SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

IMO these games suck! I'm just mad I won't be able to attend any of them. Sure wish we would schedule some closer teams, like KU, KSU, Iowa State, etc. Something within driving distance anyway.

KU and KSU are within driving distance? Have fun with that drive.

Can you stop faking the "UND-North Dakota Fan" bullsh*t please?

• Upvote 1

You can drive to Wyoming just as easily as Kansas. Utah isn't too bad and a train ride to Washington could be a fun trip (just make sure to plan for the train to be running late).

Edit: Ah I forgot you were a bizun fan, nevermind then.

Took the Empire Builder to Seattle last Summer for a Twins/Mariners series. There were a ton of Twins fans on it both ways. Could see a train loaded with Sioux fans going a couple days early.

• Upvote 1

Took the Empire Builder to Seattle last Summer for a Twins/Mariners series. There were a ton of Twins fans on it both ways. Could see a train loaded with Sioux fans going a couple days early.

The Bar Car would need to be notified ahead of time in order to stock up......

IMO these games suck! I'm just mad I won't be able to attend any of them. Sure wish we would schedule some closer teams, like KU, KSU, Iowa State, etc. Something within driving distance anyway.

Terrible argument. These days it is often cheaper to fly anyway. I looked at flights from Denver to Utah and I couldn't drive one way for the cost of a round trip flight.

Same goes if I were to fly from Denver to Grand Forks. There is no way I can drive cheaper than flying...i've tried both.

• Upvote 1

i'm sure i could look but what is the timeframe for a trip to seattle by train??? and back??

Terrible argument. These days it is often cheaper to fly anyway. I looked at flights from Denver to Utah and I couldn't drive one way for the cost of a round trip flight.

Same goes if I were to fly from Denver to Grand Forks. There is no way I can drive cheaper than flying...i've tried both.

Maybe for a single ticket, but were talking 100 plus gear. That adds up! But it's totally worth it! Hope one day we'll be scheduling FCS teams as a FBS program!

Maybe for a single ticket, but were talking 100 plus gear. That adds up! But it's totally worth it! Hope one day we'll be scheduling FCS teams as a FBS program!

For sure, I do like the train idea for the Washington game. If I lived in Nodak that would be very appealing. I have taken the Amtrak from GF to Whitefish, Montana. Not a short trip but a bar car makes it a blast!

First of all the part about those games suck was tongue in cheek and for me personally. Second of all I do not fly, have never, will never, that's just me. I would love to be able to drive a reasonable distance (400-600 miles) and watch UND take on an FBS opponent. Sorry for expressing my thoughts on the schedule.

I'm no Bison fan nor on Bisonville, I live near Fargo, I have friends and neighbors who are Bison fans, we rib each other in good fun. Honestly, the constant bashing of NDSU and Bison fans on here is getting a bit old and I've only really been on the site a short time. I guess this place just isn't for me. Carry on....

First of all the part about those games suck was tongue in cheek and for me personally. Second of all I do not fly, have never, will never, that's just me. I would love to be able to drive a reasonable distance (400-600 miles) and watch UND take on an FBS opponent. Sorry for expressing my thoughts on the schedule.

I'm no Bison fan nor on Bisonville, I live near Fargo, I have friends and neighbors who are Bison fans, we rib each other in good fun. Honestly, the constant bashing of NDSU and Bison fans on here is getting a bit old and I've only really been on the site a short time. I guess this place just isn't for me. Carry on....

No I don't think it is. You would fit in great on BV. Most of your posts are critical of what UND is doing anyway.

First of all the part about those games suck was tongue in cheek and for me personally. Second of all I do not fly, have never, will never, that's just me. I would love to be able to drive a reasonable distance (200-500 miles) and watch UND take on an FBS opponent. Sorry for expressing my thoughts on the schedule.

Iowa St. was the only school you listed within 500 miles of Fargo. NONE are within 500 miles of Grand Forks.

Edit: Ah, I see you've now edited your post to allow for 600 miles..... :glare: Still leaves Iowa St. as the only one.

No need to leave. Your opinions are just as welcome as anyone's. Ignore the bashers.

All those teams outside of Iowa State are in the B1G and I don't expect to see any of them on the schedule anytime soon due to their new scheduling "theory" so you can wish all you want, but for now, it is out of UND's hands in their ability to play someone you would like to see.

I'd love to see the Big Sky work out a "scheduling alliance" with the Pac-12 similar to that between the Big 10 and the MAC.

Let's see, ... LA, Palo Alto, Seattle, Boulder, and Tempe ... or State College, Newark, Bloomington, East Lansing, and West Lafayette.

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see the Big Sky work out a "scheduling alliance" with the Pac-12 similar to that between the Big 10 and the MAC.

Let's see, ... LA, Palo Alto, Seattle, Boulder, and Tempe ... or State College, Newark, Bloomington, East Lansing, and West Lafayette.

ButtRPI :whistling:

ButtGeography :silly:

ButtMVFC=FutureinvitetofullMVC :lol:

Any questions?

Call up the alumni association and ask them outside of NoDak and Minnesota, what areas/cities have the largest groups of UND alums. I can guarantee that the alumni association is extremely happy about UND playing games in Salt Lake City and Seattle. Throw in games against Arizona State, CU/CSU and the Ducks in the future and you have hit up most of the major UND alumni areas outside of ND/MN. Not coincidentally, the footprint of the Big Sky just happens to cover the geography of our alumni pretty well too!

• Upvote 2

Call up the alumni association and ask them outside of NoDak and Minnesota, what areas/cities have the largest groups of UND alums. I can guarantee that the alumni association is extremely happy about UND playing games in Salt Lake City and Seattle. Throw in games against Arizona State, CU/CSU and the Ducks in the future and you have hit up most of the major UND alumni areas outside of ND/MN. Not coincidentally, the footprint of the Big Sky just happens to cover the geography of our alumni pretty well too!

Wyoming isn't much of a drive for Denver/Colo Springs alumni. Would love to see an Arizona St / UND game too (but maybe in November!).

FBS schools scheduled

2013 - na

2014 - San Jose St

2015 - Wyoming

2016 - Bowling Green

2017 - Utah

2018 - Washington

Isn't New Mexico St also scheduled?

All that's left is to win a couple, maybe 3 out of 5. Certainly possible.