SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

A home and home was probably one of the easier ways to get 6 home games this year. Assures that there will be only 5 home games in 2016 though. USD + 4 conference at home with 4 conference games on the road and at Bowling Green and at Stony Brook.

That's OK. There will most likely be multiple playoff games in the Alerus in 2016. :)

Next year's schedule looks good with trips to San Jose St and Missouri State and Robert Morris and Stony Brook at home for OOC. Glad Faison went 12 games.

My 2 brothers live in Springfield so going to try to make sure I get to game at Mo. St.

UND entered into a home and home with Stony Brook. Home in 2014, away in 2016. Meh. It seems like there are better home and home options than Stony Brook.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=209345164

I think Stony Brook is a pretty solid addition to the schedule. Also gives me an excuse to visit my brother out east .

Do a little research. This is an outstanding FCS game. They are a solid program that just moved to the CAA. Run-first, physical team.

My comment had nothing to do with the quality of Stony Brook's program. I'd like to see non-conference scheduling with regional MVFC teams rather than an East Coast team. Just my personal preference.

Also, the casual fan doesn't care about a team like Stony Brook. Nobody outside of this forum will care about the game. I'd rather have scheduled another home and home with SDSU, or got one going with UNI, SIU, etc.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=6399&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204811251

The last meeting with Stony Brook, and before anyone bashes this home and home...would you rather we call up Ferris State? Or Prairie View A&M for a one time thing? This home and home completes 2014 and 2016. UND needs 1 game to fill in 2015, 2017, and 2018. We see NDSU with scheduling problems almost every year and I hope we don't go through that. I welcome any DI home and home.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They often give extensions to make recruits feel better that the head coach is going to be there for at least a couple of years. There is no doubt that was the case here. I sure hope he can hang on to the job - would hate to see Dale get canned.

• 1 month later...

South Dakota St has to play DIII-Wisconsin Oshkosh in 2014 so maybe UND can get a another home and home with them in upcoming seasons starting in 2015. USD plays William Penn this year so UND has gone the longest among the 4 Dakota teams without playing a non DI team (2012). Hopefully SDSU learned their lesson from the loss to UW-Lacrosse and never overlook anyone.

South Dakota St has to play DIII-Wisconsin Oshkosh in 2014 so maybe UND can get a another home and home with them in upcoming seasons starting in 2015. USD plays William Penn this year so UND has gone the longest among the 4 Dakota teams without playing a non DI team (2012). Hopefully SDSU learned their lesson from the loss to UW-Lacrosse and never overlook anyone.

Don't be cheap and pay the going rate. Yuck.

Don't be cheap and pay the going rate. Yuck.

To give them a little credit it was their 12th game penciled in, but no SD DII teams are available? At least DII will give you partial credit for a playoff spot, DIII does nothing, nor does USD's William Penn (NAIA).

Is that verified or just assumed? I've seen both being claimed.

Last year DII teams was a partial counter according to the new SRS.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/09/11/in-fcs-huddle-nothing-simple-about-fcs-playoff-selections/

The SRS will factor in all of a team's games against FCS, FBS and Division II competition.