SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I asked, I was worried he hurt himself again. He can't afford to go through post concussion syndrome again, we will never see him in green and white.

not sure why Brunetau would be fighting...that being said he and Fink have their work cut out to see time for the Sioux. I am guessing Fink will not be here next year where Brunetau may or may not be

not sure why Brunetau would be fighting...that being said he and Fink have their work cut out to see time for the Sioux. I am guessing Fink will not be here next year where Brunetau may or may not be

fink will be a 2010 and bruneteau more than likely. if VV leaves then look for kristo, cichy, knight and mattson to be in grand forks as well. if vv stays then mattson could do a year of juniors

fink will be a 2010 and bruneteau more than likely. if VV leaves then look for kristo, cichy, knight and mattson to be in grand forks as well. if vv stays then mattson could do a year of juniors

hasnt Bruneteau already played two years in the USHL?? i dont see him playing 3 years of juniors.....

hasnt Bruneteau already played two years in the USHL?? i dont see him playing 3 years of juniors.....

Bruneteau was scheduled to come in this year, had he not had a concussion he would have been here (and maybe Toews would have played juniors). I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with his play. He should turn out to be a solid two-way player. He may not have the offensive upside to the degree some of the other recruits do, but he is putting up good numbers on a horrible team this year. He won't be first line, but I would think he would be a good 2nd or 3rd liner in a year or two. He will be at UND next year, otherwise I think UND risks losing him to another team.

Bruneteau will be here next year. Agreed with the above posters...he's already played two years in the USHL, and he would have come last year if not for his issues.

Fink will be delayed until 2010 IMO.

If we need another forward to come in, then I would be that Knight or Mattson take that spot. Or Forney, depending on what's going on there. If Forney doesn't come back to UND, I wonder if he ends up at a school like MSUM, SCSU, or UMD?

AJHL Finals - Update

Grande Prairie Storm go up 3 games to 0 against regular season champs Spruce Grove Saints. Carter Rowney sets up game winning goal with less than four minutes to go as Storm come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Game 4 tonight in GP.

ushl saturday

fink 1g in 4-1 loss, des moines played only 14 players

white -1 and 2 pim, in 4-1 loss, des moines played only 14 players

bruneteau didnt play saturday in 4-1 loss

gleason -2, 4 shots in 4-1 loss, des moines only played 14 players

cichy 1g, 1a in 6-4 loss on 5 shots - tied for 2nd in league scoring race with 34-42=76 pts, leader at 82 pts

kristo 1a in 8-4 loss

The 2009 Playoff MVP Award was presented to Carter Rowney of the Grande Prairie Storm. The 19 year-old Rowney, of Sexsmith, Alberta, recorded 18 points in 19 post-season games, including 3 game winning goals and 7 powerplay goals.

STORM WIN CUP

carter rowney and grand prairie sweep the finals with a 4-3 ot win tonight

rowney with 2 pim and no points in game tonight, finished playoffs with 12-6=18 pts, tied for 6th overall in playoff scoring

"He has accepted a scholarship to the University of North Dakota, and has not decided if he will return for his last year of junior eligibility or forego it and head to the Fighting Sioux of the NCAA."

If I'm going to armchair predict, that means, if VV goes and Forney doesn't come in, then Rowney will come instead of Mattson.

IMO, that's a GOOD MOVE by Hak and Co.

I'd rather have Mattson come in after a season of USHL.

If I'm going to armchair predict, that means, if VV goes and Forney doesn't come in, then Rowney will come instead of Mattson.

IMO, that's a GOOD MOVE by Hak and Co.

I'd rather have Mattson come in after a season of USHL.

I am glad that you guys are all over this stuff then I don't have to worry about it. ???

Isn't Mattson coming for sure since he is a probably the closest thing UND has to a blue chipper?

and because he won't be at UND long. Seems to make no sense to me if he doesn't maximize himself here.

I would rather have him two years than one.

I am glad that you guys are all over this stuff then I don't have to worry about it. ???

Isn't Mattson coming for sure since he is a probably the closest thing UND has to a blue chipper?

and because he won't be at UND long. Seems to make no sense to me if he doesn't maximize himself here.

I would rather have him two years than one.

Not sure why you think Mattson will only be at UND one year?? Toews and Parise were two year players and Mattson is nowhere near that level. Last I saw he was projected as a 3rd round pick. The same round where Fienaghe was picked last year and he hardly saw the ice. Unless there is a need for an extra forward I think a year in the USHL would do Mattson well.

Not sure why you think Mattson will only be at UND one year?? Toews and Parise were two year players and Mattson is nowhere near that level. Last I saw he was projected as a 3rd round pick. The same round where Fienaghe was picked last year and he hardly saw the ice. Unless there is a need for an extra forward I think a year in the USHL would do Mattson well.

Agreed... No way Mattson is a one year player. But possibly a two year player, most likely we'll see three years from him. I'm excited to watch him play, probably even more than Kristo, but a year in Omaha would definately help.

Agreed... No way Mattson is a one year player. But possibly a two year player, most likely we'll see three years from him. I'm excited to watch him play, probably even more than Kristo, but a year in Omaha would definately help.

Agreed a year in the USHL would do him well. Compare him to Cichy and Kristo...does anyone feel he is more talented than either of those players who spent one (Kristo) and two (Cichy) years in the USHL? I sure don't.

Agreed a year in the USHL would do him well. Compare him to Cichy and Kristo...does anyone feel he is more talented than either of those players who spent one (Kristo) and two (Cichy) years in the USHL? I sure don't.

I might have Mattson mixed up with someone else. We have two of them coming in don't we?

My bad...