SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

What is Gionta doing on the team PERIOD? I guess if you play for Boston College, you get special dibs on these national teams. :silly:

download.jpg

I'm no fan of Gionta - especially now that he's well past his prime - but BC has turned out some pretty good players over the past 20 years or so.  

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm no fan of Gionta - especially now that he's well past his prime - but BC has turned out some pretty good players over the past 20 years or so.  

My point is that a 39 year old retired player should not be on this team. This cannot be "the best we can get". And don't think for a second that the East Coast Bias in the sports media didn't have something to do with his inclusion on the team.

Heads need to roll at USA Hockey for this. It is simply unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is that a 39 year old retired player should not be on this team. This cannot be "the best we can get". And don't think for a second that the East Coast Bias in the sports media didn't have something to do with his inclusion on the team.

My lord, settle down haha. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, it's not like we had NHL players available...

Not surprised by the Men's team - They should let all Pro Coaches & College Coaches vote on the team any ties & let whoever is the team coach pick from the tied players & I'm OK with no current NHL Players

I have been more excited about the Women - It's their time Go Lammy Twins & Gigi & GO USA !

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Come on, let's take a deep breath. Gionta wasn't that bad. And besides, there wasn't a lot of choices. 

27 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Not surprised by the Men's team - They should let all Pro Coaches & College Coaches vote on the team any ties & let whoever is the team coach pick from the tied players & I'm OK with no current NHL PlayerS.

I'm curious as to how you think our USA Olympic team might look in 2022 if a bunch of Canadian citizen NHL coaches vote on the roster... 

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

USA will do it tonight........

USA 2

CAN 1

Not so fast my friend!  Canada knows how to win when it matters and the US team has been known to choke in the biggest moments.  

The ghosts of 2014 continue to haunt the US - Canada 3-2. 

36 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Not so fast my friend!  Canada knows how to win when it matters and the US team has been known to choke in the biggest moments.  

The ghosts of 2014 continue to haunt the US - Canada 3-2. 

"And all this negativity...........sucks"!

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm curious as to how you think our USA Olympic team might look in 2022 if a bunch of Canadian citizen NHL coaches vote on the roster... 

OK I just think they would know who was available & would be the best to pick the best available 

Are there really that many Canuck coaches that would be that evil to support team Canada over team USA in that situation ?

5 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Are there really that many Canuck coaches that would be that evil to support team Canada over team USA in that situation?

Sure, and maybe the Olympic Coaches from Russia could help assist Canada in the selection process for Team USA, too.