SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX Recruits - 2008-09 Updates, Monitoring Their Junior League Play

AZSIOUX

Cichy is now alone in 2nd in point scoring in the USHL. He has been on a tear since going to a competitive team. He now trails the one time runaway leader by only 8 points and if things continue will pass him by year end. He is already tied for first in goals.

Forney is also lighting it up.

Our other players aren't putting up huge points, but play for an awful team. Based on what happened to Cichy, I think this bodes well for them at UND. On slight disappointment continues to be Mike Fink, but he is still young.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/scori...p;seasonid=3192

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cichy is now alone in 2nd in point scoring in the USHL. He has been on a tear since going to a competitive team. He now trails the one time runaway leader by only 8 points and if things continue will pass him by year end. He is already tied for first in goals.

Forney is also lighting it up.

Our other players aren't putting up huge points, but play for an awful team. Based on what happened to Cichy, I think this bodes well for them at UND. On slight disappointment continues to be Mike Fink, but he is still young.

http://www.pointstreak.com/stats/pro/scori...p;seasonid=3192

I am excited about Cichy being a Sioux and good to hear on Forney. Both will add a lot of offense to the Sioux next season.

Well... The Force dominated Des Moines by winning 8-0. But I do have some comments about the Sioux recruits (Bruneteau, Fink, Gleason, and White).

Bruneteau didn't play a whole lot until the 3rd period, that's when I started noticing him. However, he did get a penalty in the 3rd period although I didn't see him do anything so I was quite confused by that. Other than that, he seemed to play well, nothing outstanding though.

Fink was out there a lot with Gleason, they seem to play pretty good together. I thought Gleason looked like he had a lot of speed to his skating and got a lot of play time it seemed like. I like them together.

White played a bunch in the 1st period, but I didn't see much of him after that. He didn't do anything that stood out really, so I don't have much to say about him. At the same time, he didn't do anything not good either, so he seems like a good recruit.

And that's all, sorry I didn't have any more to say on any of them.

Fink was out there a lot with Gleason, they seem to play pretty good together. I thought Gleason looked like he had a lot of speed to his skating and got a lot of play time it seemed like. I like them together.

all, sorry I didn't have any more to say on any of them.

Was Fink playing D?

Well... The Force dominated Des Moines by winning 8-0. But I do have some comments about the Sioux recruits (Bruneteau, Fink, Gleason, and White).

Bruneteau didn't play a whole lot until the 3rd period, that's when I started noticing him. However, he did get a penalty in the 3rd period although I didn't see him do anything so I was quite confused by that. Other than that, he seemed to play well, nothing outstanding though.

White played a bunch in the 1st period, but I didn't see much of him after that. He didn't do anything that stood out really, so I don't have much to say about him. At the same time, he didn't do anything not good either, so he seems like a good recruit.

White is really young so I am not too surprised by that. The Fink / Gleason thing could use some more explaining.

White is really young so I am not too surprised by that. The Fink / Gleason thing could use some more explaining.

Especially the Fink one.

That and the one on Bruneteau. Unless I misread your post, Bud, Bruneteau had a big impact in the 3rd period but didn't play all that much in it. Kinda contradictory.

First game of a 5-game league semifinal series: (This is just AAA midget hockey, so don't get too excited)

Brandon Wheat Kings 6 at Winnipeg Wild 7 - Overtime

In the high scoring game at St. Adolphe, the Wheat Kings came back from 3-0 first period deficit to send the game to overtime. It was a big game for Brendan O'Donnell, as he scored four times, incuding the OT winner and assisted on the tying goal with 38 seconds left in regulation time. The Wheat Kings scored six straight times to take a 6-3 lead with just over 5 minutes left in the game. O'Donnell scored two power play goals at the 5:04 and 4:12 mark and set up Michael St. Croix (G&3A)with under a minute left.

Considering where the Force started the year, you have to conclude that Dean Blais can coach hockey. I think Columbus made a mistake in not giving him a real shot in the NHL.

As much as I like Blaiser, let's not get carried away here; this is the USHL we're talking about, not the NHL.

Considering where the Force started the year, you have to conclude that Dean Blais can coach hockey. I think Columbus made a mistake in not giving him a real shot in the NHL.

It takes a different type of personality to coach in the NHL than in college. Just because you can coach at the college or junior level doesn't mean you can at the pro level.

According to the game stats on USHL.com, White did not play on Sunday. I am not sure who has it wrong, but watching the stats on USHL, I have noticed White has not been listed the last 3-4 games. Also, I would like some more detail on Bruneteau, as he is listed as being -4 for the game, worst +/- on the team.

Unless I misread your post, Bud, Bruneteau had a big impact in the 3rd period but didn't play all that much in it. Kinda contradictory.

Yes you did misread my post. I said he didn't play much UNTIL the 3rd period, so yeah he obviously PLAYED IN the 3rd period, I don't know how you misread that.

According to the game stats on USHL.com, White did not play on Sunday. I am not sure who has it wrong, but watching the stats on USHL, I have noticed White has not been listed the last 3-4 games. Also, I would like some more detail on Bruneteau, as he is listed as being -4 for the game, worst +/- on the team.

Yes, I am fairly certain that White was playing. Anyone who was at the game could tell you that. I'm not stupid. He was wearing jersey #23 with his name on it (WHITE). There was also another #23 so I was confused why there were 2 of the same number.

As for Bruneteau having a bad +/-, everyone on the Des Moines team had a bad +/- because they lost 8-0.....

Was Fink playing D?

She must have one of the two mixed up...

Unless their coach pairs up a dman with a forward for each shift.

I said they were out on the ice together, I didn't say they were both playing the same position.

Any other questions or comments? Man, tough crowd... :sad:

AJHL Playoffs Update

Sunday Games

Olds beats Okotoks 5-2 in Game 1 - Knight has 1G and 2 PIM in losing cause; Rowney plays but no pts or penalties

Brooks beats Camrose 7-2 in Game 1 - MacWilliam with 4PIM for Kodiaks

Sherwood Park beats Grande Prairie 5-4 in Game 2 to tie series at 1 game each - Rowney with 1A for GP

I was at the Force game on Sunday and did not see anyone with the last name WHITE playing with Des Moines.

Brunteau may have been a -4 because he plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and the force absolutely dominated them, I compare him to the cichy situation, I think he is one of the best players on a not so good team, and would think he would put up great numbers with a better team.

By the way, the force have been on a roll lately and really playing well, and are making a playoff push which impresses me since they are the youngest team in the league.

Siouxhockey5

I was at the Force game on Sunday and did not see anyone with the last name WHITE playing with Des Moines.

Brunteau may have been a -4 because he plays on one of the worst teams in the league, and the force absolutely dominated them, I compare him to the cichy situation, I think he is one of the best players on a not so good team, and would think he would put up great numbers with a better team.

By the way, the force have been on a roll lately and really playing well, and are making a playoff push which impresses me since they are the youngest team in the league.

Siouxhockey5

yeah white hasnt been in the lineup sheet for the last 2 games for whatever reason

Siouxhockey5

I realize that Des Moines is a bad team this year and is defensively weak. There goalie Crandall has really slipped since last year (hence lost his scholly at Wisconsin), but was just inquiring about Brunteau to see if it was his play that earned him the -4 of if it was just a consequence of playing on a bad team. He has had moments of brillance this year regardless of his teammates. I am wondering what you thought of Gleason, as his offensive numbers have really fallen off and his +/- is usually pretty bad?? Thanks for the info

I realize that Des Moines is a bad team this year and is defensively weak. There goalie Crandall has really slipped since last year (hence lost his scholly at Wisconsin), but was just inquiring about Brunteau to see if it was his play that earned him the -4 of if it was just a consequence of playing on a bad team. He has had moments of brillance this year regardless of his teammates. I am wondering what you thought of Gleason, as his offensive numbers have really fallen off and his +/- is usually pretty bad?? Thanks for the info

Gleason is tough to judge, he is definetly a smooth skating dman. The team is just so bad defensively I don't really know what to think. I would think he would be fine if he could really depend on whoever he is playing with. I think of the Genoway/Finley combination, no matter what people say Joe is pretty good defensively, therefore allowing Genoway to take some offensive rushes. I think Gleason will be fine, but do feel that he needs dependable partners with him on the blue line. It will be interesting to see how McWilliam develops and we may have a pretty good combination back there, along with Mattson and eventually Forbert.

Siouxhockey5

I'll wait until after Gleason and Fink get here and the coaches have had a chance to work with them to see how things will pan out. After all, Ryan Martens was a good walk-on that they brought along to be a very good player. Remember, Jake Marto was sort of an afterthought by many fans when talking about that incoming class, and he has arguably been our best defenseman, especially the second half of the season. I think the coaches will put both these players in a role where they are most likely to succeed. It might not be the role the player, the fans or the coaches expected from the start, but players can grow into some roles and be very effective at them.

yeah white hasnt been in the lineup sheet for the last 2 games for whatever reason

Well I did say that there were 2 people with his number. That could be a reason why he hasn't been listed?

There was also another #23 so I was confused why there were 2 of the same number.

I was at the game and looked for white and I don't remember seeing him either. I do remember him looking real good in a game against the Force early in the year. Of course there was not a lot of Des Moines game that was memorable, so I may have just missed him.

I was at the game and looked for white and I don't remember seeing him either. I do remember him looking real good in a game against the Force early in the year. Of course there was not a lot of Des Moines game that was memorable, so I may have just missed him.

White has not played the last 3 games because his grandpa passed away