SiouxSports.com Forum

Nate Hagemo

UND92,96

After reading the comments about Hagemo, I'm proud of most of you guys for having some class and sympathy for this young man--even if he was a Gopher. He is like family to me and and while he has a long road ahead of him, he is surrounded by people who care about him and I believe he will once again become the Nate he used to be(with or without hockey). For those of you who judged him, you don't know the circumstances unless any of you losers were world-class athletes who were given Oxycontin just to be able to perform. I'm not making excuses as he was weak and couldn't deal with the pain and kick his addiction but before you make accusations and assumptions, get your facts straight.

For the rest of you, you're good people and that is why I love the people I've met over the years from the UND community. I assure you if Nate were a Sioux player, the Gopher fans would have eviscerated him.

This is a sad story that I would like to see have a happy ending and I hope Hagemo recovers from.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the comments about Hagemo, I'm proud of most of you guys for having some class and sympathy for this young man--even if he was a Gopher. He is like family to me and and while he has a long road ahead of him, he is surrounded by people who care about him and I believe he will once again become the Nate he used to be(with or without hockey). For those of you who judged him, you don't know the circumstances unless any of you losers were world-class athletes who were given Oxycontin just to be able to perform. I'm not making excuses as he was weak and couldn't deal with the pain and kick his addiction but before you make accusations and assumptions, get your facts straight.

For the rest of you, you're good people and that is why I love the people I've met over the years from the UND community. I assure you if Nate were a Sioux player, the Gopher fans would have eviscerated him.

tell him good luck for us. No matter who this happens to it is a sad story and most people would only want the best for the person. I hope he gets the help he needs because it is sad to go through both for him and his family and friends...I know that through experience.

He is like family to me and and while he has a long road ahead of him, he is surrounded by people who care about him and I believe he will once again become the Nate he used to be(with or without hockey).

Like I said ...

He's made a mistake in his life.

He's getting another chance.

I'm more interested in what he's going to do with that second chance than the mistake he made.

However, if he really is like family to you, you're getting a second chance after a mistake too.

• 5 months later...

Man I hope this kid makes it. Not only would it turn his life around by accomplishing his goal of making the Hurricanes but it would be good for the game of hockey as well. What a story it would be! I remember watching him when he was with the Gophers and I think he was also on that 2004 World Junior team in Grand Forks too.......I think, but that kid was damn fast! Good luck Nate!

Man I hope this kid makes it. Not only would it turn his life around by accomplishing his goal of making the Hurricanes but it would be good for the game of hockey as well. What a story it would be! I remember watching him when he was with the Gophers and I think he was also on that 2004 World Junior team in Grand Forks too.......I think, but that kid was damn fast! Good luck Nate!

If anything he will be in the ECHL at best, which is not a bad thing. Sounds like the kid needs some structure in his life more than anything.

If anything he will be in the ECHL at best, which is not a bad thing. Sounds like the kid needs some structure in his life more than anything.

that seems to be your answer to anyone who doesn't have tj oshie talent :lol: he has a tough road to travel, and he may never make it back, but there is a reason he was a top 60 nhl draft pick. the talent is there. if he can stay clean and healthy, he could spend some significant time in the ahl this season, and develop into a puck moving nhler. he is fast, good with the puck, and aggresive. he is not big, and obviously he needs to get his head straight, but wish him the best even if he is an ex-goofer.

I didn't realize he was so young, only 21. God willing, with renewed dedication, willingness, inner strength and his talent he'll pull through this. He's not played hockey for awhile so if he doesn't make it this summer, hopefully, he'll find something to 'dedicate' his life to and stay healthy and out of trouble.

Good luck, Nate!

Anything is possible. Just look at Josh Hamilton.

Yeah well Josh Hamilton was the #1 overall pick in the draft ala Joe Mauer. So the potential was more than there. However yes, anything is possible. That is "still" the great thing about America!

Great article! Sounds like Nate really has made strides to turn his life around. Oh, except for that part where he was arrested three weeks ago for violating a restraining order.

Well that happens, I am sure he is still in love with the girl.

It may happen, :) but it shouldn't. That type of casual acceptance causes society significant problems.

Yeah, like the idiot in the Fargo bar that was so proud to have his picture taken with O.J. Simpson. People's fascination with everything celebrity is beyond me, especially when that celebrity is as infamous as O.J.

Yeah, like the idiot in the Fargo bar that was so proud to have his picture taken with O.J. Simpson. People's fascination with everything celebrity is beyond me, especially when that celebrity is as infamous as O.J.

In the Fargoan's defense, Charlie Manson couldn't get a weekend pass.

Yeah well there is no comparison between Hagemo and OJ.

This is a sad story and don't think this thread should be a topic up for debate on this board.

I dont do much posting on this sight but I do read most of the posts .This is not the forum for this topic. There are more things important then hockey and this is one of them.I am offended by this post and as a sioux hockey fan I demand it be taken down.

I dont do much posting on this sight but I do read most of the posts .This is not the forum for this topic. There are more things important then hockey and this is one of them.I am offended by this post and as a sioux hockey fan I demand it be taken down.

Maybe I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm utterly confused. :) Aren't you saying the same thing? Maybe you meant you're offended by the topic? ???

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Looks around confused) Wait, this is still a Fighting Sioux message board right? Did this guy play for us? I don't remember him. Did he play on Parise's line? (Walls start closing in) I used to get such great news concerning UND here, now I can only find info about the Gophers, Bison, Packers, and Vikings. Did we change the nickname in the middle of the night. Should I be going to FlickertailSports.com now for UND athletics? Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Looks around confused) Wait, this is still a Fighting Sioux message board right? Did this guy play for us? I don't remember him. Did he play on Parise's line? (Walls start closing in) I used to get such great news concerning UND here, now I can only find info about the Gophers, Bison, Packers, and Vikings. Did we change the nickname in the middle of the night. Should I be going to FlickertailSports.com now for UND athletics? Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

no, he didn't play for us but that doesn't mean that we can't talk about things in the hockey world. As a Sioux fan, yes I did not like him when he played for the Gophers. As a HOCKEY fan, i have no lingering feelings of dislike for him and wish him all the best. As hockey fans, we can all wish luck for a young man would made some MAJOR mistakes and is now just trying to turn his life around.

GO LAY DOWN! If you are one of those people that get offended easily then don't come on the website! majority of the people that are posting on here are actually wishing him nothing but luck. Yes, there are a few bad apples on this message board that have to take it to extremes lengths to knock the kid even more but majority are just saying that they hope he can turn his life around! plus who are you to demand things?