SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2011

gfhockey

So what does every think the chances are that Gregoire decides to forgo his senior season? Considering that the New York Islanders own his draft rights..my guess is that him leaving early is above 50%.

Who are the other big possibilities of leaving early?

I think it's pretty high, he's at the peak of his game.

Can someone please explain the rationale for Kristo leaving early? I think he needs at least another year. Thoughts?

I think the biggest factor is that Kristo is currently Montreal's number-one rated prospect. We all know that Kristo would likely be better served playing another season at the college level rather than spending what is likely to be a year in the AHL. There is a rumor on this thread that Kristo has stopped attending classes, but we don't know that. So what we do know is that he's a valued commodity of the Canadiens, and I think he's playing at a level high enough to justify leaving.

Perhaps Hakstol can convince him to stay if he's thinking otherwise.

You have to wonder how Montreal views Kristo's recent off-ice injury.

If I were Montreal I'd want to see if Kristo can bring his life into balance the way his teammate Frattin did.

Different situations, but poor decisions that affect your team are still poor decisions that affect your team. Oh, and mentioning poor decisions, I believe Kristo's pal TJ Oshie recently made some poor decisions that cost him a multi-game suspension in St. Louis.

The hockey world is a small world at those highest levels.

Hope your right but I remember hearing the same thing about Brock Nelson and Danny Mattson.

Brock Nelson got 11 points in his last 12 games so he probably will be a lot better with a summer of lifting weights.

Brock Nelson got 11 points in his last 12 games so he probably will be a lot better with a summer of lifting weights.

That was my biggest complaint on Nelson as well.

The guy has a big frame but no meat to it. The guy was getting pushed around a bit. For a guy who's over 6'2, that's not good.

If Nelson fills out his frame and strengthens up, it will be harder for him to find himself in the situations that got him injured this season.

Just read an article on hockeysfutures.com cant find it now but they already interviewd gregoire today.

He told them he needs to work on leadership more. (what better way to do that then a C on his chest next year)

But when they asked him if hes going to go pro he told them hes going to anaylze everything and weigh the pros and cons and discuss with islanders and hakstol

Just read an article on hockeysfutures.com cant find it now but they already interviewd gregoire today.

He told them he needs to work on leadership more. (what better way to do that then a C on his chest next year)

But when they asked him if hes going to go pro he told them hes going to anaylze everything and weigh the pros and cons and discuss with islanders and hakstol

That is pretty cool. Gives a little hope he may come back for his senior year. If he does decide to come back, he'd definitely get a C or A patch. He could have a hell of year much like Frattin did if he comes back.

Agree. Just sayin its hard to come in as a freshman and dominate. I've never seen Grimaldi but everything I've read about him sounds good. Still he's tiny and Nelson beat him out for the juniors spot.

Agree. Just sayin its hard to come in as a freshman and dominate. I've never seen Grimaldi but everything I've read about him sounds good. Still he's tiny and Nelson beat him out for the juniors spot.

Agreed...Zucker made the World Junior team as a 17 year old when won gold.....Grimaldi did not make the team this year as a 17 year old. Just saying he will have an adjustment to colleg hockey

Hopefully Aaron Ness can improve on his Aaron Rodgers championship belt move at the next level!

That being said, I tuned in for almost every NCAA hockey tournament game this year. Watching players bolt school early for the NHL is becoming disheartening. I'd hate to see college hockey turn into the joke that college basketball has become.