SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Actually the main reason NDSU is afraid to play us every year in football correlates to the basketball game this year. They spent years bad mouthing how bad UND's basketball team was and then they came to Grand Forks and got it handed to them. After all the bad mouthing they have done about UND's football team they are deathly afraid they will get it handed to them too. They could not handle us beating their beloved football team. They have to many memories of how UND was beating up on them the last 10 years we played them. UND also holds a decided advantage over NDSU in the alltime series too.

Actually the main reason NDSU is afraid to play us every year in football correlates to the basketball game this year. They spent years bad mouthing how bad UND's basketball team was and then they came to Grand Forks and got it handed to them. After all the bad mouthing they have done about UND's football team they are deathly afraid they will get it handed to them too. They could not handle us beating their beloved football team. They have to many memories of how UND was beating up on them the last 10 years we played them. UND also holds a decided advantage over NDSU in the alltime series too.

Yeah we're all jealous of what UND has done. 2011 NC..........

Yeah we're all jealous of what UND has done. 2011 NC..........

Really??? I don't remember UND winning a national championship in 2011. I'm sure I would have noticed that. ;):D

You would think that the fans of a school that was so successful wouldn't have time to post on forums for other schools, especially other schools that aren't rivals. Yet you are here trolling on a regular basis. Good thing that you don't care about UND.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't matter what I think - since Faison decided to negotiate this in the media there's a good chance this won't happen.

Gene Taylor was the first to mention the game and dates on the Bison Media blog. You don't even have to know how to read to see it since it was video. Than, Izzo tweeted about it. Only after that did Faison get a phone call and believe it or not, he said 2015 would be the first year it would happen and that they were talking. Wierd, its what Izzo and Taylor were saying two days earlier.

I agree with a few posters from earlier, I think the basketball game and volleyball game from last year have Bison fans a little nervous about scheduling this one.

• Upvote 2

Really??? I don't remember UND winning a national championship in 2011. I'm sure I would have noticed that. ;):D

You would think that the fans of a school that was so successful wouldn't have time to post on forums for other schools, especially other schools that aren't rivals. Yet you are here trolling on a regular basis. Good thing that you don't care about UND.

I didn't think we were playoff eligible. At least we didn't bitch and moan about not being allowed in the playoffs during transition time like another FCS team did in say 2004-2007... :whistling:

Gene Taylor was the first to mention the game and dates on the Bison Media blog. You don't even have to know how to read to see it since it was video. Than, Izzo tweeted about it. Only after that did Faison get a phone call and believe it or not, he said 2015 would be the first year it would happen and that they were talking. Wierd, its what Izzo and Taylor were saying two days earlier.

I agree with a few posters from earlier, I think the basketball game and volleyball game from last year have Bison fans a little nervous about scheduling this one.

What??? Dan might be wrong about something,... again?

That Bison Media Blog must have been hacked by UND and the evil Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Glad everyone is watching the Bison Media Blog. Problem is they have agreed only on one thing (some open dates) It's not a done deal as there are other details to decide.

Doesn't matter what I think - since Faison decided to negotiate this in the media there's a good chance this won't happen.

Glad everyone is watching the Bison Media Blog. Problem is they have agreed only on one thing (some open dates) It's not a done deal as there are other details to decide.

You can run back to Bville now.... you lost.

WE never claimed we didn't. We are interested in both UND and NDSU as citizens of North Dakota and/or fans of teams in North Dakota . WE never "moved on." A lot in your fanbase say you have "moved on"; but clearly you and they have not. Which is great! Hey, at least now, you won't have to manufacture some contrived rivalry with SDSU, which you guys clearly do not have the same hate, digust and disdain for. ;)

I admit I was wrong. It wasn't mentioned in the Media Blog however, Izzo have a couple tweets about it on May 15th. Mentioning Taylor told him about 2015 and 2017. I'd say Taylor was the first to go to the media.

I admit I was wrong. It wasn't mentioned in the Media Blog however, Izzo have a couple tweets about it on May 15th. Mentioning Taylor told him about 2015 and 2017. I'd say Taylor was the first to go to the media.

Since Izzo is media......

The skirting around in a circle that UND and NDSU officials have been doing is getting really old.

Both schools need to just ****ing man up and get the games going again.

PS I actually agree with Taylor on playing every other year. I think it'd make the games even more hyped up since they won't play each other every single year.

Yeah I don't really get it because it is hard enough to schedule quality FCS games west of the Mississippi. Not to mention this is a home and home so it is not like they are paying us 200k to come in. It will be a full house, not to mention the media opportunities, so whatever they make should be a profit. Those arguments simply don't hold water; as it is merely arrogance and stubbornness at its finest. Oh, and we are giving up a home game in 2015 to make this happen so we are making a sacrifice too. FCS should really go to 12 game schedules as well.

NDSU will make money in football regardless. UND gets a significant benefit in this, NDSU doesn't. I am happy they are most likely playing again, but that doesn't change the fact that this benefits one school a lot more. No, UND is not making much of a sacrifice. A home-game at UND is nothing like a home-game at NDSU. When you have soon-to-be 12,000-some thousand season ticket holders to answer to, they want home games.

Because football games 10-20 years ago are very significant in deciding who would win.

I don't think anyone is "deathly afraid" of losing a football game. It would be no fun to have the team lose, especially to an in-state rival. And yes, UND won a big majority of the games down the stretch in the series, hard not to win games when Babich is in charge! ;) It should be fun to get the games going from time to time again.

I actually agree. I think up until this point NDSU had too much to lose by playing this game, and I think if the situation were reversed UND would be saying pretty much the same thing.

As a competitor I say we should have been playing UND all along, but I admit, during the past 4 years, playing a game against scared me a little. Only because NDSU had moved up and SHOULD win the game. But it's a rivalry game and anytime that is the case either team could come out on top.

So it makes sense to me that NDSU has waited until UND was on equal footing in terms of scholarships. That way in the event that UND wins the game, which has always been a possibility, it is far less embarrassing.

Now before you say "I told you NDSU fans were scared", understand that UND would have thought the exact same way had they made the move up first.

I don't want this to come off as condescending, but I'm sure it will. It's similar to when UND played USF. UND gained absolutely nothing from playing that game. USF is considered by the public to be an inferior opponent, a savvy football fan knows that USF is a quality program and actually might have fielded a better squad than UND that year. It is still a point of major embarrassment for UND to lose the game. That's how I have felt the last 4 years.

I am confident we would have won, but I know how the game works and once you step on the field with a team you are opening yourself up to a loss, even if it seems like a remote possibility.

Long story short, it makes much more sense to get serious about scheduling this game now that UND and NDSU are back on "equal footing".

I think you said it well and made good points. Now that the transition is over, its time to get serious about scheduling the game. I know a majority of Bison fans would rather play UND than Prairie View A&M. I find it very comical if you wouldnt.

NDSU sold out two regular season games last season. They didn't even sell out the first playoff game.

Edit: there attendance numbers are so random vs. their capacity its hard to tell what they call a sellout. Two appeared to be. But if those were sellouts than all three playoff games were not.

The playoff games were sold out. They had to eliminate seats for the TV crews and some of the tickets weren't included in the total. I was told the number announced was the total that the public paid.

Johnyboy - Please tell us the significant benefit UND gets from this? Just for arguments sake lets say UND's football attendance remains the same as it was this past year (7,850). Assuming this is the only game UND can sell out your saying that UND gets a signifcant benefit by selling 4,000 extra tickets once every four years?

• Upvote 1