SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Seriously? Sorry for talking about college football... there is only so much to talk about concerning UND.

Plus look at the pattern, USD is playing a NAIA team, SDSU is playing a DIII team, NDSU was forced due to a buyout to scramble to find a game which they did (DII). I just hope Faison doesn't do this in order to save money or to fill a hole in the schedule. Luckily we have FBS and home and home from 2015-2018 so I believe it's only 1 game per year UND needs to fill, we are in good shape if no one backs out.

To give them a little credit it was their 12th game penciled in, but no SD DII teams are available? At least DII will give you partial credit for a playoff spot, DIII does nothing, nor does USD's William Penn (NAIA).

The South Dakota D2 teams are in the Northern Sun, which is so big they play no non-conference games any more. So no, there are no D2 teams in the immediate area with open dates for opponents at any level.

The South Dakota D2 teams are in the Northern Sun, which is so big they play no non-conference games any more. So no, there are no D2 teams in the immediate area with open dates for opponents at any level.

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for that info.

South Dakota St has to play DIII-Wisconsin Oshkosh in 2014 so maybe UND can get a another home and home with them in upcoming seasons starting in 2015. USD plays William Penn this year so UND has gone the longest among the 4 Dakota teams without playing a non DI team (2012). Hopefully SDSU learned their lesson from the loss to UW-Lacrosse and never overlook anyone.

After thumping UND twice in the last 3 years,the Jacks decided to upgrade their non-conf. schedule and play a D3 school. More of a challenge.

After thumping UND twice in the last 3 years,the Jacks decided to upgrade their non-conf. schedule and play a D3 school. More of a challenge.

They played over a 4 year span and last year's 35-28 victory by the Jacks was a far cry from a thumping. Surprised that since SDSU opted for a D3 team that they didn't schedule UW-Lacrosse to try to even the series after that loss a few years back.

They played over a 4 year span and last year's 35-28 victory by the Jacks was a far cry from a thumping. Surprised that since they were opting for a D3 team, they didn't schedule UW-Lacrosse to try to even the series after that loss a few years back.

:lol: That would be some sweet revenge. "No D3 team, and I emphasize NO D3 team is going to come into Coughlin High School field and beat the Jacks twice in a row. Not on my watch" - Stig pregame speech.

• Upvote 1

More of a challenge? You guys squeaked out a win last year after being up big. Have fun against Oshkosh bigosh.

They played over a 4 year span and last year's 35-28 victory by the Jacks was a far cry from a thumping. Surprised that since SDSU opted for a D3 team that they didn't schedule UW-Lacrosse to try to even the series after that loss a few years back.

It was a beat down - period. But if you like to think it was close because of the score go for it.

It was a beat down - period. But if you like to think it was close because of the score go for it.

It was a beatdown but NOT for a full 60 minutes. Or else the final score wouldn't have been a difference of 7 points, and with UND on a final game tying drive too. SDSU was up big and gave up.

Explain

SDSU put their band in for the 2nd half, because the mighty MVFC is so good and _ND, along with the big fluffy is so abysmal! Despite _ND being a single drive from tying the game, SDSU had the whioux right where they wanted them. Enjoy the moral victory nazi fans.

No need for d-bag dan to post anymore.... go back to bisonville.

• Upvote 2

SDSU put their band in for the 2nd half, because the mighty MVFC is so good and _ND, along with the big fluffy is so abysmal! Despite _ND being a single drive from tying the game, SDSU had the whioux right where they wanted them. Enjoy the moral victory nazi fans.

Lol this makes me smile. For real. Excellent post.

Wow, you sounded like a real Bisonviller..right down to the screw up on the _ND joke.

I believe that SDSMT and BHS would qualify as DII schools. Both are very new to DII and building the programs but they would be available for games.

Seriously? Sorry for talking about college football... there is only so much to talk about concerning UND.

:silly: Not sure how you infer that was directed at you, but whatever. I'm wondering why Darell1976 cares about NDSU so much that his posts are riddled with references to posts on bisonville and/or posts regarding NDSU. If there is a problem with what is posted on Bisonville, go to Bisonville and discuss it there. Why do we have to bring that poison here? So, again, why do you care, darell1976, who NDSU schedules? We here all know the hypocrisy at that school when it comes to football scheduling. It's nothing new. No need for the feigned outrage each and every time it happens again.

• Upvote 1

:silly: Not sure how you infer that was directed at you, but whatever. I'm wondering why Darell1976 cares about NDSU so much that his posts are riddled with references to posts on bisonville and/or posts regarding NDSU. If there is a problem with what is posted on Bisonville, go to Bisonville and discuss it there. Why do we have to bring that poison here? So, again, why do you care, darell1976, who NDSU schedules? We here all know the hypocrisy at that school when it comes to football scheduling. It's nothing new. No need for the feigned outrage each and every time it happens again.

I could have sworn my post was about SDSU scheduling a DIII team. Did I post about NDSU's 2014 schedule?

I knew you were talking to Darrel. It just seemed rude and unnecessary...

Our schedule is set, so no reason to not talk about other teams, especially considering how few active threads there are in the football forum. Your comment added nothing of value.

I believe that SDSMT and BHS would qualify as DII schools. Both are very new to DII and building the programs but they would be available for games.

Good point on those schools as I did forget about them... Black Hills is in the Rocky Mountain conference, which is also very full, but it looks like they leave space for a non-conference game. They are playing Montana St this fall.

SD Mines has a couple years here with a more open schedule in the GNAC, then is also joining the RMAC.

What exactly is the hypocrisy of NDSU when it comes to football scheduling? They schedule a non-D1 only when a "quality" FCS team backs out 5 months before their game is scheduled?

Wow - what happened did you just make bail or did you run out of allowance money for internet access? Gone for three days now you're all over this site with your drivel - continues to be sad that you are so infactuated with UND sports.

Wow - what happened did you just make bail or did you run out of allowance money for internet access? Gone for three days now you're all over this site with your drivel - continues to be sad that you are so infactuated with UND sports.

I have been busy bailing UND hockey players out of jail.