Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Denver

Recommended Posts

I belong to the "I hate DU" fan club.  UND has lost too many national titles to this team.  

Like goofy, I respect their talent, but that does NOT mean they deserve open shooting lanes and unobstructed views.

We know which way the whistle will blow, so keep hands on sticks, sticks on the ice, and feet moving fast as hell.  Get pucks deep, forecheck like demons, and give them no quarter in our end of the rink.

No one in green/white takes a shift off, no passengers.  This is the time to light up the ships.

 

GO SIOUX!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last 10 games, UND and DU have played to a tie 4-4-2.

Date Location Result Note

12-05-15 Grand Forks W, 4-0 Johnson starts SHO streak

02-12-16 Denver L, 4-6 CBS + Pacific Rim = 17 pts

02-13-16 Denver L, 1-4 Gambrell 2 goals

03-19-16 Minneapolis (ot) T, 1-1 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

04-07-16 Tampa W, 4-2 NCAA Frozen Four

11-11-16 Grand Forks (ot) T, 1-1 Gersich 3x3 OT goal

11-12-16 Grand Forks L, 2-3 Borgström GWG

03-17-17 Minneapolis W, 1-0 Johnson SHO, Poganski GWG

11-17-17 Denver W, 5-4 UND erases 3-0 deficit

11-18-17 Denver L, 1-4 Denver 3-8 on PP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Goon said:

Over the last 10 games, UND and DU have played to a tie 4-4-2.

Date Location Result Note

12-05-15 Grand Forks W, 4-0 Johnson starts SHO streak

02-12-16 Denver L, 4-6 CBS + Pacific Rim = 17 pts

02-13-16 Denver L, 1-4 Gambrell 2 goals

03-19-16 Minneapolis (ot) T, 1-1 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

04-07-16 Tampa W, 4-2 NCAA Frozen Four

11-11-16 Grand Forks (ot) T, 1-1 Gersich 3x3 OT goal

11-12-16 Grand Forks L, 2-3 Borgström GWG

03-17-17 Minneapolis W, 1-0 Johnson SHO, Poganski GWG

11-17-17 Denver W, 5-4 UND erases 3-0 deficit

11-18-17 Denver L, 1-4 Denver 3-8 on PP

Over the last two years, so far, 2-2-1.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goon said:

Over the last two years, so far, 2-2-1.

That makes sense considering how strong both of these programs usually are. Unfortunately, one of them is down right now and it isn't DU.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have CBSSN any longer.  Can anyone recommend a bar/rest in the north metro (prefferably blaine/anoka) that would be able to put the game on one of their TV's tonight?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

If Cam plays both games UND gets swept.  Need to put Thome in and have him get hot.  

Did you forget how well Cam played his Sophomore year?

Do I think they'll get swept if Cam is playing, no, but I am in the corner that there isn't a big difference between Cam / Thome. If both are healthy, I'd like to see them split time and whoever plays better takes over. If that's Thome, then he should be the one in net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Gardner isn’t playing. He’s snatch chatting from the stands while team skates

So that's what the kids are calling it these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we are using Snap Chat to confirm playing status, I can confirm Gabe Bast will play tonight as he was sitting in the locker room in his practice gear. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AJS said:

Did you forget how well Cam played his Sophomore year?

Do I think they'll get swept if Cam is playing, no, but I am in the corner that there isn't a big difference between Cam / Thome. If both are healthy, I'd like to see them split time and whoever plays better takes over. If that's Thome, then he should be the one in net.

Let's be honest about Cam's sophomore year, he was the equivalent of a game manager QB in football.  He had what might have been the best group of defensemen ever in program history playing in front of him....and they were only needed when Schmaltz, Boesser, and Caggiula weren't controlling play in the other end.  Cam just had to be average and not screw anything up.  

I do agree that while I think Thome is a much better goalie, that splitting games is most realistic at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam was fantastic to start this year, before his injury. As far as being dialed-in, to me it was the best he's looked in any of his seasons. I think Thome will be a solid G, but Denver seriously exposed his weakness (lateral movement) for eight goals in those two games. He's gotten enough time for us to feel confident going into next year without Cam. But this year, if Cam is healthy, he needs to be in net down the stretch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SiouxTupa said:

Cam was fantastic to start this year, before his injury. As far as being dialed-in, to me it was the best he's looked in any of his seasons. I think Thome will be a solid G, but Denver seriously exposed his weakness (lateral movement) for eight goals in those two games. He's gotten enough time for us to feel confident going into next year without Cam. But this year, if Cam is healthy, he needs to be in net down the stretch.

Whatever weakness Thome has, he still has a better SV % than Cam (they are close .913 vs .906). I just think it'd be crazy to play Cam no matter what, given his very mediocre numbers. This isn't saying play Thome every night, but given where we are at, I'd prefer to go with whichever goalie gets hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×