down to Minnesota, SCSU, and CC.

AJHL PLAYOFF UPDATE

Camrose Kodiaks win Game 3 at home beating Brooks 5-3 but trail series 2 to 1. MacWilliam 2PIM

Olds Grizzlies take 2-1 lead over Okotoks with 6-5 win. Knight 2G and 2PIM; Rodwell plays but no pts or PIM

Grande Prairie series with Sherwood Park tied at 2 each as SP wins 4-2. Rowney wth 1G in a losign cause

macwillaim and camrose win 2-1 last night - 2 pim for macwilliam - series tied 2-2

knight and rodwell for okotoks oilers lose 3-2 - knight had 1a and 2 pim, rodwell no stats - series tied 2-2

rowney and grand prairie play tonight and is down 3-1 in series

ushl friday

kristo 1g,1a +2 in 6-3 win, 2 shots

cichy 5 shots in 1-0 win

white team didnt play

bruneteau team didnt play

fink team didnt play

gleason team didnt play

ajhl playoffs

rowney no points and 2 pim in 6-2 win - grand prairie leads series 3-2

knight and rodwell for okotocks play tonight down 3-1 in series

macwilliam and comrose play tonight with their series tied 2-2

ushl friday

kristo 1g,1a +2 in 6-3 win, 2 shots

cichy 5 shots in 1-0 win

white team didnt play

bruneteau team didnt play

fink team didnt play

gleason team didnt play

ajhl playoffs

rowney no points and 2 pim in 6-2 win - grand prairie leads series 3-2

knight and rodwell for okotocks play tonight down 3-1 in series

macwilliam and comrose play tonight with their series tied 2-2

Update on Saturday night games

Okotoks beats Olds 6-2 to stave off elimination. Down 3-2 with Game 6 tomorrow night. Knight has 2G, Rodwell no pts or PIM

Camrose loses 3-1 to Brooks to be down 3-2 with Game 6 tomorrow in Camrose. MacWilliam no pts or PIM

ushl saturday

kristo1 shot in 4-2 loss

cichy 1a in 4-2 win, 5 shots, +1

white 2 pim in 5-1 loss

bruneteau 2 shots in 5-1 loss

fink 2 shots, -3 in 5-1 loss

gleason 1 shot, -1 in 5-1 loss

I still don't know what to think about Fink. All I have are stats and, statistically speaking, Fink isn't really doing well. I DOUBT stats tell the tale, but what is the story? Apart from injuries, Fink hasn't really done much at all in the USHL.

Only 2 future Fighting Sioux remain in hunt for AJHL championship

#2 South Division seed Okotoks Oilers (Knight and Rodwell) lose series to #3 seed Olds Grizzlies dropping Game 6 by a 7-1 score. Both Knight and Rodwell kept off the score sheet. Oilers season is over.

Thought I would check out Game 6 of #5 seed Camrose vs. #1 seeded Brooks series and watch Okotoks in Game 7 (didn't expect the upset). Kodiaks beat Brooks 5-2 with MacWilliam picking up an assist. He also blocked 4-5 shots and broke up at least 3 two-on-one Brooks rushes. Kodiaks live on and will play Game 7 in Brooks tomorrow night.

Carter Rowney and his Grande Prairie Storm defeat Sherwood Park in 6 games and now wait to find out who they will play in AJHL semi-finals. Rowney gets a goal in 4-3 triple overtime victory.

march 17 ushl

gleason 1 shot, +1 in 4-1 win

white 1g, 3 shots in 4-1 win

fink 1a, +1 and 4 shots in 4-1 win

bruneteau 2a, 3 shots, +1 in 4-1 win

kristo 3a, 6 shots in 5-3 loss

cichy 1a in 8-4 loss

AJHL Playoff Update

Brooks Bandits defeat Camrose Kodiaks 4-0 Wednesday night to take South Division Semi-Final 4 games to 3. Camrose Captain and incoming Fighting Sioux freshmen Andrew MacWilliam ends his AJHL career with Player of the Game for Kodiaks.

Only Sioux recruit still playing in AJHL playoffs is Grande Prairie's Carter Rowney whose team starts its best of 7 league semi-final series in Brooks this weekend.

I know there was some talk on whether genoway would be back or not...I'm really reading into it, but during Brad Miller Time Hextall talks about living with him next semester http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=45815

yeah, i wouldnt put to much stock into that and i did pick up on that when i watched it. im guessing he will be back but you never know what can pop up after the season ends. you just never know

Vandy's more of a flight risk than Chay.

yes he is and i think more than likely he will be gone as we have disucced on this board before. chay is still a risk as hes on top of his game and will get some offers from ahl/nhl. i say chay stays and vv leaves. go sioux!!!!!!!!!!!