SiouxSports.com Forum

Nate Hagemo

UND92,96

GO LAY DOWN! If you are one of those people that get offended easily then don't come on the website! majority of the people that are posting on here are actually wishing him nothing but luck. Yes, there are a few bad apples on this message board that have to take it to extremes lengths to knock the kid even more but majority are just saying that they hope he can turn his life around! plus who are you to demand things?

I'm no fan of dwelling on the Gophers, but I don't see the harm in stating that Hagemo has gotten a second shot at hockey. Debate if you will how much he deserves it, but it's a valid topic.

If this were naught but a flame-fest, it would be a different story.

Remember a general rule: The U.S. Constitution protects your right to be offended and conversely, to post offensive material. It does not protect obscenity.

Elkman has every right to be offended by this thread or any post on this board. He can demand that a post or thread be removed if he wants. There is no rule stating that Jim or the moderators have to abide by his demand.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no fan of dwelling on the Gophers, but I don't see the harm in stating that Hagemo has gotten a second shot at hockey. Debate if you will how much he deserves it, but it's a valid topic.

If this were naught but a flame-fest, it would be a different story.

Remember a general rule: The U.S. Constitution protects your right to be offended and conversely, to post offensive material. It does not protect obscenity.

Elkman has every right to be offended by this thread or any post on this board. He can demand that a post or thread be removed if he wants. There is no rule stating that Jim or the moderators have to abide by his demaertan people on this ncd.

[/quotsome posters When someone has a different view of an issue certain people on this sight use words like go lay down or go away.In my opion the picture of Hagemo sets the tone. I think most people,not all wish Hagemo the best. My point is this is not the forum for it. The picture was used for shock value and served no purpose but to degrade the young man.If Hagemo would have been a fighting sioux I think alot of people might agree with me.My point being hockey is the best sport but have alittle compassion and honor and in this case I feel the intent of the post was the opposite.

[/quotsome posters When someone has a different view of an issue certain people on this sight use words like go lay down or go away.In my opion the picture of Hagemo sets the tone. I think most people,not all wish Hagemo the best. My point is this is not the forum for it. The picture was used for shock value and served no purpose but to degrade the young man.If Hagemo would have been a fighting sioux I think alot of people might agree with me.My point being hockey is the best sport but have alittle compassion and honor and in this case I feel the intent of the post was the opposite.

I agree with SiouxCrioux. A picture is worth 1000 words, but those words all change depending upon who is writing the words.

A picture is a picture. HOw you interpret it is your own. The picture was posted because it was indeed Nate Hagemo and that he does indeed deserve all the flak he has gotten because that's what happens when you fall from grace, so to speak.

The flak Nate has been getting here and whether or not he deserves a second chance is, imo, two different topics entirely. The topics are not mutually exclusive, but they are seperate topics.

My opinion is that he does deserve this shot at redemption, but if he blows it, then he does deserve everything that would come because of it. We (fans and opponents alike) did not choose the path Nate chose once he faced adversity. Nate did. He got messed up. He did not have to. He could have chosen a different path. He didn't and he's paying the price. You don't have to like the price he's paying, but it is what he's paying.

That's all there is to it.