SiouxSports.com Forum

Nate Hagemo

UND92,96

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he has been released today

Late Saturday morning, Hagemo was pulled over near 51st Street and Aldrich Avenue S. after police were alerted by a resident to suspicious activity near his vehicle. Hagemo agreed to let police search his car, Sgt. Jesse Garcia said.

Inside, officers found a number of syringes and a drug kit. One of the syringes appeared to be filled with what police suspect is heroin, Garcia said.

Garcia said Hagemo told police he was still part of the Gophers hockey team but was staying home last weekend because of an injury.

soohockey15 the next time before you post maybe you should think about what you are saying. both of your posts are pathetically insensitive. I assume the 15 stands for your age. If not I hope you don't have kids, or I hope you get sensitivity training before you do. Sad story and it is too bad that people have to go through things like this, try some compassion

soohockey15 the next time before you post maybe you should think about what you are saying. both of your posts are pathetically insensitive. I assume the 15 stands for your age. If not I hope you don't have kids, or I hope you get sensitivity training before you do. Sad story and it is too bad that people have to go through things like this, try some compassion

Its too bad this has happened, but I can't say I have much sympathy for this kid. He and he alone made the choice to use drugs. And its not like he was smoking weed either (not like thats any better, not exactly deadly), he was shooting heroin. I can't imagine the U would've pulled his scholly just cause he got hurt either, so he had that going for him.

Its too bad this has happened, but I can't say I have much sympathy for this kid. He and he alone made the choice to use drugs. And its not like he was smoking weed either (not like thats any better, not exactly deadly), he was shooting heroin. I can't imagine the U would've pulled his scholly just cause he got hurt either, so he had that going for him.

I agree that no one should feel sorry for him. I just dont think ripping on him helps the matter. He only did it to himself, but he obvioulsy has a serious problem. And before anyone says it I know he will not read this board. I just expect us to be above ripping in this type of a situation. I am sure it is just my expactations that are wrong.

Um, I think anytime someone is found with heroin there is usually a little problem.

Probably. But I don't know the facts, only what's been in the media. Lord knows they've gotten it wrong once or twice. I'm not going to judge the boy or come down on him because he does or may have a drug problem. I'm not perfect.

Alot of times nagging pains will lead people to abuse drugs, legal or illegal, just to deal with the pain. No one on this board knows the whole back story to this kid. I just wish him a healthy recovery.

I agree with your statement. Nobody is perfect, and this kid is going to need backing and support, not the media and others to drag him down.

Good luck to him, and I hope for the best for him and his family.

I agree with your statement. Nobody is perfect, and this kid is going to need backing and support, not the media and others to drag him down.

Good luck to him, and I hope for the best for him and his family.

Seen a lot of friends in the same situation as he is, it's just too sad to see someone let there demons get the best of em.

sensitivity training

sensitivity training at its best!

Nate was a member of Team USA that played in the 2005 World Jr. Tournament in Grand Forks. As a volunteer for the tournament I had the opportunity to spend a great deal of time with all of the players from Team USA. Nate was one of my favorites. He was very respectful, soft spoken, and humble. He had an injury coming into the tournament. In fact, his coach, Don Lucia did not want Nate to take part in the tournament and risk further injury. Nate wanted to represent his country and decided to play anyway. Long story short, Nate reinjured the shoulder in the Tournament and never fully recovered and was forced to quit the game he loved. I am assuming that this has led to the sad story we are talking about today. I ask all of you to give the kid a break...